Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkanders View Post
    yes, but can you confirm that the only file is manipulates is the disk file? Or does it also change/add other files?
    As far as I know only the disk file but I wouldn't bet my iPhone on this, remember the manually way with iPhuc? I did the manually way too with getfile etc. before "OktoPrep" was released and it does only manipulate the disk file!

Quote Originally Posted by dams1707 View Post
    thank you xandili, but i still cant figure out how to do that.
    i installed correctly independence in my application folder, then clicked on it, it said this Detected installed iTunes version is 7.4.2
    This version can be used with iNdependence, however, an incorrect version of the MobileDevice framework was found with it.

Please choose the location of the version of the MobileDevice framework which was installed with iTunes 7.4.2 to copy into iNdependence".

but then i dont know what to do, i mean i clicked on OK and then i tried to select the folder where i installed INdependence (application folder) but it doesnt do anything.

im desperate! but thanks anyway!
    In my previous post you can find a link to a rapidshare site, follow it and download the framework pack. Now point with the iNdependence MobDev Tool (NOT WITH THE INDEPENDENCE APPLICATION) to the location where your framework folder you previously donwloaded is stored and restart iNdependence.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-26 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkanders View Post
    yes, but can you confirm that the only file is manipulates is the disk file? Or does it also change/add other files?
    I think the problem is not with Oktoprep per se but with the symlink that gets created during the 1.1.1 jail break process. There is link between /var/root/Media -> / that is not getting deleted after the jailbreak.

This remaining link causes 2 problems that I can detect.

1. iTunes reports a size of only 300mb. This is because the media directory now points to the root partition which is formatted for 300mb.

2. This will cause Oktoprep to fail since the special "disk" device file that is created in /var/root/Media actually gets created in / which is bad (since Media is a link to /). That means that the file gets wiped during the upgrade to 1.1.2 which is why jailbreak.jar (windows.bat) reports that Oktoprep wasn't done.

Do the following to remove the link:

1. ssh (or putty) into the iPhone
    2. ls -l /var/root/Media
    3. if it returns Media -> / then do the following:
    a. rm /var/root/Media
    b. mv /var/root/Media.old /var/root/Media

Next redo the Oktoprep, the update to 1.1.2, the 1.1.2 jailbreak
    Last edited by imode; 2007-11-26 at 10:50 AM.

I was able to get out of my error 1604 by uninstalling my iTunes 7.5 and reinstalling 7.4.2. After doing this, I was able to downgrade back to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2. I went through the whole guide again (5th times a charm) and got oktoprep to install properly I believe (I forgot to pay attention to it) and at the end jailbreak 1.2 said again something about need oktoprep for jailbreak to work. arghhh... I'm going through the process again but am trying the steps imode outlined on step #482. Will report.

imode, in your posting #482, when exactly do you do those steps after jailbreaking 1.1.1 I presume AND before upgrading to 1.1.2?
    Last edited by google911mysteries; 2007-11-26 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Main guide has been updated with the following:
    Phase 3 :: Downgrade back to 1.1.1
    • Downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware. You need to put the iPhone into DFU mode again. The restore should, go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.
    • Download the jailbreak1.1.2 devteam software and run the jailbreak.jar file. Press "Boot from Recovery" to come back on the Activation screen. Keep it running until you have jailbroken and installed Okoprep as mentioned below.

I will try out the new steps posted above by revan.

Hey, does anyone have this happen to you? I always get this. After you downgrade or upgrade, iphone immediately says phone is activated. Or it takes you to the activation page and then says phone is activated or is activating. Anyone else get this? Does this ruin the steps outlined in the guide at all?

Hey Revan,
    How or where do you run that jailbreak.jar file? I tried running it on my pc (Vista) says "Can't open file."
    Last edited by google911mysteries; 2007-11-26 at 12:10 PM.

My problem solved. The jailbreak on 1.1.1 fubar'ed the partitions on the iphone - hiding the private part - thus the phone only had 300Mb..

Redid the guide (but this time on a mac with independence) - works like a charm

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by google911mysteries View Post
    How or where do you run that jailbreak.jar file? I tried running it on my pc (Vista) says "Can't open file."
    either run windows.bat or java -jar jailbreak.jar (which is what windows.bat does)
    Last edited by imode; 2007-11-26 at 02:35 PM.

google911, the .jar file is or Mac users only
    ---------------------------------------------

Revan, I have 1.1.1 unlocked iPhone (it was 1.02 and i made the upgrade via iTunes) with baseband 04.01.13_G, I cant get to know my bootloader version, but I think it will upgrade to 1.1.2 anyway. So, my question is:

Before commencing the process, I would like to know if Venezuela is available to select in iWorld, i mean, Im venezuelan, so if Venezuela is not listed in iWorld application cant i upgrade then?

Thanks in advance

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    Actually, this is not correct. The jar file is for both windows and mac

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    ---------------------------------------------

Revan, I have 1.1.1 unlocked iPhone (it was 1.02 and i made the upgrade via iTunes) with baseband 04.01.13_G, I cant get to know my bootloader version, but I think it will upgrade to 1.1.2 anyway. So, my question is:

Before commencing the process, I would like to know if Venezuela is available to select in iWorld, i mean, Im venezuelan, so if Venezuela is not listed in iWorld application cant i upgrade then?

Thanks in advance
    Don't worry since your phone was 1.0.2 you will not have the new bootloader. To make sure just follow Step 1 in the guide and you'll know. Just go for the update and I have good news for you, Venezuela is supported by iWorld.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-26 at 07:57 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Ok, Im updating right now, i have a problem, when I install appsnap application, it return to the activation screen, i reboot my iPhone, but now it doesnt say slide for unlock, it keep saying slide for emergency, can you help me plz? im stuck

All,

Over on ultimate guide they have found that you dont have to downgrade to 1.1.1 to anysim the new baseband. They found by running oktoprep on your existing 1.1.1, then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it with the new java jailbreak for 1.1.2

Then simply install anysim for the new baseband and simply put the phone into airplane mode and it WILL unlock the baseband.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...=15567&page=56

Certainly anyone trying to upgrade to 1.1.2 its worth a try as you save two flashes for no reason.

Default 1.1.2 unlocked
    so i got every thing working but...(1.1.2 unlocked working with at&t)
    what should i do so i can use t-mobile sim(u.s)?
    thanx
    btw i used anysim 1.2.1u to get oktoprep working befor upgrading to 1.1.2

GUYS, FINALLY SUCCESS!!! haha.. phew!

After so many attempts, finally did it! The mistakes were mostly human (my) error. Ok, in the beginning, it was oktoprep fault. It had problem installing. It always go to the home page after it download. It never got installed. But after the problem was fixed, this is where my error comes in and the error was instead of UPDATING to 1.1.2, I kept RESTORING!!!!! Ahhhhhhh... It was so frustrating. I kept wondering why doesn't it work??? When I realized at 3 am that I was suppose to UPDATE rather than RESTORE, i nearly throw myself out the window! The windows.bat worked and my phone finally unlocked on fw 1.1.2. (collapsed on floor). I tried over 3 days and I'm so happy now. Thanks imode, xandili, pk, the awesome awesome dev team and of course revan for putting this guide together!!!!

Hey ReVan, I was wondering to help others out that might make the same mistakes that I have over and over again, maybe you could stress more or something at the end of the guide to UPDATE and NOT hit the RESTORE like we are so used to doing during the whole process. Just a suggestion that could relieve some stress and frustrations for some poor stuck souls.

After going through it so many times, i feel like I can write a FAQ on this process. ; )

Thanks again guys and keep up the excellent work!!!!!
    Last edited by google911mysteries; 2007-11-26 at 09:56 PM.

Man, google911, can u help me, after install appsnap the iphone keep showing activation screen, i already reboot ... txhs in advance

In case people want pictures, http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...k_windows.html
    is what I used when modmyi was down.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yah we're moving to a new server. Also, we will have our 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 guide up tonight, hopefully. I have taken all the screenshots, just need to upload and explain, etc.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I cant jailbreak the 1.1.2

I get it all installed okay and I run the windows.bat

It finishes in about 20 minutes time.

I then reboot the phone as it says and indeed yes it then reboots itself after this automatically as it says.

However its still not activated!

Any idea's?
    Last edited by 105547111; 2007-11-26 at 10:22 PM.

Man, google911, can u help me, after install appsnap the iphone keep showing activation screen, i already reboot ... txhs in advance

Last edited by viP4x; 2007-11-26 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi there

I am lil confused by all this

Is there an easy way to upgrade to 1.1.2
    i already have 1.1.1 that i upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

and the guide above talks about restore the iphone and upgrading downgrading and what not

i am just looking for an easy, simple way to upgrade my 1.1.1 phone to 1.1.2

thank you

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast