Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

Green Apple
    Thanks

does anyone have a link for an easy writeup with the 1.0.2 route?

i was hoping i wouldn't go there, but im struggling with this writeup

edit: so much for that, when i shift+restored, i got error message 1
    i'll stick to this writeup i guess
    Last edited by apercele79; 2007-11-21 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
    EDIT: I renamed the AnySIM1.2.app folder to just AnySIM.app, and it appears to be working now
    Ah yes, that'd be the other gotcha that one must be careful to avoid. Renaming AnySim is a specific step that cannot be skipped!

Good job figuring out your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by apercele79 View Post
    does anyone have a link for an easy writeup with the 1.0.2 route?

i was hoping i wouldn't go there, but im struggling with this writeup
    The longer method posted here works great *and* has step-by-step screen shots along the way. It's longer because it includes the step of downgrading to v1.0.2 (it's step #3 in the how-to) and moving forward again from there.

I hope this helps... let us know.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-21 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

that took awhile to get done, but got it done. had alot of trouble with the iphuc. had to use it quite alot to access the emergency slider screen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post

The longer method posted here works great *and* has step-by-step screen shots along the way. It's longer because it includes the step of downgrading to v1.0.2 (it's step #3 in the how-to) and moving forward again from there.

I hope this helps... let us know.

problem is that i 'm on a PC

Being a complete n00b, im trying to get my head around this, I bought an OTB 1.1.1 iphone from the US and unlocked it using jailbreakme.com and then anysim. Do i need to downgrade this phone to update to 1.1.2 or can I install ohtoprep and just run the update ?

This is all a bit confoosin with all the downgrades and upgrades, can someone explain the reasons for this please ?

Thanks

Error

problem is that i 'm on a PC
    Yup, that's a problem... but, one that is correctable, at least for the purpose of working with your iPhone. The longer how-to will still work, you would just substitute Windows tools/apps for the Mac ones... i.e., instead of using iNdependence, use iJailbreak or (perhaps) even iDemocracy2.

Alternatively, there is this step-by-step that is for Mac and PC. As mentioned, I used this one with the aforementioned longer one to acheive my own flavor of success.

Hope this helps, good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by universalerror View Post
    ...Do i need to downgrade this phone to update to 1.1.2 or can I install ohtoprep and just run the update ?
    I would follow the shorter tutorial that doesn't go as far as backing all the way down to v1.0.2 - basically, starting you at 1.1.1 where you are now (which is where I was before successfully upgrading.)

I believe that Poetic Folly will be putting a MMI tutorial together that covers this shorter method, hopefully with screen shots to go with it.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-21 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

universalerror (2007-11-21)

Green Apple
    Thanks

THANK U SO MUCH for your effort to help me out, but step 3 is still the same, meaning i have to use appsnap. which doesnt work

this stupid icon wont show up

I don't know this has been posted yet but i found it to be a very excellent guide for mac users.

if you are worried about doing it, than take a look.. lots of pictures which i need to know exactly what i am doing.

lol.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=358

THANK U SO MUCH for your effort to help me out, but step 3 is still the same, meaning i have to use appsnap. which doesnt work

this stupid icon wont show up
    Hmmm... this might be a permissions thing? Assuming you have successfully copied the Installer.app onto the iPhone, if the permissions are not set to 755 (meaning the app is executable) it won't show up on the Home Page, no matter how many times you reboot.

Can you successfully SFTP or WinSCP into the phone? If so, then you should be able to check/change the permissions, in turn the app will show up after a reboot.

Otherwise, and if you can you successfully SFTP or WinSCP into the phone, you can download the Installer.app file directly and put it into the "/Applications" directory using the SFTP or WinSCP program.

Hopefully, one of these two suggestions will be the right one for your situation. Is patience a virtue or what?

Hope this helps more than it hurts.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-21 at 08:01 AM. Reason: correct typo.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Quote Originally Posted by vincent6396 View Post
    After you click properties look near the bottom, you see a box with something like 0644? I forgot the exact numbers, just change those numbers to 0755 and save.
    Many thanks. Your advice was perfect.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well, i dont think winscp will work b/c i havent installed ssh
    i dont have ssh since i dont have installer, so im going in a circle

i have winscp on my desktop, but it wont work without ssh

well, i dont think winscp will work b/c i havent installed ssh
    i dont have ssh since i dont have installer, so im going in a circle

i have winscp on my desktop, but it wont work without ssh
    Okay, no worries. The Java based 1.1.2 Jailbreak program will also install SSH for you, which will allow you to connect to your phone (via Wi-Fi) and install applications/traverse and manipulate the filesystem... i.e., put Installer.app into the /Applications directory on the iPhone... and set the permissions to 0755 of course.

The Java based 1.1.2 Jailbreak program is detailed on Page 4 of the longer tutorial I mentioned in earlier posts (screen shots, etc.)

Little by little, you'll get there. I hope this continues to help more than it hurts!
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-21 at 08:20 AM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

You are right iPhoneWriter but isn't he stil at 1.1.1 meaning the Java 1.1.2 doesn't help?
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    You are right iPhoneWriter but isn't he stil at 1.1.1 meaning the Java 1.1.2 doesn't help?
    Doh! You're right about the JailBreak being for version 1.1.2, but I am not sure about the SSH install... at this point, it might be the saving grace for apercele79, or it might not.. but, he won't be any worse for the wear from trying, as it will either work or it won't.

Being on a Mac, there are a couple of options open to installing SSH into the iPhone, with iNdependence being my favorite. Of course, that won't do apercele79 any good since he is on Windows.

Will iDemocracy2 install SSH?
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Awesome Guide Revan!

Unlocked 1.1.2 firmware to T-mobile, everything working.
    ------------------
    Nifty's iPhone 8gig,3G
    firmware version: 3.1.2
    unlocked to T-mobile.

Thanks

apercele79: Did you give ID2 a try?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 08:36 AM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Hi all,

I am stuck on Step 5.

I installed oktoprep. Restored to 1.1.2 in iTunes. IT then prompted me to restore using my old profile or create a new one ( i tried both already)

After restoring to 1.1.2 and then running the windows.bat file, it says oktoprep needs to be run before running ths utility. ( which i did, in 1.1.1.)

Thanks

dadilly: Create a new profile and don't restore to 1.1.2 you need to UPDATE otherwise oktoprep is gone!!!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 08:37 AM.

cool thanks! i just read the "readme" file in the 1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

Quote Originally Posted by dadilly View Post
    After restoring to 1.1.2 and then running the windows.bat file, it says oktoprep needs to be run before running ths utility. ( which i did, in 1.1.1.)
    It's UPDATE to 1.1.2 in the final phases, *not* RESTORE. The restore is only the first time through, before starting the whole downgrade process.

Good luck with it!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast