Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pesttt View Post
    I've been trying to do this since 11:00am this morning and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I've tried following this to a "T" with no luck. I can get everything according to the guide except ANYSIM refuses to work. I'm so tired but I have tried EVERYTHING...EXACTLY how it is explained over 25 times....but still I have no luck....any ideas....anyone? My phone was upgraded to 1.1.2. I've even tried from a guide that tells you to go from 1.0.2 and that crapped out...everytime I reach the ANYSIM part....I've been searching this whole day guy so I appreciate any feedback but please don't ask me to serach the forums...I'm been doing that all day....thx in advance.
    If the anySIM part fails I would suggest you to virginize your baseband. You also want to make sure that you renamed the anySIM 1.2.1u Folder to anySIM.app (Capitalization matters)! By following the guide exactly you should have Firmware 1.1.1 and Baseband 04.02. when trying to unlock!

To downgrade your baseband and virginize make sure BSD Subsystem is installed and set your Auto Lock to NEVER than add the Source http://i.unlock.no to your Installer and open the newly generated "Unlocking Tools" Folder in your Installer, within this Folder you will find a BB Downgrader 1.1.2 (that is what you want if you have the 04.02. Baseband) and as well "The Virginizer 04.01" (you want that after the Donwgrader brought you back to 04.01)!
    Done that, restore to 1.1.2 and start all over with the guide, GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by waksat View Post
    I have done all the phases upto jailbreak on phase 5,after it finished it said to reboot phone then it will reboot itself,all went well but its still at the slide for emergancy screen with the connect to itunes pic.
    What should i do now?
    thanks
    Please let me know exactly what you did and where you are? Are you at the final step under 1.1.2 trying to jailbreak? Phase 5, as you mentioned, does not exist!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-28 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

I am having a nightmare, i started off with a phone that had 1.1.1 on it back in september which i downgraded using ibrickr and unlocked all was good then i followed all guides for weeks and kept my eye on them!

finally on monday i plucked up the courage to do this guide, my baseband said it was the right one mentioned at the top of the guide, so i went for it...

thats were my problems began. followed the guide to the letter and everything was perfect until i came to jailbreak 1.1.2, i had ran Oktoprep as said but when i ran windows.bat i get the message you must run oktoprep and it fails.

So i thought i would start over, and believe me i have tried many times from scratch and now not only does windows.bat fail with the same message i now get anysim telling me that it cannot unlock this phone!

i went back to ibrickr and downgraded back to 1.0.2 and still i cant unlock. i can jailbreak 1.0.2 & 1.1.1 but not unlock!

I have virginized and tried again using idemocracy2 again no can do.

am i screwed to having a 340 8gb ipod or is there a way forward here?

please help i love my iPhone and am starting to regret trying to upgrade, everything was perfect on 1.0.2.

Thanks guys and thanks for all your hard work here..

Richard

@Xandili
    on my last post, i ask you how to upgrade to 1.1.2 and unlock from v1.02 unlock, m sorry my mistake the unit is actually v1.0.2 locked and i will try to upgrade to v1.12 and unlock, hope you could help me out again or post me the step by step quide for doing the process, again thank you so much for the help

Ok i just tried adding the unloc source in installer and thought i would try anysim 1.1 and believe it or not it ran through no problem and said my phone is now unlocked!!!!

But it isn't i have tried 2 o2 sim cards and both say incorrect sim inserted, i am just running it again just in case.... just bombed out saying this phone cannot be unlocked!!!

ArGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Help

I need some advise:
    When I hit the Jailbreak for 1.1.2 the App says that I need to install Okto... before I will update to 1.1.2
    but this is what I did!
    Where is the prob?

Thanks

Please re-read the entire guide as I've re-written removing the need to Downgrade to v1.1.1 for anySIM1.2.1u to work!

Thanks
    I miss the following notice:
    - DO NOT CLICK OR SHIFT-CLICK RESTORE: That will wipe the changes OktoPrep made.

Now it works fine!
    Last edited by iBreak2Gether; 2007-11-28 at 10:27 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricmoo2007 View Post
    Ok i just tried adding the unloc source in installer and thought i would try anysim 1.1 and believe it or not it ran through no problem and said my phone is now unlocked!!!!

But it isn't i have tried 2 o2 sim cards and both say incorrect sim inserted, i am just running it again just in case.... just bombed out saying this phone cannot be unlocked!!!

ArGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Help
    1. in order to unlock 1.1.2 you must use anySIM1.2.1u, no exceptions!!! Using any other version with the 04.02 baseband will more than likely prevent it from functioning at all. You will need to restore the baseband before making any further attempts.
    2. make sure you are doing an update after installing Octoprep not restore otherwise the file Octoprep creates will be removed and jailbreak.jar will report that Octroprep was not run.
    3. if you used the earlier method and downgraded back to 1.1.1 then you could possible have a left over symlink that didn't get removed from the jailbreak process. Look at the summary information for the iPhone in iTunes. Does it report that memory is only 300MB? If so then read this post for a solution http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=24 Not removing this link will cause the 1.1.2 jailbreak to fail.

I think you will need to check for a leftover symlink and remove it (if it's there), virginize the baseband to 04.01 and follow the updated guide for updating to 1.1.2. Remember, do not use "restore" after running Octoprep!!!!

thats were my problems began. followed the guide to the letter and everything was perfect until i came to jailbreak 1.1.2, i had ran Oktoprep as said but when i ran windows.bat i get the message you must run oktoprep and it fails.

So i thought i would start over, and believe me i have tried many times from scratch and now not only does windows.bat fail with the same message i now get anysim telling me that it cannot unlock this phone!
    In general, before embarking on an upgrade it's wise to spend time reading all the various posts (over the last 5 days) in this thread regarding the upgrade; especially if you are new to all of this. All of your questions have been answered 4-5 times already. Also, modding the iPhone is not something that should be done by trial and error. If you are following the instructions carefully and something goes wrong it is most likely your error not the instructions. The best course of action is to virginize, read all the relevant posts and try again with the same instructions!!! Experimenting with different anySim versions or mixing unlock guides when you are not sure what you are doing can easily result in an expensive paperweight.
    Last edited by imode; 2007-11-29 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Awesome. reVan you rock man! Thank you for making this the easiest upgrade ever!
    8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

guys.... i have read a thread here with regards to the " wifi being grayed out" meaning no wifi but the phone is unlock and working, up to now i think they havent found a solution yet, maybe somebody in this thread can help me with this problem,...
    sorry for posting this here..

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    need help ,i downgraded from 112 to 111 but my edge , carrier logo and phone function is gone . thanks for help in advance

Hello everyone, i just read all the pages and when finally i decide upgrade my baby, realease this easy way (what a lucky guy hehe); but however i have a question (another one???, yes sorry), in these new steps i need to rename anySIM 1.2.1u? to anySIM ? from modmyi.com? or just i'll need installer and then run?. Thanks everybody to make this a nice hobbie .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fernansp View Post
    Hello everyone, i just read all the pages and when finally i decide upgrade my baby, realease this easy way (what a lucky guy hehe); but however i have a question (another one???, yes sorry), in these new steps i need to rename anySIM 1.2.1u? to anySIM ? from modmyi.com? or just i'll need installer and then run?. Thanks everybody to make this a nice hobbie .
    You need to rename the Folder to anySIM.app (Capitalization matters) and than copy it into your phone to the /Applications Folder!

Quote Originally Posted by pee777 View Post
    need help ,i downgraded from 112 to 111 but my edge , carrier logo and phone function is gone . thanks for help in advance
    As long as running Firmware 1.1.1 you will not have service with the 04.02. baseband! After you upgrade to 1.1.2 and run anySIM, service will be back!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-29 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Ok thanks for all the help, i had got my phone back to 1.1.1 Jailbroken with all the correct bootloaders etc.. the same as on page 1. following the new guide now, and windows.bat is running for me now . I think the critical thing i did't do before was letting itunes do the upgrade for me, i was allways holding shift and selecting manually.

I will let you know how it goes in about half hour..........

If only i could hold my breaath that long!

Ok, Jailbreak Successful, now watching Anysim do it's thing........

It says succesfully unlocked, went into installer and it told me i had to remove airplane mode to access it, so i did and a popup said incorrect sim!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway i removed Anysim as instructed, will reboot and see what happens....

Nope it says This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM. HELP HELP HELP!!!!

I have just noticed my imea number is wrong it starts 0049, i will search for the answer....

Richard
    Last edited by ricmoo2007; 2007-11-29 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Just updating my progress

THANK YOU again dear REVAN.
    succesfully updated,jailbreaked,unlocked my 1.1.2.

Without wi-fi we cant play this game. and thanks for the hotspot...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok thanks for all the help, i had got my phone back to 1.1.1 Jailbroken with all the correct bootloaders etc.. the same as on page 1. following the new guide now, and windows.bat is running for me now . I think the critical thing i did't do before was letting itunes do the upgrade for me, i was allways holding shift and selecting manually.

I will let you know how it goes in about half hour..........

If only i could hold my breaath that long!

Ok, Jailbreak Successful, now watching Anysim do it's thing........

It says succesfully unlocked, went into installer and it told me i had to remove airplane mode to access it, so i did and a popup said incorrect sim!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway i removed Anysim as instructed, will reboot and see what happens....

Nope it says This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM. HELP HELP HELP!!!!

I have just noticed my imea number is wrong it starts 0049, i will search for the answer....

Richard
    Which SIM are you using? When you run anySIM you need to be using your local SIM, not the AT&T SIM that came with phone.

xandili or anyone, hope you could help, i try the method on page 1, and was successful on almost all phase when it comes to the unlock using anysim, the unlock shows up succesful, but its still unlock,, so i try the whole method again, that what i noticed that from v1.1.1 downgrade to v1.0.2 the error says #1 and not (1013) but i continue with the process, until the updating to 1.1.2, also error but again i continue with the process, and when i reach anysim again , scren says successful, but its still lock,

i will try to start again but hope you guys could guide me again..
    P.S.- after the second try i tot that i wasnt able to rename the anySim.app folder, but i cant get access thru winscp...

where do you guys suggest i start?? rite now i think my phone is v1.1.1, firmware. 4.02,
    and i notice i imei is not correct also -00 499901- m using my local sim

please and thanks

Sorry have the same problem with the above post..

i have successfully downgrade my baseband to 3.14 and virginize using v4xx, but still can update tov1.12?? its shows "unknown error 1064" what should i do nxt????

please anyone...
    Last edited by 714pedro; 2007-11-29 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OK to sort out the IMEI number i revirginized again using all the tips from unlock.no and got myself to jailbroken 1.1.1 and followed the guide again and voila! now on O2 & 1.1.2 and waiting for it to sync..

I have not installed itunes 7.5 though and all seems to be well..

Thanks again for a great guide, i'm a very happy man

Richard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    xandili or anyone, hope you could help, i try the method on page 1, and was successful on almost all phase when it comes to the unlock using anysim, the unlock shows up succesful, but its still unlock,, so i try the whole method again, that what i noticed that from v1.1.1 downgrade to v1.0.2 the error says #1 and not (1013) but i continue with the process, until the updating to 1.1.2, also error but again i continue with the process, and when i reach anysim again , scren says successful, but its still lock,

i will try to start again but hope you guys could guide me again..
    P.S.- after the second try i tot that i wasnt able to rename the anySim.app folder, but i cant get access thru winscp...

where do you guys suggest i start?? rite now i think my phone is v1.1.1, firmware. 4.02,
    and i notice i imei is not correct also -00 499901- m using my local sim

please and thanks

Sorry have the same problem with the above post..

i have successfully downgrade my baseband to 3.14 and virginize using v4xx, but still can update tov1.12?? its shows "unknown error 1064" what should i do nxt????

please anyone...
    I think your problem under 1.1.1 is that you expect to see an unlocked phone still running Firmware 1.1.1 but even if you got the success message after running anySIM you WILL NOT HAVE NETWORK SERVICE! Firmware 1.1.1 will not display the reception bars nor expect any GSM-Services!
    It will be back after you UPGRADE to 1.1.2, that's a promise!
    Please start all over, follow the guide precisely and use OneSIM to reverse the previous changes you made by running anySIM!

AT NO POINT YOU WANT TO USE THE AT&T SIM!

P.S.: If you follow ReVan's updated guide you can run anySIM under Firmware 1.1.2 as long as you put your baby in Airplane Mode!
    All you do while running Firmware 1.1.1 is: Jailbreak and install OktoPrep!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-29 at 05:28 PM.

Default SIM card swap
    After using the newly reduced guide (running anySim once already in 1.1.2) will I be able to swap out the SIM card? For example, if I run anySim on a T-Mobile SIM will I later be able to put in another SIM from another carrier? Can someone try this with a friend's SIM? I just want to know before I run anySim... Perhaps I should wait for the final SIM to do this, but right now I am able to swap SIMs under 1.0.2

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast