Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEWB: NES+GBA Help Please!

Default NEWB: NES+GBA Help Please!
    Alright I am not the most computer inclined person, i.e. code and transfers and what not do not comprehend over here.

So can someone out there give me an easy, step by step tutorial of how and where to get NES and GBA ROMs and how to get them on my iPhone. I am on a Windows operating system if that helps with the tutorial.

Or if there is already a tutorial like this please hit me with the link.

And my e-mail address is [email protected] if you need to link some sites that like to share.

Any help is great I have both emulators just haven't got around to getting any ROMs onto my iPhone yet.

So please help and thanks in advance!!

just read the forum and learn... everything you need is in... stop asking for n00b questions, responses are here.

and about roms sites: dont you guys know google??????????????????????

Use WinSCP to wirelessly transfer ROMs to your phone. It's what I use. When you first start up NES app, it shows you where you should put the ROMs.

1.. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5 var/root/media/ROMs/NES , You may need to create the ROMs and/or NES folders. This is the directory you'll place your NES ROMs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Another note, the folder must be named ROMs, not just ROMS or roms.

add this source to the installer,(open installer click sources, click edit, click add)
    wigginssoftware.com/swell/Swell
    it has about 10 of the best roms for nes and easily installs!

fot thread of all installer sources visit:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Lis...taller_Sources
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

Skihound what is the actual app called? never mind I found it.

And thanks to those who helped, like broom and ski, very informative and I appreciate it.

Is it the same with GBA? The way broom said except name stuff with GBA and such?

Ok so I downloaded that APP, and then opened NES and it still says no ROMs were found, do I need other APPs installed or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Ic3man; 2007-11-23 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost