Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

hey i'm sorry but i need help now. I don't get phase 1, with the terminal or the SSH thing.

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashiin View Post
    hey i'm sorry but i need help now. I don't get phase 1, with the terminal or the SSH thing.

thanks
    Before you start make sure you have installed BSD Subsystems & OpenSSH through your Installer and you downloaded the bbupdater file (attached below).

- Copy the bbupdater file to /usr/bin on your iPhone
    - Open Terminal (Mac) or use Putty (Windows) and connect
    (example for Terminal: if your iPhones IP is 10.0.0.1 than execute ssh [email protected])
    (for Putty choose connection type SSH and type in your iPhones IP, if you get an alert window - click yes)
    - Once you are connected change path by typing: cd /usr/bin
    - Now you need to stop the CommCenter by executing: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (You can also use the remove command as shown in ReVan's guide but it doesn't matter)
    - By executing: chmod +x bbupdater you want to make sure the right permissions are set
    - As final step type: bbupdater -v and wait for the result, if your bootloader displays: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2 then you are in good shape and may follow ReVan's guide!
    - Starting CommCenter again: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

P.S.: For those of you who have owned an iPhone prior to November 9th, then you can skip this step.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-02 at 08:55 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

when i use putty it says connection refused when i try to connect... sorry i'm alot of trouble

Thanks

when i use putty it says connection refused when i try to connect... sorry i'm alot of trouble
    Have you installed OpenSSH what can be found under System in your Installer?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-02 at 08:57 AM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

i just got it to work, but when they ask login as what do i do?

When i type something random i can't type a password and it just keeps saying access denied.

Thanks

i just got it to work, but when they ask login as what do i do?

When i type something random i can't type a password and it just keeps saying access denied.
    User: root
    Password: dottie or alpine

yeah when i reach password i can't type anything... it just gets stuck there

Thanks

yeah when i reach password i can't type anything... it just gets stuck there
    Reboot your Gates-Box and your iPhone as well and try again!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anybody do a restore after updating to 1.1.2?? I had a OTB 1.1.1 upped to 1.1.2 using this guide

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...ock_mac_3.html

It relocked after the restore. Tried to use the same guide to downgrade then back up to 1.1.2, now I am stuck at the AnySim step. I keep getting an error stating "that this phone cannot be unlocked"

Please help!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pncntigger View Post
    Anybody do a restore after updating to 1.1.2?? I had a OTB 1.1.1 upped to 1.1.2 using this guide

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...ock_mac_3.html

It relocked after the restore. Tried to use the same guide to downgrade then back up to 1.1.2, now I am stuck at the AnySim step. I keep getting an error stating "that this phone cannot be unlocked"

Please help!!
    If you downgraded back to 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 1.1.2 you need to run OneSIM to reverse the changes anySIM previously did and then start all over with the unlocking process. If it doesn't work virginize your baseband and you'll succed!
    Just a question: WHY DID YOU RESTORE?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-02 at 09:27 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

pncntigger (2007-12-02)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    If you downgraded back to 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 1.1.2 you need to run OneSIM to reverse the changes anySIM previously did and then start all over with unlocking process. If it doesn't work virginize your baseband and you'll succed!
    Thanks!! I am gonna try that right now.

Phone was intemittently locking up after installing GBA emulator and a couple of themes. I wasn't sure which app was causing the issue...but mostly curious to see what would happen.

If you downgraded back to 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 1.1.2 you need to run OneSIM to reverse the changes anySIM previously did and then start all over with the unlocking process. If it doesn't work virginize your baseband and you'll succed!
    Thanks!! Worked like a charm. I am back up at 1.1.1 and preparing for upgrade to 1.1.2 again.
    Last edited by pncntigger; 2007-12-02 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks!! I am gonna try that right now.

Phone was intemittently locking up after installing GBA emulator and a couple of themes. I wasn't sure which app was causing the issue...but mostly curious to see what would happen.

Thanks!! Worked like a charm. I am back up at 1.1.1 and preparing for upgrade to 1.1.2 again.
    GOOD LUCK!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

pncntigger (2007-12-02)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

GOOD LUCK!
    It was a little hairy for a bit when I couldn't get iNdependence to recognize my phone right away. A quick reboot and I was able to finish the update and get all my stuff back on my iPhone.

Thanks again for you help!!!

hi,

do u have the same problem as mine...after upgrading to 1.1.2 + jailbreak+unlock

WeDict doesnt work any longer...

any solution?

all this is confusing to me

Anyone run into a problem where iTunes won't recognize the iPhone after updating to 1.1.2?

While running on 1.1.1, I update to 1.1.2 and iTunes recognizes my iPhone. I then downgrade to 1.1.1, kickstart the phone, jailbreak it, install BSD subsystem, run AnySIM 1.2.1u, run oktoprep and update to 1.1.2 again. After the update has finished, and I'm at the slide for emergency screen, windows will detect the iPhone, but iTunes won't. I've tried downgrading from 7.5 to 7.4.2 with no luck. This seems to happen every time, and prevents me from running the jailbreak, as the jailbreak software can't access the phone

why couldn't u have just ran Onesim to redo all the anysim and then restore to 1.1.2 using itunes then run anysim 1.2u??

do you need to tick the Install SSH when running the 1.1.2 jailbreak?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duncan888 View Post
    do you need to tick the Install SSH when running the 1.1.2 jailbreak?
    I read from one of unlock guides that it is not necessary (sorry can't find link right now) But it would be a good time to install and change your default password if you planned on doing it later anyway.

hi
    sorry i have been in weekend with family
    i;ll try
    thank you

No luck so far, did it about 4 times and it did not work.

the base band now is 04.01.13 and the verginizer is not working
    i tried to update it to 112 then downgrade it to 1.1.1 to verginize the it and its complete successefully but when i finish the phone saied incorrect sim, and after restoring to 111 the phone say activate and it stell say INCORRECT SIM and the IMEI is 004999010640000 it sems this way not working do you know another way to fix the seczone and the corrupted IMEI?

thenk you for ur time
    Last edited by Sylv; 2007-12-03 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast