Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Croatian View Post
    Hi there

I am lil confused by all this

Is there an easy way to upgrade to 1.1.2
    i already have 1.1.1 that i upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

and the guide above talks about restore the iphone and upgrading downgrading and what not

i am just looking for an easy, simple way to upgrade my 1.1.1 phone to 1.1.2

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yah we're moving to a new server. Also, we will have our 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 guide up tonight, hopefully. I have taken all the screenshots, just need to upload and explain, etc.
    Have you seen this? http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...&postcount=554 Tried this on a couple of iPhones and it seems to work. Basically one can run AnySim without crashing on 1.1.2 if it's in Airplane Mode. Therefore no need to do the upgrade->downgrade->upgrade saving heaps of time.
    Last edited by imode; 2007-11-27 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    Man, google911, can u help me, after install appsnap the iphone keep showing activation screen, i already reboot ... txhs in advance

Man, google911, can u help me, after install appsnap the iphone keep showing activation screen, i already reboot ... txhs in advance

Once you've installed appsnapp from "jailbreakme.com" through the wifi connection, the phone will automatically reboot itself. It usually takes about 15-20 seconds

Do you need the AT&T sim card? Can't find mine at the moment.

Smile Airplane Mode
    Wow! I said I was going to wait for a unified solution yesterday. I didnít know my wait was going to be only one day! Today oktoprep is working and there is no need to upgrade / downgrade / upgrade. Follow these instructions from www.hackint0sh.org. They worked for me from unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.

1. Run Octoprep
    2. Update to 1.1.2
    3. Jailbreak
    4. Put the iPhone in Airplane Mode
    5. Run AnySIM1.2.1u
    6. If outside US, run iWorld

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsuius For This Useful Post:

dhan84 (2007-11-27)

hey VIP,
    easy just run iphuc and type those commands outlined on the guide and you'll bypass the activation screen.

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Before you can run iNdependence for the first time, you must do the following:

1) Copy iNdependence to your hard drive somewhere (the Applications folder would be a good place)
    2) Run the "iNdependence MobDev Tool" application. If it reports that you have the correct version of iTunes installed, then you simply need to choose the location where you installed iNdependence on your computer and you are done (skip the remaining steps).
    3) If it reports that you do not have the correct version of iTunes installed, then you'll need to find the version of the MobileDevice framework that was installed with iTunes 7.4.2 and put it somewhere on your computer. Something useful might be at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/68410680...ework.zip.html

4) Once you have that, choose the location of the MobileDevice.framework folder using the first file chooser.
    5) If that works, then choose the location where you installed iNdependence on your computer using the second file chooser.
    6) At this point you should see a success message.

If you do not successfully do this, then iNdependence will not run (it will show up in the dock quickly and then disappear). After you are done, then iNdependence will run without problems no matter what version of iTunes you upgrade to. You only need to do this once.
    Your link doesnt work anymore i think.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dams1707 View Post
    Your link doesnt work anymore i think.
    Send me your email address and I will provide you with the file!
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuius View Post
    Wow! I said I was going to wait for a unified solution yesterday. I didnít know my wait was going to be only one day! Today oktoprep is working and there is no need to upgrade / downgrade / upgrade. Follow these instructions from www.hackint0sh.org. They worked for me from unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.

1. Run Octoprep
    2. Update to 1.1.2
    3. Jailbreak
    4. Put the iPhone in Airplane Mode
    5. Run AnySIM1.2.1u
    6. If outside US, run iWorld
    This method is confirmed and worked for my 100%. By far the easiest jailbreak/unlock for me so far. Now everything's working on 1.1.2 coming from an unlocked 1.1.1 running Leopard. LOVE IT!

New 1.1.2 OOTB, downgraded to 1.1.1, can't connect to wifi.....!!!!

Has this been documented anywhere and is there a way around it? I'm just trying to jailbreak a 1.1.2 (downgraded to 1.1.1) phone so the ipod etc can be used. I've tried everything. I've even tried downgrading to 1.02 and I still can't connect to my wifi (It works fine on my other phone and laptop, and has no security).

I've added prefs://1f and it can see my wireless connection, but when I try and join it just says it can't.

Can anyone help me jailbreak this phone?

Thanks guys, hoping you can save the day

Simon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
    New 1.1.2 OOTB, downgraded to 1.1.1, can't connect to wifi.....!!!!

Has this been documented anywhere and is there a way around it? I'm just trying to jailbreak a 1.1.2 (downgraded to 1.1.1) phone so the ipod etc can be used. I've tried everything. I've even tried downgrading to 1.02 and I still can't connect to my wifi (It works fine on my other phone and laptop, and has no security).

I've added prefs://1f and it can see my wireless connection, but when I try and join it just says it can't.

Can anyone help me jailbreak this phone?

Thanks guys, hoping you can save the day

Simon
    Have you checked out this Site about the Status/News ? http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns&pli=1
    If you are on a Gates Device use ID2 and make sure you got the 2.0.2 updated version to jailbreak your baby with the new bootloader 04.06. As of right now, no way to unlock but the community is working hard and I am sure it will not take long ...
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-27 at 08:39 AM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Xandili,
    You are a very helpful guy! Keep up the good work!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by google911mysteries View Post
    Xandili,
    You are a very helpful guy! Keep up the good work!
    That's the whole purpose of this Site: "TO HELP EACH OTHER"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

da0ne83 (2007-11-27)

I have a weird problem that I can't find the answer to on any forums... When I downgrade to 1.1.1 and after I get the 1015 error, and I use jailbreak.jar, I click the "Boot from Recovery" option, it says "rebooting..
    Sending commands... "

and gets a third of the way through and doesnt do a damn thing. My Iphone is still stuck in the Itunes connect screen thing..

Any help?
    Last edited by cksrt; 2007-11-27 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cksrt View Post
    I have a weird problem that I can't find the answer to on any forums... When I downgrade to 1.1.1 and after I get the 1015 error, and I use jailbreak.jar, I click the "Boot from Recovery" option, it says "rebooting..
    Sending commands... "

and gets a third of the way through and doesnt do a damn thing. My Iphone is still stuck in the Itunes connect screen thing..

Any help?
    That sometimes happens, don't worry, restore again to 1.1.1 and it will work! You can try using iNdepedence as well just to kick you out of recovery mode!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-27 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by google911mysteries View Post
    hey VIP,
    easy just run iphuc and type those commands outlined on the guide and you'll bypass the activation screen.
    What commands do you mean? i dont see they even use iphuc in this guide!

Can you plz, write the commands here? or give detailed instructions may be?

Im really frustated... I have downgraded to 1.02 with modem 03.x, then revirginize, then upgrade to 1.1.1 and try the jailbreakme.com method and it does not work anymore. I guess i will upgrade again to 1.1.2 and try to run these commands. Thxs in advance man. I would really appreciate your help

thanks to revan's guide and xandili for suggesting to reviginize im on 1.1.2 unlocked

first i downgrade to 1.0.2 then reviginize to 3.14.08 baseband then upgraded to 1.1.2 then followed revan's guide and 2 hours later im sitting here with my unlocked 1.1.2 thanks guys keep up the good work

Thanks

What commands do you mean? i dont see they even use iphuc in this guide!

Can you plz, write the commands here? or give detailed instructions may be?

Im really frustated... I have downgraded to 1.02 with modem 03.x, then revirginize, then upgrade to 1.1.1 and try the jailbreakme.com method and it does not work anymore. I guess i will upgrade again to 1.1.2 and try to run these commands. Thxs in advance man. I would really appreciate your help
    There is no need for iPhuc any longer. You can use the new jailbreak 1.1.2 to kick you out of recovery mode running Firmware 1.1.1, just press the "Boot from Recovery" button and go from there ... (If it shouldn't work, simply restore one more time to 1.1.1 and try again)!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-27 at 03:57 PM.

There is no need for iPhuc any longer. You can use the new jailbreak 1.1.2 to kick you out of recovery mode running Firmware 1.1.1, just press the "Boot from Recovery" button and go from there ... (If it shouldn't work, simply restore one more time to 1.1.1 and try again)!
    Hi xandili, my iPhone its not in recovery mode, im stuck at activation screen 1.1.1, i tried the jailbreakme.com method and nothing happened. Any help? I have not upgrade to 1.1.2 yet

Thanks

Hi xandili, my iPhone its not in recovery mode, im stuck at activation screen 1.1.1, i tried the jailbreakme.com method and nothing happened. Any help? I have not upgrade to 1.1.2 yet
    O.K., since you downgraded your baseband and virginized earlier did you go back to 1.1.2 to get baseband 04.02. again? If NO than do so now, If YES than simply restore to 1.1.1 again and start all over with the guide. Before you start with the guide make sure you are running 1.1.1 with baseband 04.02. to be able to run anySIM under 1.1.1 (There is also a way to run anySIM under 1.1.2 in Airplane Mode but I don't want to confuse you)!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-27 at 04:35 PM.

O.K., since you downgraded your baseband and virginized did you go back to 1.1.2 to get baseband 04.02. again? If NO than do so now, If YES than simply restore to 1.1.1 again and start all over with the guide. Before you start with the guide make sure you are running 1.1.1 with baseband 04.02. to be able to run anySIM under 1.1.1 (There is also a way to run anySIM under 1.1.2 in Airplane Mode but I don't want to confuse you)
    OK, i will upgrade right now to 1.1.2, but, should I restore? because im stuck at 1.1.1 activation screen and now iTunes does not tell me that there is a new update for the iPhone. Should I restore then?.

My iPhone is right now with this:

1) Stuck at activation screen
    2) I enter prefs and software is 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    3) Modem firmware is 04.01.13_G

Since i cant update via iTunes, should i make restore method?

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast