Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

imode and xandili,
    I want to try the steps you've outlined but I can't even get there now for one problem. I now get a 1604 error message when I tried downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. I have always been successful at downgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 before. This is the first time I am getting this message. I wonder if manually typing that mknod command affected it. And the funny thing after I get that 1604 error message is that the phone didn't even get downgraded to 1.1.1 nor did the data get wiped out. It was like I didn't even do a restore. When I went back to the phone I still see the phone is still on 1.1.2 with baseband at 04.02.13_G. I tried this like 3 more times and the iphone still didn't get restored or wiped out. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by google911mysteries; 2007-11-25 at 09:33 PM.

Ok, seems like I'm having the same issues as a lot of others are having with oktoprep.. installer doesn't install it properly..

Now I just have to swear at jailbreakme.com a few times before it successfully jailbreaks it again - then I'll install the mknod file manually, and run it manually. oktoprep seems to have an issue with 4GB phones..

Now I just need to get jailbreakme.com working.. (EDIT: when going back to the emergency screen, the wifi indicator goes grey - does it disable wifi then?)

That's it - I'm done with 1.1.2.. Now I ran the oktoprep manually
    (/sbin/mknod /private/var/root/Media/disk c 14 1

chmod 777 /private/var/root/Media/disk),

and it (windows.bat) STILL complains about me not having run oktoprep BEFORE the update..

How can I downgrade the baseband to 04.01? Restoring the 1.1.1 firmware doesn't seem to do it.
    Last edited by pkanders; 2007-11-25 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is starting to annoy me.
    Yesterday i was trying to jailbreak a phone using jailbreakme.com. It wouldnt work. Set it aside. Came back earlier today. Recovered and went to jailbreakme.com. worked on the first try...
    So I decide to upgrade mine from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.
    I do all the steps to revirginize and get to the point where i have to install appsnap. Ive been trying for a good 3 hours now and no luck. Boots me to activate phone screen and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizeup View Post
    This is starting to annoy me.
    Yesterday i was trying to jailbreak a phone using jailbreakme.com. It wouldnt work. Set it aside. Came back earlier today. Recovered and went to jailbreakme.com. worked on the first try...
    So I decide to upgrade mine from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.
    I do all the steps to revirginize and get to the point where i have to install appsnap. Ive been trying for a good 3 hours now and no luck. Boots me to activate phone screen and nothing.
    Try this - jailbreak.toc2rta.com - worked for me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

In the step before you run windows.bat (after the 1.1.2 upgrade) did you kill (close) iTunes? iTunes must not be running for the jailbreak.jar (1.1.2 jailbreak) to work. Otherwise, I think it won't be able to attach to the iPhone and erroneously reports that Octoprep was not run.

Again, kill the iTunes process after the update of 1.1.2 and before running windows.bat (or jailbreak.jar)

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    In the step before you run windows.bat (after the 1.1.2 upgrade) did you kill (close) iTunes? iTunes must not be running for the jailbreak.jar (1.1.2 jailbreak) to work. Otherwise, I think it won't be able to attach to the iPhone and erroneously reports that Octoprep was not run.

Again, kill the iTunes process after the update of 1.1.2 and before running windows.bat (or jailbreak.jar)
    Yes did that - i closed iTunes just when it says wait 15 seconds and the iPhone starts up. Should I let it connect to iTunes again before I close iTunes down?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkanders View Post
    Ok, seems like I'm having the same issues as a lot of others are having with oktoprep.. installer doesn't install it properly..

That's it - I'm done with 1.1.2.. Now I ran the oktoprep manually
    (/sbin/mknod /private/var/root/Media/disk c 14 1

chmod 777 /private/var/root/Media/disk),

and it (windows.bat) STILL complains about me not having run oktoprep BEFORE the update..
    Make certain you close iTunes before running windows.bat!

Yes did that - i closed iTunes just when it says wait 15 seconds and the iPhone starts up. Should I let it connect to iTunes again before I close iTunes down?
    Don't think it matters. When you get the "Welcome to your new iPhone" screen in iTunes, eject the iPhone (hit the eject icon, don't unplug) and close iTunes. Also make sure the iTuneshelper isn't running either. Leave the iPhone tethered to the PC... i.e. don't disconnect the cable
    Last edited by imode; 2007-11-25 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Make certain you close iTunes before running windows.bat!
    Yup did that.

Don't think it matters. When you get the "Welcome to your new iPhone" screen in iTunes, eject the iPhone (hit the eject icon, don't unplug) and close iTunes. Also make sure the iTuneshelper isn't running either. Leave the iPhone tethered to the PC... i.e. don't disconnect the cable
    Ahh I closed iTunes before the "welcome to blabla." I disconnected just after the last "reboot" once the firmware has been uploaded to the iPhone. Just when iTunes says something about "wait 15 seconds - this dialog will disappear"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yup did that.

Ahh I closed iTunes before the "welcome to blabla." I disconnected just after the last "reboot" once the firmware has been uploaded to the iPhone. Just when iTunes says something about "wait 15 seconds - this dialog will disappear"
    By "disconnect" do you mean you physically unplugged the cable from the iPhone or simply ejected it? If so, then that's why windows.bat won't connect to your iPhone. In order for the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work, the iPhone has to be physically attached to the PC (i.e. doesn't work over wifi) and both itunes and itunes helper need to not be running prior to starting windows.bat. Also, I left you a private message.

By "disconnect" do you mean you physically unplugged the cable from the iPhone or simply ejected it? If so, then that's why windows.bat won't connect to your iPhone. In order for the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work, the iPhone has to be physically attached to the PC (i.e. doesn't work over wifi) and both itunes and itunes helper need to not be running prior to starting windows.bat. Also, I left you a private message.
    Comon I'm not that stupid.. Offcourse it's attached by the USB cable..

Just tried again, oktoprep succeeded in install.app - but the same output. windows.bat complaints about oktoprep not being run before.. bollocks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuius View Post
    Between oktoprep not working and jailbreakme.com going down I decided to go back to 1.1.1 and it is working OK unlocked. (By the way jailbreakme.com is working now.)

I think there are too many variables here with different pieces relying on different websites / servers. I will wait for a more unified solution before upgrading to unlocked 1.1.2.
    Sound advice. If one cannot succeed after 2 or 3 tries then it is best to revirginize, follow the 1.1.1 unlock/jailbreak guide and stay at 1.1.1 until things settle down.

I doubt there will be a better solution. The instructions ReVan provided are the easiest I've found so far and they do work. The reason why there are so many variables is that with each successive firmware update it'll become harder to jailbreak and thus there will be more steps.

Seems some people are getting tripped up at the 1.1.2 jailbreak stage (windows.bat) because they are not familiar with how JAVA behaves. Need to check that java is the correct version. At a command window (on a PC) type:

C> java -version

You should see:

java version "1.6.0_03"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
    Last edited by imode; 2007-11-26 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys, I tried it myself and it seems as "OktoPrep" is back working as of now, Nov. 26th @ 1:15 a.m. ET.
    Keep on trying, sooner or later you will succeed, I promise! There was definitely an issue with "OktoPrep"!
    For a friend of mine I went one more time through the whole process and it worked just fine!
    If I could just get my hands on a factory unlocked iPhone for Euro 999 .....
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-26 at 07:25 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

i need help!!
    i dont get what that means: " If you are using iTunes 7.5 you will have to get a MobileDevice from a
    previousv version in order to run Independence".

my case: runing on a mac with a 1.1.2 iphone. i would like to go back to 1.1.1 or even an earlier version.
    can anyone explain me step by step how to do that, cause it seems im a bit too much retarded for that kind of thing!
    thanks thanks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dams1707 View Post
    i need help!!
    i dont get what that means: " If you are using iTunes 7.5 you will have to get a MobileDevice from a
    previousv version in order to run Independence".

my case: runing on a mac with a 1.1.2 iphone. i would like to go back to 1.1.1 or even an earlier version.
    can anyone explain me step by step how to do that, cause it seems im a bit too much retarded for that kind of thing!
    thanks thanks!!
    Before you can run iNdependence for the first time, you must do the following:

1) Copy iNdependence to your hard drive somewhere (the Applications folder would be a good place)
    2) Run the "iNdependence MobDev Tool" application. If it reports that you have the correct version of iTunes installed, then you simply need to choose the location where you installed iNdependence on your computer and you are done (skip the remaining steps).
    3) If it reports that you do not have the correct version of iTunes installed, then you'll need to find the version of the MobileDevice framework that was installed with iTunes 7.4.2 and put it somewhere on your computer. Something useful might be at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/68410680...ework.zip.html

4) Once you have that, choose the location of the MobileDevice.framework folder using the first file chooser.
    5) If that works, then choose the location where you installed iNdependence on your computer using the second file chooser.
    6) At this point you should see a success message.

If you do not successfully do this, then iNdependence will not run (it will show up in the dock quickly and then disappear). After you are done, then iNdependence will run without problems no matter what version of iTunes you upgrade to. You only need to do this once.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-26 at 07:52 AM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

zlav14 (2008-01-23)

I have a question. After I get to the final step to update back to 1.1.2 the Update Button seems to be grayed out. Did I do something wrong?

By running OKtoPrep what steps do I need to do ? Or is it just a simple install app.

Sorry if these are amature questions but I have been stuck on this all day.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rxkevin For This Useful Post:

zlav14 (2008-01-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rxkevin View Post
    I have a question. After I get to the final step to update back to 1.1.2 the Update Button seems to be grayed out. Did I do something wrong?

By running OKtoPrep what steps do I need to do ? Or is it just a simple install app.

Sorry if these are amature questions but I have been stuck on this all day.
    OktoPrep is just a simple installer application, just wait until you get the success message ready for upgrade to 1.1.2 and go for it, since the update button is not available you seem to be in restore mode. Start all over and follow the guide exactly.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-26 at 08:06 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

zlav14 (2008-01-23)

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Guys, I tried it myself and it seems as "OktoPrep" is back working as of now, Nov. 26th @ 1:15 a.m. ET.
    Keep on trying, sooner or later you will succeed, I promise! There was definitely an issue with "OktoPrep"!
    For a friend of mine I went one more time through the whole process and it worked just fine!
    If I could just get my hands on a factory unlocked iPhone for Euro 999 .....

Yes I got oktoprep to work from the installer yesterday, but same result with jailbreak 1.1.2 Can you confirm that all oktoprep does is create the disk file in Media?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pkanders For This Useful Post:

zlav14 (2008-01-23)

Thanks

Yes I got oktoprep to work from the installer yesterday, but same result with jailbreak 1.1.2 Can you confirm that all oktoprep does is create the disk file in Media?
    Yes, kind of ... "OktoPrep" is an Application which will modify files unaltered by the 1.1.2 firmware, preparing your iPhone to be unlocked with Touchfree after the UPDATE!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-26 at 08:39 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

zlav14 (2008-01-23)

yes, but can you confirm that the only file is manipulates is the disk file? Or does it also change/add other files?

thank you xandili, but i still cant figure out how to do that.
    i installed correctly independence in my application folder, then clicked on it, it said this Detected installed iTunes version is 7.4.2
    This version can be used with iNdependence, however, an incorrect version of the MobileDevice framework was found with it.

Please choose the location of the version of the MobileDevice framework which was installed with iTunes 7.4.2 to copy into iNdependence".

but then i dont know what to do, i mean i clicked on OK and then i tried to select the folder where i installed INdependence (application folder) but it doesnt do anything.

im desperate! but thanks anyway!

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast