Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

My question to you ReVan, is if I do NOT need to unlock the phone, can I just skip the unlocking steps?

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Did you check if your 1.1.2 looks like this?

iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    Hi xandili,

yes, and re-download just incase. I've now got itunes to tell me that there is a 112 update, and it's busy installing it. I just hope I can go back to 111, then 112 after all this. It is very strange that the 112 file is grayed out!

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

jrentzke: gates or jobs platform?
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

I am using 1.1.1 and unlocked using iPhoneSimFree method. Do I still need to follow steps involving AnySIM and OneSIM?

I am using Mac, please let me know how to do the whole thing cause I am confused for a lot of steps. I dont know what iPHUC is. I use Cyberduck for SFTP and can use AFP too.

Thanks

jrentzke: gates or jobs platform?
    @xandili - using itunes on mac.

- next problem: updated to 112, downgraded to 111, DFU mode on iphone. When I run iphuc on Parallels, I get "Entry Point not found - the procedure entry point CFCopyDescription could not be located in the dynamic link library QTMLClient"
    Is there anything I can use from the mac side in stead of iphuc? or how do I fix the iphuc problem?
    Many thanks for the help.

Thanks

did you copy the libreadline.5.2.dylib file to your mac harddrive?
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

did you copy the libreadline.5.2.dylib file to your mac harddrive?
    @xandili - I didn't know about that file, but I found it. I download the universal iphuc. Where should that file live?

I just tried iPHUC in terminal on the mac, and this is what I get:

recovery callback: Connected in Recovery Mode
    recovery callback: Entering shell in Recovery Mode
    (iPHUC Recovery) #:

Then, when I type in cmd setenv auto-boot true

I get:

Bus error
    logout

[Process completed]

Thanks

this file is in the opt folder, place that folder on your mac hdd root, like c: on a windows pc

it seems to me as you can't connect because of the wrong mode you are in, are you in restore or dfu?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-20 at 06:06 PM.

hey xandili,

i've noticed you been on all morning helping people do this process.

i'm using a mac and i'm about to start the process.

i'm currently using 1.1.1 unlocked using anysim.

i hope you are around if i run into any problems.. lol

Thanks

well i will go to bed soon, 6 hours time diff here, lol

Don't worry the guide is great, thx to all the great guys making this possible!!!

If I can do it having not even english as my first language, you can do it for sure!!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-20 at 06:09 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

annaj (2007-11-20)

that means.. i hope someone is going to be around. lol

Thanks

Be sure you wipe your baseband clean before you start, since you used anysim to unlock earlier!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

annaj (2007-11-20)

can i just use the onesim to correct it? seems like this guys was made for people who have recently virginize their phones and unlocked it using the anysim provided for 1.1.1?

Thanks

You can basically, onesim reverts the changes, my experiences are better with downgrading baseband and virginizing. I wanted to have my baseband totally erased and new flashed also the nck counter reset. But this is just the way I wanted to do it!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-20 at 06:19 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

annaj (2007-11-20)

this file is in the opt folder, place that folder on your mac hdd root, like c: on a windows pc

it seems to me as you can't connect because of the wrong mode you are in, are you in restore or dfu?
    First, your help is REALLY appreciated!
    Ok, got the iphone out of that mode by using independence 3.0b2

I still don't know about the 'opt folder' - where can I download that from?

Quote Originally Posted by vomer View Post
    in the unlocking step you mention this :

# PowerOff your phone and put the original AT&T SIM

Why is the AT&T sim needed especially when anysim asks for your new sim not the ATT one?
    can someone answer this question?

i'm already running into a problem.. haha.. i can't check my baseband, my connection keeps on closing..

Thanks

jrentzke: the opt folder can be found in the iphuc & friends download for mac which you need to google for iphuc and friends from rapidshare

vomer: no need, it basically means that you should insert the sim you want to unlock
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-20 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

annaj (2007-11-20)

jrentzke: the opt folder can be found in the iphuc & friends download for mac which you need to google for iphuc and friends from rapidshare

vomer: no need, it basically means that you should insert the sim you want to unlock
    @xandili - thanks for that.
    Just one last question before you go to bed:

the guide says that I need the patched lockdown file. I downloaded that, but then the guide doesn't say what I should do with this file.

I managed to get back to 112, unlocked, jailbroken, anysimmed - just doing the final touches & wondering about that lockdown file.

Thanks

just ssh into your phone and overwrite the lockdownd under /usr/libexec

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

annaj (2007-11-20)

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast