Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: medical dictionary

Default medical dictionary
    hello ppl,
    i hav decided to make a medical dictionary in stardict format..that can be used in wedict....can u ppl..pls send me some medical dictionaries..as a PDF format..which i can then convert into stardict dormat...help will be much appreciated!!!
    Thnx...
    Vishnu
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vishnuvenky For This Useful Post:

TriniGodzilla (2007-11-26)

Sent you a PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DocGo For This Useful Post:

I would love to get it for my wife, currently a nursing student. Let me know what I can help you with.

I will look around, and THANK YOU!!! I was wondering when someone would make one. THANKS

thanx for all ur inputs...
    im not a programmer as such..am a medical student...so i have to look up everything on the net...rite now contacted the stardict forums for a small problem im afacing in opening their editor....will keep u guys poted on new developments..
    PLS SEND IN MORE MEDICAL DICTIONARIES IN PDF FORMAT...even txt files are acceptable..im talking in the likes of dorland or steadman..or even a drug guide...
    Thanx..
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vishnuvenky For This Useful Post:

some good news ppls...
    i contacted the creator of stardict..n sent him links of othere dictionareis..in babylon format..and he converted and added them to stardict list

http://reciteword.sourceforge.net/stardict/babylon.php

scroll down to health dictionaries...

and apart from this..i also learnt how to create new dictionaries...
    so will be creating more extensive dictionearies..which il post here

@DocGo..im working on the eponyms u sent me...will convert it into stardict..give me some time..and ill hav it done..

ANd ppl..pls send me some txt files or pdfs...which hav nice medical dictioaries..ill try to convert them into stardict format ..

Vishnu
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vishnuvenky For This Useful Post:

NVMY4N (2007-11-25)

Anybody interested...i'm no programmer...but i have some paid...PDA files that i bought would love someone to convert for use with the iPhone...this would work great in a Medical.app for the iphone...i'm really sure there's someway to convert for iPhone use...please someone...anyone...programmer...help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Thanks

a Drug Guide would be NIIIIICE

I have a Davis but it's not in PDF

Quote Originally Posted by vishnuvenky View Post
    some good news ppls...
    i contacted the creator of stardict..n sent him links of othere dictionareis..in babylon format..and he converted and added them to stardict list

http://reciteword.sourceforge.net/stardict/babylon.php

scroll down to health dictionaries...

and apart from this..i also learnt how to create new dictionaries...
    so will be creating more extensive dictionearies..which il post here

@DocGo..im working on the eponyms u sent me...will convert it into stardict..give me some time..and ill hav it done..

ANd ppl..pls send me some txt files or pdfs...which hav nice medical dictioaries..ill try to convert them into stardict format ..

Vishnu

How do I get these to weDict?
    Last edited by NVMY4N; 2007-11-25 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Transformers Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

"300" Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

If you are helped, use the button. It's a much better stat than a post count.

i tried putting them into the same folder as the other dictionaries but they dont come up under search

they came up when i removed the .dz file extension from the dictionary but it crashes when selecting a word

Edit: http://modmyi.com/forums/showpost.ph...0&postcount=10 follow that !
    Last edited by mangaroo; 2007-11-26 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mangaroo View Post
    they came up when i removed the .dz file extension from the dictionary but it crashes when selecting a word

any progress with this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mangaroo View Post

rename *dz to *gz,then unzipped with 7-zip. put this *.dict file and *.idx to /var/root/Library/weDict/

i did it with no problems. these dictionaries are not very thorough. i thought i could find a lot more but i guess i was wrong. i cant install all of them because there isnt enough room on my iphone. thank a lot though!

i should add that the Drug Information dictionary is not working. when i search a medication it basically gives me a bunch of websites and tells me nothing about the medication at all. anyone else having this problem?

where do you put the image files.

Quote Originally Posted by loujob View Post
    where do you put the image files.
    these dictionaries need to be installed to /private/var/root/Library/weDict

After downloading a dictionary, extract. Then rename *.dict.dz to *.dict.gz, extract.

Copy *.dict and *.idx to /private/var/root/Library/weDict

Done!
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Do any of these work well? I haven't seen any solid replies yet. Anyone find a drug book, dosages, contraindications etc?

pleeeeeeeeeeeease make that Med Dictionary

pleaaaaaaaaaaase and fast !!!

I Tryed all the dictionarys I could find.

The Drug infomation one just hads a bunch of links to nih.gov but you can't even click them so it's no use at all.

Dictionary of medicine has no medicine in it it has some small phrases and stuff that I found but no drug information.

I have searched google and still can't find a good stardict that will work