Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

Green Apple
    Thanks

Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.

as soon as i click INSTALL APPSNAP, it goes directly to the main screen, waiting to activate....there must be some bug, because nothing is being installed

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

I assume you are in 1.1.1 and want to jailbreak to be able to use oktoprep, right? Did you reboot after installing Installer?
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    I assume you are in 1.1.1 and want to jailbreak to be able to use oktoprep, right? Did you reboot after installing Installer?
    i rebooted twice, every time i reboot i get the itunes icon with the SYNC cable....therefore i have to use iPHUC to get it to work..

it's so weird cuz i cant get this annoying appsnap to work; i click it, and it goes directly to springboard, i need that INSTALLER icon, without it, i cant proceed

Thanks

apercele79: Try to restore 1.1.1 again use Independence to kick you out of recovery mode and than go for the *#307#

philipsahrp: It seems as you are the super smart guy, whatever, that is not the tone we talk to each other here, please calm down, I am glad to help out if you need support!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

im on windows, isnt independence only for macs?

Yeah. I just got to the end, and the phone is activated, but not unlocked. It just keeps telling me I need to use an approved sim Now I'm rolling back to 1.1.1 and will start from Phase 4 again

Thanks

apercele79: yes, than use iphuc and execute

cmd setenv auto-boot true
    cmd saveenv
    cmd fsboot

simonk83: Have you unlocked your phone before using any other method? If yes, I tell you to viriginize it before you start!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So I definitely leave the sim I want to use in the phone the whole time?

My phone was originally 1.02, then I unlocked that a while ago. I then virginized and upgraded to 1.1.1 a few weeks ago. For this upgrade, I didn't virginize again as I assume that's what OneSim is for...
    Last edited by simonk83; 2007-11-21 at 06:52 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well i did that, since i have an at&t card, it got activated, now i need to jailbreak
    i did the *#307#, i got to the appsnap website, i can read the FAQ's, WHATS NEW, ETC
    so the website itself works

but when i click INSTALL APPSNAP, it goes directly back to springboard
    it says to wait a couple of minutes, i waited 7 and still nothing

im not supposed to have a progress bar while it's installing, right?

Thanks

Yes, the SIM you want to use can be inserted through the whole progress!

Quote Originally Posted by apercele79 View Post
    well i did that, since i have an at&t card, it got activated, now i need to jailbreak
    i did the *#307#, i got to the appsnap website, i can read the FAQ's, WHATS NEW, ETC
    so the website itself works

but when i click INSTALL APPSNAP, it goes directly back to springboard
    it says to wait a couple of minutes, i waited 7 and still nothing

im not supposed to have a progress bar while it's installing, right?
    I didn't get a progress bar. It kicked me back to the activate screen almost straight away, and I didn't think it was working. I left it for a couple of mins though and it eventually rebooted itself.

Thanks

No progress bar, Safari crashes, goes back to the Activaton Screen and than it will restart itself!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 06:58 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

apercele79 (2007-11-21)

Green Apple
    Thanks

a couple of min, i waited like 5-7

so maybe it's a waiting game, as soon as i saw that it kicked me back to springboard without any kind of progress bar, i assumed it is not working

i'll take a quick shower while it's doing its thing.....plssss work

thanks a lot guys!!!

Thanks

It is not supposed to take that long, maximum 30 seconds, something is screwed

Quote Originally Posted by philipsharp View Post
    ....Stop trying to be so cocking smart and get the basics right first
    Hmm.. you seem to be in the minority, in terms of people who haven't realized success with this how-to... and it's not like anyone is going to offer assistance given the vitriolic venom you are spewing (try a bit of honey instead of vinegar next time, gub'nar.)

Anyway, for others on this thread, I successfully upgraded my unlock'd (T-Mobile) v1.1.1 iPhone using a hybrid between a shorter method and the longer method posted here (which has great screen shots of each step and is the same as what is posted in this thread/forum.) NOTE: The how-to posted in this forum has an initial step of using an app to re-virginize the baseband... I *did not* follow this step, having successfully virginized with this how-to prior to going to the v1.1.1 release a few weeks ago.

The shorter method, which bypasses the v1.0.2 portion of the downgrade, does shorten the process significantly and works like a charm. I am now enjoying a fully unlock'd and fully functional v1.1.2 iPhone. Everything works... YouTube, Stocks, Maps, Safari, Mail... everything.

That said, all three of the how-to's that are linked-to in this post accomplish that same goal - a current iPhone with no ties to the Evil Empire (that'd be AT&T here in the USA.)

Good times indeed... unless, you're philipsharp of course.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-21 at 07:23 AM. Reason: correct typo.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

apercele79 (2007-11-21), jam (2007-11-21)

Ok, I'm just about to run Anysim again. Now the first time, it didn't give me a message saying "Done" or anything like that. Is it supposed to? I'm thinking that might be where it went wrong....

Hmm. It flashed up a quick message about restarting the phone, and I'm pretty sure it said error underneath that, but it was all very quick so I didn't get a good look.... ok, guess it didn't work. Now what....?

EDIT: I renamed the AnySIM1.2.app folder to just AnySIM.app, and it appears to be working now
    Last edited by simonk83; 2007-11-21 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
    Ok, I'm just about to run Anysim again. Now the first time, it didn't give me a message saying "Done" or anything like that. Is it supposed to? I'm thinking that might be where it went wrong....
    Yes, it should gives you progress updates along the way and it takes a minute or two to run.. speaking of thw AnySim v1.2.1u application.

If you run AnySim and it sits a second and then goes back to the Home Page -or- if you run AnySim and are unable to slide the "unlock" slidebar, then you are likely experiencing a permissions issue with the AnySim application.

Make sure you CHMOD or Change the Permissions to 755 *and* do so recursively... using CHMOD with the "-r" parameter (not quotes) or by selecting the appropriate option in whatever WYSIWYG program you're using (Cyberduck, WinSCP or whatever.)

Hope this helps.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

If I would be in your shoes I would downgrade to 1.0.2, downgrade baseband & virginize. Restoring to 1.1.2 downgrading to 1.1.1 jailbreak & install/execute anysim 1.2.1u, install oktoprep and update to 1.1.2
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 07:19 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i give up, maybe i should downgrade to 1.0.2 myself....

Quote Originally Posted by apercele79 View Post
    i give up, maybe i should downgrade to 1.0.2 myself....
    Be sure to OPTION+CLICK
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast