Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: touchpad pro not working..it says connection could not be made to vnc my ip port 5900

Default touchpad pro not working..it says connection could not be made to vnc my ip port 5900
    i am having this problem since the last 5 days ...its not working at all. i have followed all the instructions on touchpad pro site ....but still the error has not vanished ... ... help guys

it gives - connection failed

connection could not be made to VNC server 192.***.*.*** port 5900

I'm having the same problem with my media center, its running the Windows Firewall, I opened up ports 5900 and 6000 and it is still not working. The only way for me to connect is if I have the firewall turned off. Give that a try and see if it works, that way you know what the problem is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

touchpro is fun all and but is it worth it to pay i think $20 for the full version???

You need to direct it to the computers "true" IP address in some cases, not the one the router assigns it.
    You can use IP Chicken to find out your IP.
    Also, leave the port number out when you set up TPP on your iPhone.
    It should auto set up itself.

If you are sing TightVNC, hovering over the taskbar icon will show you th IP its broadcasting.
    If its not the one from IP Chicken, try both.

Good luck

my touchpad pro used to work without any problem.. but now it gives me this warning.. "Zlib inflate error: invalid stored block lenghts"... Any advise guys? im using a macbook pro & touchpad used to work for me.. what could be the problem.

Default everything is working now
    First: i had two firewall installed on my pc..i dassabled the windows firewall ..and i thought that touchpad pro will work good .:but it gave thaterror .then later i came to know about my second 3rd party firewall ..when i disabled that ..touchpad is working flawlessly .. So the conclusion is that ..u can check if there is another firewall installed other than the inbuilt ones ...so always check for other firewall installed ane close it ..everything will work great

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After u Install VNC and u start setting up touchpro what is the password u enter in the password field under name and adress? I tried adding my own on VNC but it goes back to default

coolbeer1990 , im glad you got your app working, but now i have ran into a problem!!

My problem is connecting to my pc through "Connect From Anywhere". i think i have followed all the steps from , opening a no-ip ,tightvnc server running, check my ports by visiting Open Port Check Tool ,and forwarding port 5900 to my VNC server.
    Yet i haven't been able to Connect
    to my home computer from a different network.down below are some screen shots from my pc and iphone.

O.s: Windows Xp
    Router:Linksys WRT54GS

my problem was peerguardian

Default after installing no-ip and restarted my pc it wont let me go online
    hi i set up no-ip with no issues, it was all working fine but afer te third time i restarded my computer it wouldn’t let me pull up any websites, i undid everything i did and deleted the ports on the router thingy and went on the network connections and clicked on the obtain ip address and DNS autoamtically button but still doesnt let me go on the interenet, also my wifi on my phone doesnt work, im pretty sure its cuz of hat too, it won’t let me go online while im on my wifi
    any help please

ps email me any solutions since i have no internet and my phone is the only source (wifi doesnt work either)

touchpad pro is a very fun and useful app. it was a bit tricky for me at first to get everything up and working on my wifi and my edge. it takes alot of reading and following the information very carefully.

Touchpad Pro: Touchpad Pro > Setup > Mac
    http://www.touchpadpro.com/2008/04/t...p-windows.html
    follow these instructions. it helped me get both wifi and edge working flawlessly. I also suggest you switch to VINE SERVER (stated at the bottom of the page)

If you follow the steps and are still having problems, i suggest you start all over agin from scratch, trying to figure out what you did wrong may screw something else. I say this because i did this......

if this helped, dont forget to hit the thanks button

Cheers,

Mr B
    Last edited by mrblader; 2008-07-14 at 02:10 AM. Reason: found PC setup also

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

OH MY GOD, i think i am gonna shoot myself!
    touchpad only works on 1.1.4 and below!!!!
    and wouldnt you know it!
    everyone is deleting the 1.1.4 apps off of the installer sources!
    so much for stayin on 1.1.4, WHICH I LOVED! HAD NONE OF THE PROBS THAT 2.0+ HAS!!! AND ALL THE CR-APPS ON THE APPSTORE WERE FREE ON INSTALLER!!!!

what happened to the good ole' days when it was all about doin because you could, not because you could get rich off it?

this sucks!

Hi there anyone,

Wondered whether you can help me or point me in the right direction, i have an I-phone 8GB which my Son unlocked to download a game onto it, but received a Ant virus, & now we cannot open the phone back up, it just read; iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes, can you HELP. Thank you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pseudonym View Post
    Hi there anyone,

Wondered whether you can help me or point me in the right direction, i have an I-phone 8GB which my Son unlocked to download a game onto it, but received a Ant virus, & now we cannot open the phone back up, it just read; iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes, can you HELP. Thank you.
    what the he11 is an antvirus?

isnt that on the iphone clones???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    OH MY GOD, i think i am gonna shoot myself!
    touchpad only works on 1.1.4 and below!!!!
    and wouldnt you know it!
    everyone is deleting the 1.1.4 apps off of the installer sources!
    so much for stayin on 1.1.4, WHICH I LOVED! HAD NONE OF THE PROBS THAT 2.0+ HAS!!! AND ALL THE CR-APPS ON THE APPSTORE WERE FREE ON INSTALLER!!!!

what happened to the good ole' days when it was all about doin because you could, not because you could get rich off it?

this sucks!
    Jack...... come back to us jack... step away from the ledge jack.

Touchpad turned into Teleport, which turned into Jaadu. Jaadu is immensely superior to touchpad. I emailed the dev over a period of a week talking to him and trying to get teleport setup since I was having issues. Teleport was buggy as hell, but Jaadu is pretty much perfect.

I have touchpad and jaadu both in front of me right now. My phone is on 2.1 and my touch is on 1.1.4 (I like the best of both worlds ). Touchpad was perfect back in the day (4.46), but once you get your finger wrapped around jaadu and go BACK to touchpad it's like an ugly step child.

I was in the kitchen this morning making coffee and surfing MMI on my touch using touchpad (faster to use my iMac to search MMI than the iphone - even through touchpad). All I kept thinking was "Damn this would be so much easier on Jaadu".

For people who are having issues.......

- on windblows make sure you have your firewall configured properly to accept screen sharing and VNC. Also make sure you do not have blocked ports from antivirus or other programs.

- on Mac make sure you have screen sharing enabled, make sure you have set up your mac's built in VNC client in settings, and make sure you have LITTLE SNITCH setup to accept connections because that screwed me for a LONG time before I figured out that was blocking the phone.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-09-23 at 03:19 PM.