Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best iPhone file transfer using Total Commander on Windows

Default Best iPhone file transfer using Total Commander on Windows
    Hi guys,

Maybe some of u geeks already know this procedure. But for me, it was quickest and best. (even a caveman can do it). I saw it on another website forum and thought I will share it here, on my fav iPhone site.

Since psx files can be very large, it can take awhile to transfer via SSH/SCP. So for those who have Windows, here's a quick guide to transfer files over USB. This is possible for Mac users as well, but requires Erica's Macintosh tools. (I dont know the process as I own PC)

To install:
    First get t-pot. The most recent version at the time of this writing is at: t-pot - Google Code
    Home page: t-pot - Google Code

After dowloading it, unzip it on ur disk.

t-pot is a plugin for an application called total commander.
    Download and install Total Commander from: Total Commander - Download

After Total Commander is installed, unzip t-pot to a folder. Run Total Commander. Click Configuration menu and then click on Options. Now in left hand pane, look for "Plugins" and click it.

Now in right pane of the window, click the "Configure" where it is written "File System Plugins (.WFX)". Now click "ADD" in new window and browse to the t-pot's .wfx file that you unzipped. After adding it to Total Commander, close Total Commander, and load it again. T-pot should now be installed.

To use:
    Connect the iPhone/iTouch via USB.
    At the top of the two window panes, on left side is a drop down menu usually labeled [-c-]. Select Network Neighborhood [-/-] from it (on my PC, it shows -/- for neighbourhood, see for urs). Choose t-pot from the window pane. You should now be looking at the file system of your iPhone/iTouch. Now you can drag over files from the other window pane to it.

Enjoy.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zainee For This Useful Post:

BadNumberBoy (2009-07-24), gashek2 (2008-12-03), Koooookalo (2008-05-26), wllmtn (2008-05-28)

Excellent tutorial, but I'm having a slight problem...
    I'm able to view my iphone's file system, but I there is no folder called /system....

Great tutorial, I have been using this for some time but that covers the simple set for this file transfer program. The only problem is you can not set permissions using Total Commander for your files on the iPhone, so you still need to SSH in to do this bit if required.

To answer Koooookalo then if you can only view /mobile directory with no access to the root folders then you have probably Jailbreak with an older Ziphone version, which did not allow root file access. Go into installer and look for the AFC2 fix and install it, then you can browse the root directory with Total Commander.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

Koooookalo (2008-05-27)

Ah, thank you very much Robcoffee!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

was it from here? i had a problem at first. but now it works flawlessly.
    Manage your iPhone files via Usb cable (windows) iPhoneFreakz

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm, did you just call us geeks?
    People like as ALLOW you to even do that.
    Don't insult us looser. lol
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

what folders exactly do u see in ur file structure??? Give me atleast 6 7 names

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Nyce View Post
    was it from here? i had a problem at first. but now it works flawlessly.
    Manage your iPhone files via Usb cable (windows) iPhoneFreakz
    It wasnt from this site. But it covers the same stuff. Glad it worked for u.

Quote Originally Posted by Koooookalo View Post
    Excellent tutorial, but I'm having a slight problem...
    I'm able to view my iphone's file system, but I there is no folder called /system....
    you can also try Ziphone iBrickr fix from source i.ulock.no. It fixed this problem for me.
    Last edited by zainee; 2008-05-27 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thanks is only a click away. easy...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zainee For This Useful Post:

boyscout (2008-06-01)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks this is exactly what I've been looking for since winscp keeps refusing my connection no matter what I did

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Great tutorial, I have been using this for some time but that covers the simple set for this file transfer program. The only problem is you can not set permissions using Total Commander for your files on the iPhone, so you still need to SSH in to do this bit if required.

To answer Koooookalo then if you can only view /mobile directory with no access to the root folders then you have probably Jailbreak with an older Ziphone version, which did not allow root file access. Go into installer and look for the AFC2 fix and install it, then you can browse the root directory with Total Commander.
    Installer on Iphone? if so I do not see it there?

Installer on Iphone through ttlcmndr view is empty, and through phone search yields no results.

any other advice is greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jetlorider's Avatar
    Thanks

question.....does Total Commander still work properly even for 2.1 firmware?

I've tired it.... but for some reason...my application <dir> isnt accessible anymore after disconnecting the iphone from the usb. Anyone has a solution? thanks in advance.