Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Crashing with Firmware 1.1.1

Default iPhone Crashing with Firmware 1.1.1
    Anybody having problems with apps crashing in 1.1.1? I upgraded and used jailbreakme.com to get unlocked. Then I started having problems with the phone just crashing at random times when trying to text or in Safari. It would crash and take me back to the main screen and sit there for a few seconds and then it would lock the phone. If I would unlock and try to go back to what I was doing, it would just crash again. I would have to end up just powering off my phone and back on.

Finally, just restored it back to 1.0.2 because it was getting on my damn nerves.

Thanks

Did you install anything on the phone that was possibly incompatible with 1.1.1 before, or was the phone crashing just like that? A simple restore can cure most problems. If your 1.0.2 phone was unlocked, and you didn't virginize properly before you upgraded to 1.1.1, then that could be a reason as to why your phone is failing. But to be fair, 90% of apps that worked on 1.0.2 work on 1.1.1 or they have been updated to work on 1.1.1