Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

I'd just like to say that from my experience, this guide has unneccisary steps in it.

The way I got my 1.12 unlocked and fully functional is:

started with 1.1.1 jailbroken activated and unlocked using jailbreakme.com (was originally a 1.02 phone if that matters to anyone)

"Updated" to 1.12 without using OkToPrep (I say updated because I mean updated, not restored)

activated and jailbroke with iDemocracy2 (so that the phone would show up in itunes again)

restored to 1.11, when you get the error after it restores the software, but starts restoring the firmware, simply run iBrickr and have it boot the phone up.

Activate and jailbreak using jailbreakme.com

install BSD subsystem and OpenSSH using installer

SCP anysim1.2u to your phone and run it

install OkToPrep after anysim finishes (*note* even tho anysim finishes successfully, you will not have phone functionality in 1.1.1, so dont sweat it)

open up itunes, and again, "Update" your phone by clicking the update button.

use iDemocracy2 to activate and jailbreak again, and voila, once activated your phone will boot up already unlocked.

*** I found no need to do any steps to "fix" anything that anysim had done to my 1.1.1 phone before I started this procedure ***

Hmm. I duplicated the Applications directory and deleted off the original one. When I restarted, when I press any application, the icon turns to a dark colour like when you press an icon, only thing, the application does not start up. So i am restoring to 1.1.1 to try again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TK1147 View Post
    Will this work with OTB 1.1.2 iPhones. ????
    Yes, you will need to downgrade first to v1.1.1, unlock it and then upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by hernz View Post
    stuck on phase 4.

jailbreakme.com doesnt work for me anymore. i get kicked to activation screen but it doesn't restart or change from 'emergency' to 'unlock'.

i was on a 1.1.1 anysim1.1 unlocked phone. reverted with onesim. updated to 1.1.2. went back to 1.1.1. iphucced >>> stuck

restarting phone brings me to 1.1.1 recovery mode. where i usually iphuc again and try jailbreakme.com but no cigar

note: i think this is happening because i used installer's version of onesim. will retry with linked onesim from guide

edit: it seems i have to re-iphuc every time i follow instructions to reboot phone (to get out of recovery icon). is this normal?
    Use CARNAVAL 0.7. Yes, it's normal. But if you've fumbled in some step, your most likely to keep going in recovery even after iPhuc.. but just proceed to unlock your phone and upgrade to v1.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    REVAN!
    Do you really think phase 1 is really Phase 1?
    I know you are good at writing guides.
    Please re think it!
    Wouldnt you be extra carefull when guiding people, before your Inbox is full with bricked phone complaints!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Yes, you will need to downgrade first to v1.1.1, unlock it and then upgrade.[/B]
    I was told that there is no way to unlock OTB 1.1.2 phones,
    because the bootloader is different, and that has not been encountered before.

If anyone can confirm otherwise, please let me know - I have a friend who just bought a phone because I promised to unlock it for him, and now I can't b/c it is a 1.1.2

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by memphis86 View Post
    hello im memphis, im stuck, pleas need ur help, i tried using anysim 1.2 on fw 1.0.2 and 1.1.1, and doesnt work, at the end of the progress anysim pupsup a quick error that i cant read and my iphone remains locked, i have the 3.9 bootloader and now after the upgrade i have the 4.02.13_G baseband fw, please do i need to revirginize??? and how do i do that? please now im worried, if u can e-mail me i`ll be thankfull
    Same thing here... I even virginized down to 1.0.2 and started all over again, and still the same thing.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

I had the same problem. Try using anySIM1.21u, that should unlock your phone.

My problem now is that I have a unlocked 1.1.2, everything is working fine but I cant see all my incoming SMS and I cant answer incoming calls. I can see the munber of messages and missed calls but when i tap the icon, it just disappears. I can make outgoing calls.

Anybody with the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Same thing here... I even virginized down to 1.0.2 and started all over again, and still the same thing.
    i get the same thing as well

i used this guide to get back to 1.1.1 unlocked
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15310

Can someone upload for me this files?

Tools (contains BASH, ls, AppSupport, sample carrier.plist)

In a server other then rapidshare? THnaks

Quote Originally Posted by memphis86 View Post
    hello im memphis, im stuck, pleas need ur help, i tried using anysim 1.2 on fw 1.0.2 and 1.1.1, and doesnt work, at the end of the progress anysim pupsup a quick error that i cant read and my iphone remains locked, i have the 3.9 bootloader and now after the upgrade i have the 4.02.13_G baseband fw, please do i need to revirginize??? and how do i do that? please now im worried, if u can e-mail me i`ll be thankfull
    Same problem here, I think the anysim 1.2.1.u error message said something about secpack, but I'm not really sure. The screen disappears to fast.

Now I'm trying to revert to 1.1.1 :-/

HI,
    why didnīt you use oktprep before you updated to 1.1.2? In all the other tutorials it is recommended? Is the thing usally done with oktprep done with idemocracy?
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhez View Post
    I'd just like to say that from my experience, this guide has unneccisary steps in it.

The way I got my 1.12 unlocked and fully functional is:

started with 1.1.1 jailbroken activated and unlocked using jailbreakme.com (was originally a 1.02 phone if that matters to anyone)

"Updated" to 1.12 without using OkToPrep (I say updated because I mean updated, not restored)

activated and jailbroke with iDemocracy2 (so that the phone would show up in itunes again)

restored to 1.11, when you get the error after it restores the software, but starts restoring the firmware, simply run iBrickr and have it boot the phone up.

Activate and jailbreak using jailbreakme.com

install BSD subsystem and OpenSSH using installer

SCP anysim1.2u to your phone and run it

install OkToPrep after anysim finishes (*note* even tho anysim finishes successfully, you will not have phone functionality in 1.1.1, so dont sweat it)

open up itunes, and again, "Update" your phone by clicking the update button.

use iDemocracy2 to activate and jailbreak again, and voila, once activated your phone will boot up already unlocked.

*** I found no need to do any steps to "fix" anything that anysim had done to my 1.1.1 phone before I started this procedure ***

nice
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I had the same problem. Try using anySIM1.21u, that should unlock your phone.

My problem now is that I have a unlocked 1.1.2, everything is working fine but I cant see all my incoming SMS and I cant answer incoming calls. I can see the munber of messages and missed calls but when i tap the icon, it just disappears. I can make outgoing calls.

Anybody with the same problem?
    i didn't have this problem - but did you read right down to the end of this guide, there's an optional step to "fix for crashing phone/sms"
    I'm assuming that is what you need..

Got it! Solved it by using iWorld. Now i have a fully functional 1.1.2, baseband is 4.02.13!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sonny For This Useful Post:

sacred (2007-11-20)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Got it! Solved it by using iWorld. Now i have a fully functional 1.1.2, baseband is 4.02.13!
    Thanks man! iWorld works like a charm. No more crashing when dialling! And Thanks for the guide. Works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughtony View Post
    What Firm u using now?

the jailbreak works fine but the activation with anysim doesnt work

help i used this guide and everything went perfect and i was using my phone and then it auto reset and now it just sits on the black screen with the apple logo and will not boot past it..can someone please help me.. thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

piojo1511: How come? It worked fine for me! Did you check your Bootloader?

auser1: Try to iphuc in your phone and execute:

cmd setenv auto-boot true
    cmd saveenv
    cmd fsboot
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-20 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Yes, you will need to downgrade first to v1.1.1, unlock it and then upgrade.[/B]
    I am not sure why you are telling people this will work on OTB 1.1.2, because it doesn't. OTB 1.1.2 has bootloader 4.2 or 4.6 and there is no way to unlock it. Downgrading the firmware or baseband does not effect the boot loader.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

I havent told anybody that it will work, i have told in my previous posts that I can only talk for the bootloader i have what is 03.09

SORRY YOU WERENT TALKING TO ME, TOOK ME A WHILE
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-20 at 04:03 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast