Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    OK, i will upgrade right now to 1.1.2, but, should I restore? because im stuck at 1.1.1 activation screen and now iTunes does not tell me that there is a new update for the iPhone. Should I restore then?.

My iPhone is right now with this:

1) Stuck at activation screen
    2) I enter prefs and software is 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    3) Modem firmware is 04.01.13_G

Since i cant update via iTunes, should i make restore method?
    Yes, restore to 1.1.2 (baseband will be changed to 04.02. and remains even if you downgrade to 1.1.1 later) and than start all over!
    Just make sure you upgrade AND DO NOT RESTORE to 1.1.2 later (Phase 4)!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-27 at 04:43 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

My real problem here is that I cannot bypass the activation screen with any method, in any version, only 1.02

Ok, restoring right now ... then i will downgrade to 1.1.1 and will enter prefs, and will tell you what shows the General>about screen
    Last edited by viP4x; 2007-11-27 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

My real problem here is that I cannot bypass the activation screen with any method, in any version, only 1.02

Ok, restoring right now ... then i will downgrade to 1.1.1 and will enter prefs, and will tell you what shows the General>about screen
    If you are in 1.1.1 there is nothing wrong with the activation screen just do the *#307# and you are jailbreaked in a hurry.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Im doing all these process without inserting any sim, its ok?

Thanks

Im doing all these process without inserting any sim, its ok?
    Insert the SIM you are going to use for the unlocking process later on!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-27 at 04:59 PM.

Ok xandili, i have upgraded to 1.1.2, then downgrade to 1.1.1, i press the recovery button from jailbreak.jar, Ii enter prefs and now it shows:

Version: 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    Modem firmware: 04.02.13_G

now, im going to make the *#307#, activate wifi and go to jailbreakme.com ...

Thanks

Ok xandili, i have upgraded to 1.1.2, then downgrade to 1.1.1, i press the recovery button from jailbreak.jar, Ii enter prefs and now it shows:

Version: 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    Modem firmware: 04.02.13_G

now, im going to make the *#307#, activate wifi and go to jailbreakme.com ...
    You are on the right way ...

see? i did it, and nothin happened ... i enter jailbreakme.com, safari crashes, reboot iPhone manual, turn on, and only says "slide for emergency"

Thanks

see? i did it, and nothin happened ... i enter jailbreakme.com, safari crashes, reboot iPhone manual, turn on, and only says "slide for emergency"
    It is supposed to crash and than go back to the Activation screen and reboot. Did you give it some time? It may take a while before it reboots, during this period you are not supposed to touch our iPhone. Try it again, kick it out of recovery mode and give it some time, if it still doesn't work there may be an issue with jailbreakme.com just retry it and be patient, I promise you it will eventually work, I have done it about 20 times and it always worked!

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    It is supposed to crash and than go back to the Activation screen and reboot. Did you give it some time? It may take a while before it reboots during this period you are not supposed to touch our iPhone. Try it again, kick it out of recovery mode and give it some time, if it still doesn,t work there may be an issue with jailbreakme.com just retry it and be patient, I promise you it will eventually work, I have done it about 20 times and it always worked!
    Should I turn the iPhone in DFU mode every time i try this? cause it reboots on activation screen by itself

i need to insert a sim in order to call *#307#, is this normal?
    Last edited by viP4x; 2007-11-27 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Should I turn the iPhone in DFU mode every time i try this? cause it reboots on activation screen by itself

i need to insert a sim in order to call *#307#, is this normal?
    No, this mode is only being used to be able to point within iTunes at a certain Firmware file for downgrading/upgrading/restoring.
    Restore again to 1.1.1 and start over with the SIM inserted. Be patient, as i said the jailbreakme.com process takes a while and do not touch your iPhone during this process.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-27 at 05:27 PM.

I think the problem is this 1.1.1 version, i think this 1.1.1 hasnt the TIFF issue

Ok, now I have a new problem, the iPhone dont restart, it just show the apple icons and nothin happen ... now what?

It gets back :S i had to execute iTunes so it return to the activation screen ... i will restore 1.1.1 again

It worked it worked it worked!!!! just try over and over again with the at&t sim card sinserted . now i will continue with the stps....!!!!
    Last edited by viP4x; 2007-11-27 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think the problem is this 1.1.1 version, i think this 1.1.1 hasnt the TIFF issue

Ok, now I have a new problem, the iPhone dont restart, it just show the apple icons and nothin happen ... now what?

It gets back :S i had to execute iTunes so it return to the activation screen ... i will restore 1.1.1 again

It worked it worked it worked!!!! just try over and over again with the at&t sim card sinserted . now i will continue with the stps....!!!!
    Believe me, there is no need for the AT&T SIM! But I am glad it worked out!
    Please don't forget to change the SIM for the unlocking process!

Should I run anySim with the AT&T sim? it says that I must insert my own sim :S so?

^^ insert your sim like it says. the sim you plan on using with the phone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to m.clizzle For This Useful Post:

viP4x (2007-11-27)

Thanks

Should I run anySim with the AT&T sim? it says that I must insert my own sim :S so?
    Meaning the SIM you want to use your phone with. At no point in this guide you need your AT&T SIM, I haven't use mine since I purchased my phone on June 29th! Believe me it works and the AT&T SIM is NOT NECESSARY!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

viP4x (2007-11-27)

hahahahahaha, its done!!!! thanks GOD and all you!!!! keep the good work guys!

Now, where is the thanks button? can i click it more than once? jajajaja

Thxs again!!!

My experience:
    I've started with initially unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone that I'd upgraded to 1.1.1 by virginizing.
    So my starting point was unlocked 1.1.1 device by anySim 1.1.

I'd like to notice that I had to virginize my 1.0.2 phone and only after that I could jailbreake through the jailbreakme.com

So the steps were:
    1. Restore to 1.1.2
    2. Downgrade to 1.1.1 - (kick out the DFU mode by jailbreak 1.1.2) unsucessful jailbreake throught the jaibreakme.com - expected
    3. Downgrade to 1.0.2 - (kick out the DFU mode my AppTapInstaller)

WiFi not funcioning so I could only copy stuff to the device and run it there.
    4. Installing MobileTerminal by winstaller
    5. Installing BSD subsystem manually copying files by iBrickr (WiFi didn't work)
    6. Downgrade baseband from 04.02.13_G to 03.14.08_G using rbb2 virginizer pack, the one that mentioned in downgrade tutorial at this site didnt work.
    7. Upgrading directly to 1.1.2
    8. Downgrading back to 1.1.1 - (kiking DFU mode by jailbreak 1.1.2)
    9. Configuring Wifi and jailbreaking by jailbreakme.com - as expected after virginizing it worked
    10. Installing anySim 1.1.2u througt Installer and unlocking the phone
    11. Installing and running OktoPrep
    12. UPDATING to 1.1.2 firmware
    13. Jailbreaking by 1.1.2
    14. Installing and running iWord

Of course I didn't mention the exact steps and weird things. They all well described in many tutorials over the net.
    What I wanted to highlight as my experience:
    I found that by all means to jailbreak 1.1.1 through the jailbreakme.com nessesery to virginize the phone. And if you seem to have the starting point as mine do that before upgrading to 1.1.2 and getting back to 1.1.1 to avoid troubles manually installing BSD subsystem that took me most of time.

So I can say that it works. Guys did good job creating all that soft.
    Good luck.

I have done all the phases upto jailbreak on phase 5,after it finished it said to reboot phone then it will reboot itself,all went well but its still at the slide for emergancy screen with the connect to itunes pic.
    What should i do now?
    thanks

I've been trying to do this since 11:00am this morning and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I've tried following this to a "T" with no luck. I can get everything according to the guide except ANYSIM refuses to work. I'm so tired but I have tried EVERYTHING...EXACTLY how it is explained over 25 times....but still I have no luck....any ideas....anyone? My phone was upgraded to 1.1.2. I've even tried from a guide that tells you to go from 1.0.2 and that crapped out...everytime I reach the ANYSIM part....I've been searching this whole day guy so I appreciate any feedback but please don't ask me to serach the forums...I'm been doing that all day....thx in advance.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast