Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 693

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

  1. #561
    worked amazingly well!

    P.S.: for people who have trouble opening windows.bat, install java runtime and no more questions! take care
    Last edited by abdelkweli1; 2007-11-29 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #562
    Green Apple Sirhc35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just upgraded to 1.1.2 and it worked flawlessly. I am now on 1.1.2 using T-Mobile. I had no problems at all. Thanks a lot ReVan. By the way if I'm not mistaken I think after you unlock the iPhone any SIM card will work afterwards, but I have not tested this.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc35 View Post
    By the way if I'm not mistaken I think after you unlock the iPhone any SIM card will work afterwards, but I have not tested this.
    That's what I thought too, I guess I'll go ahead and run anySim tonight. Will let you guys know. Thanks.

  4. #564
    hi,
    will idemocracy work for not itunes activated iphone running version 1.1.1 on rogers network in canada.
    thank you

  5. #565
    xandili
    should i just follow the guide with regards to the "install the anysim1.2.1u via modmyi" or do i still have to rename the anysim.app folder and change properties???

    thanks

  6. #566
    Green Apple Sproch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts

    So once i update to 1.1.2 my 3rd party apps will be gone..correct? But i will still have contacts, notes, etc?

  7. #567
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shwaa View Post
    After using the newly reduced guide (running anySim once already in 1.1.2) will I be able to swap out the SIM card? For example, if I run anySim on a T-Mobile SIM will I later be able to put in another SIM from another carrier? Can someone try this with a friend's SIM? I just want to know before I run anySim... Perhaps I should wait for the final SIM to do this, but right now I am able to swap SIMs under 1.0.2
    Yes you can, I tried three different SIM's from three different providers and it worked well!

    Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    xandili
    should i just follow the guide with regards to the "install the anysim1.2.1u via modmyi" or do i still have to rename the anysim.app folder and change properties???

    thanks
    Just follow ReVan's updated guide and since you instal anySIM 1.2.1u through your Installer there is no need to rename!

    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim351 View Post
    hi,
    will idemocracy work for not itunes activated iphone running version 1.1.1 on rogers network in canada.
    thank you
    There is a whole forum for iDemocracy itself:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ght=idemocracy
    To answer your question: YES, but make sure to get the latest version 2.0.2!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-30 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

    shwaa (2007-11-30)

  9. #568
    Question downgrade from 1.1.2
    Hey guys,

    I bought an 1.1.1 from the store a few weeks ago,i activated with itunes, and then upgraded to 1.1.2 My question is can I downgrade it to 1.1.1, jailbreak it and unlock it like a new 1.1.1 out of the box? The phone was never unlocked or jail broken.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  10. #569
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stanila View Post
    Hey guys,

    I bought an 1.1.1 from the store a few weeks ago,i activated with itunes, and then upgraded to 1.1.2 My question is can I downgrade it to 1.1.1, jailbreak it and unlock it like a new 1.1.1 out of the box? The phone was never unlocked or jail broken.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes you can! Simply restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak with *#307#, Add http://i.unlock.no to your sources in Installer, Look for the newly generated Unlocking Tools Folder and choose (brandnew, today released) "The Virginizer" for 04.02.13 (important because this is your baseband version in 1.1.2 and remains even if you downgrade). Restore one more time to 1.1.1 and your iPhone should look like an 1.1.1 OTB! To make sure - on the emergency dial screen dial *3001#12345#* to check your if your baseband got really downgraded! (I am not sure if "The Virginizer" for 04.02.13 also downgrades the baseband) If the baseband version is now 04.01.13 matching Firmware 1.1.1, you are all set! If it is still 04.02.13 after using '"The Virginizer" use the BB Downgrader (1.1.2) what can be found within the same Folder Unlocking Tools and that will do it for sure!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-30 at 07:06 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

    stanila (2007-11-30)

  12. #570
    Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    If the anySIM part fails I would suggest you to virginize your baseband. You also want to make sure that you renamed the anySIM 1.2.1u Folder to anySIM.app (Capitalization matters)! By following the guide exactly you should have Firmware 1.1.1 and Baseband 04.02. when trying to unlock!

    To downgrade your baseband and virginize make sure BSD Subsystem is installed and set your Auto Lock to NEVER than add the Source http://i.unlock.no to your Installer and open the newly generated "Unlocking Tools" Folder in your Installer, within this Folder you will find a BB Downgrader 1.1.2 (that is what you want if you have the 04.02. Baseband) and as well "The Virginizer 04.01" (you want that after the Donwgrader brought you back to 04.01)!
    Done that, restore to 1.1.2 and start all over with the guide, GOOD LUCK!


    Please let me know exactly what you did and where you are? Are you at the final step under 1.1.2 trying to jailbreak? Phase 5, as you mentioned, does not exist!
    xandili, thx...the whole problem was my baseband...I downgraded it and was able to unlock, jailbreak my phone. I now havethe phone working here in Montreal !!! thx again.

  13. #571
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pesttt View Post
    xandili, thx...the whole problem was my baseband...I downgraded it and was able to unlock, jailbreak my phone. I now havethe phone working here in Montreal !!! thx again.
    You're Welcome
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

  14. #572
    successfully jailbreak upgrade v1.1.2 and unlock another phone,

    to all the guys here doing the hard work keep it up and thank you

  15. #573
    Perrrfect... short and easiest solution. I spent entire week searching, reading and following many long tuturals from many forums and threads but none really worked...i wish i found this thread sooner..thanks ReVan, your the man...it really works!!!

  16. #574
    Question Can some one help me?
    sorry for my baaad english language but i have a big problem.
    I unlocked my iphone on the 1.1.1 using anysim 1.1,then I updated it to 1.1.2 and it start to say incorrect sim "*!""*!" i tried to downgrade it t 1.1.1 then 1.0.2 it is worked but it stell say the same thing -incorrect sin- i reverginize it and this make it without any IMEI, wifi and it start to say "your phone will not work with any sim card contact apple", ehen i reflsh it again with 1.0.2, it start to work but stell the IMEI is 00499901064000, i try the steps all 2 times and no hope avery thing will go good but nothing happend.

    what can i do

    thanks for any help

    the version now is 1.0.2
    modem firmware is 03.14.08_G
    thenk you
    Last edited by Sylv; 2007-11-30 at 01:25 PM.

  17. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Yes you can! Simply restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak with *#307#, Add http://i.unlock.no to your sources in Installer, Look for the newly generated Unlocking Tools Folder and choose (brandnew, today released) "The Virginizer" for 04.02.13 (important because this is your baseband version in 1.1.2 and remains even if you downgrade). Restore one more time to 1.1.1 and your iPhone should look like an 1.1.1 OTB! To make sure - on the emergency dial screen dial *3001#12345#* to check your if your baseband got really downgraded! (I am not sure if "The Virginizer" for 04.02.13 also downgrades the baseband) If the baseband version is now 04.01.13 matching Firmware 1.1.1, you are all set! If it is still 04.02.13 after using '"The Virginizer" use the BB Downgrader (1.1.2) what can be found within the same Folder Unlocking Tools and that will do it for sure!
    Thanks a lot my Austrian friend. Hopefully it will work. Don't I have to use Anysim at the end after all the processes you described to actually unlock the phone so that it can be used with any carrier?

  18. #576

  19. #577
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stanila View Post
    Thanks a lot my Austrian friend. Hopefully it will work. Don't I have to use Anysim at the end after all the processes you described to actually unlock the phone so that it can be used with any carrier?
    Yes, if you want to unlock your phone than use anySIM! After reading your previous post I thought you want to get your baby back in a factory unlocked state, that's why I didn't mention the unlocking process and focused on the virginizing part!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv View Post
    sorry for my baaad english language but i have a big problem.
    I unlocked my iphone on the 1.1.1 using anysim 1.1,then I updated it to 1.1.2 and it start to say incorrect sim "*!""*!" i tried to downgrade it t 1.1.1 then 1.0.2 it is worked but it stell say the same thing -incorrect sin- i reverginize it and this make it without any IMEI, wifi and it start to say "your phone will not work with any sim card contact apple", ehen i reflsh it again with 1.0.2, it start to work but stell the IMEI is 00499901064000, i try the steps all 2 times and no hope avery thing will go good but nothing happend.





    what can i do

    thanks for any help

    the version now is 1.0.2
    modem firmware is 03.14.08_G
    thenk you
    If you unlocked your phone using anySIM 1.1 running Firmware 1.1.1 than it can't work!
    Firmware 1.1.2 upgrades your baseband to 04.02.13 - what is not supported by anySIM 1.1!
    If you want to have an unlocked & jailbreaked iPhone running Firmware 1.1.2 than follow ReVan's new guide what can be found here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185
    If you have troubles with the unlocking part you should think about virginizing your baseband. My post #569 http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=569 will support you with the virginizing process! Good Luck!

    P.S.: You also want to check if your bootloader matches! (Pay attention to Phase 1 in ReVan's guide)
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-30 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

  20. #578
    omg

    please somebody helps me...

    i started with fw 1.1.1 unlocked with anysim + jailbreak

    after successfully installing OkToPre + upgrade to 1.1.2 + jealbreak + unlock...i restored my phone again with 1.1.2...

    and i get stuck her..cannot jealbreak it again because it requires OkToPre to be installed...

    pls somebody helps...

  21. #579
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tientoan View Post
    omg

    please somebody helps me...

    i started with fw 1.1.1 unlocked with anysim + jailbreak

    after successfully installing OkToPre + upgrade to 1.1.2 + jealbreak + unlock...i restored my phone again with 1.1.2...

    and i get stuck her..cannot jealbreak it again because it requires OkToPre to be installed...

    pls somebody helps...
    After restoring you wiped your previously done changes, DO NOT RESTORE TO 1.1.2 - DO UPGRADE TO 1.1.2!
    P.S.: Just a stupid question - Why did you restore after you upgraded to 1.1.2 and did all the necessary steps?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-30 at 05:14 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

  22. #580
    i tried to fix international call issue...but i made a big mistake..because that method only should be applied for 1.1.1

    and after uploading the new file into my iphone, my iphone cannot turn into the screen...and i decided to restore it with 1.1.2..

    now i dont know what to do? i know my phone is bricked right?
    is there anyway u can help me?

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •