Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkanders View Post
    Ok, I messed up..

But what do I do now to get on? I just started from the beginning again, but jailbreakme wont work properly.. it crashes safari, then pops back to "emergency call" - then nothing.. Do I need to virginize it before I can follow the guide again?
    You only need to virginize if you did not get a success message after running anySIM 1.2.1u!
    It seems as the jailbreakme.com Site is offline right now, be patient and try a little later to start all over with the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool11 View Post
    I'm having the Exact same issue.. here's the thing

i bought this iPhone 2 days ago, it was 1.1.1, i downgraded 1.0.2, after that, i found out about jailbreakme.com and i updated again to 1.1.1, everything fine.. then, i found out about this 1.1.2 update, and i tried, and now i'm stuck.. i can't do anything, is jailbreakme.com server down or something? because i already tried like... 10 times to download the file and still not working.. i followed the steps one by one... i already flashed mi iPhone like... 10 times (i'm not exagerating) from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and to 1.0.2, still not working... from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 and to 1.1.1, still no luck... again 1.1.2 to 1.1.1... and still no luck... i'm getting a little bit frustrated... so, can anyone help me out? thanks
    Please let me know if you succeeded!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    You only need to virginize if you did not get a success message after running anySIM 1.2.1u!
    It seems as the jailbreakme.com Site is offline right now, be patient and try a little later to start all over with the guide.

Please let me know if you succeeded!
    I can (from my computer) download both the y.tiff and the payload2.bin.. On the iPhone I get the y.tiff just fine - but it seems like the payload2.bin is never downloaded..

Well, at this moment i'm @ work, i work @ Xbox Customer Support, and today is going to be a rough day, and i don't have my iPhone to view videos in youtube, i have to stick with my Nokia 3250... that's Sad!!!! , but as soon as i get back to my house, i'll try again...

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, at this moment i'm @ work, i work @ Xbox Customer Support, and today is going to be a rough day, and i don't have my iPhone to view videos in youtube, i have to stick with my Nokia 3250... that's Sad!!!! , but as soon as i get back to my house, i'll try again...
    Shouldn't you be productive at work and helping out this poor x-box people instead of playing around with your black and silver baby aka iPhone? Just kidding, Good Luck later ...
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 06:04 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

We should start a completely separate thread to discuss x-box "customer support" - oh man, don't get me started. We're on our 3rd 360 in less than a year now.

That said, I am sure you are one of the good ones.. no offense intended.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Actually... i'm the good one hehe... because i heard that the people from phillipines they don't speak english very well.... and this is funny because when i talk with the Customers they usually ask me if i'm the one in the phillipines teaching them english...

and do u know why i'm the good one?... because i use MAC hehehe LoL

ARGH my iPhone is FUBAR..

Power it off and back on again - goes directly into DFU mode..

I guess it's running the new baseband, but firmware 1.1.1 - how can I downgrade the baseband?

jailbreakme.com will not download the payload2.bin - it just crashes with the TIFF file, but never starting to download the payload

ARGH my iPhone is FUBAR..

Power it off and back on again - goes directly into DFU mode..

I guess it's running the new baseband, but firmware 1.1.1 - how can I downgrade the baseband?

jailbreakme.com will not download the payload2.bin - it just crashes with the TIFF file, but never starting to download the payload
    Have you tried kicking it out of DFU mode using iBrickr or iNdependence (depending on if you are using a PC or Mac.) ??
    - iPhoneWriter.com

i have a question, can i download the payload2.bin and the y.tiff to an FTP server and then try from there? or is something extra that we need? thanks.

i have a question, can i download the payload2.bin and the y.tiff to an FTP server and then try from there? or is something extra that we need? thanks.
    Hmm... perhaps, but I am not certain. You could certainly give it a shot. If you are running on 1.1.1 right now though, and successful to that point in the guide, I would follow xandili's previous suggestions.

Hope this helps!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

well, i have two computers a Mac and a PC, and the PC have a FTP server... so, i guess that i can give it a try... but again... i'm @ work.... the good thing is that... i can play Xbox 360 as long as i want!

well, i have two computers a Mac and a PC, and the PC have a FTP server... so, i guess that i can give it a try... but again... i'm @ work.... the good thing is that... i can play Xbox 360 as long as i want!

Question, does someone have the two files? because i think that the links are not working...
    Last edited by ZeroCool11; 2007-11-25 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

As far as I can see it should be possible, as long as you keep the same filestructure on the server. AND you can access the files from http, not ftp.

clicking AppSnap from jailbreakme.com points to jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff - in the y.tiff you can see it tries to download /files/payload2.bin - so maybe if you post both files in a /files/ directory on your webserver it *might* work.

EDIT: Just checked the y.tiff - it's hadcoded to jailbreakme.com

iPhonewriter: I kick it out of DFU with iPhuck, then it boots up properly - but still unable to jailbreak it.

EDIT: Tried to get out of DFU mode with iBrickr, but it seems like it can't find the iPhone..
    Last edited by pkanders; 2007-11-25 at 07:10 PM.

iPhonewriter: I kick it out of DFU with iPhuck, then it boots up properly - but still unable to jailbreak it.
    Good deal...! At this point, what's your current software/firmware version... and, output from "bbupdater -v"? Depending on what you have/find, you should be able to figure out which step in the How-To to (re)start with.

Hope this is helping!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    Good deal...! At this point, what's your current software/firmware version... and, output from "bbupdater -v"? Depending on what you have/find, you should be able to figure out which step in the How-To to (re)start with.

Hope this is helping!
    But how can I execute bbupdater - when I do not have BSD subsystem and SSH..

EDIT: from Settings -> General -> About

Version: 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    Modem firmware:04.02.13_G

So I was correct, stuck with new baseband and old firmware..

Now - why the h*ll won't it jailbreak from jailbreakme.com ?

EDITEDIT: Swearing at it seems to have helped, it just went throuhg with jailbreakme.com...
    Moving on now.. (remembering to UPDATE, not RESTORE..
    Last edited by pkanders; 2007-11-25 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

But how can I execute bbupdater - when I do not have BSD subsystem and SSH..

EDIT: from Settings -> General -> About

Version: 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    Modem firmware:04.02.13_G

So I was correct, stuck with new baseband and old firmware..

Now - why the h*ll won't it jailbreak from jailbreakme.com ?

EDITEDIT: Swearing at it seems to have helped, it just went throuhg with jailbreakme.com...
    Use CARNAVAL to jailbreak and activate your iPhone.

LOL. Okay, glad to see you are moving on. I think the jailbreakme.com servers were experiencing an intermittent connection anomaly... er, the site was down but appears to be back up.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

The reason my manual oktoprep didn't work was I was restoring not updating. thanks to all.

work fine for me :-)

Between oktoprep not working and jailbreakme.com going down I decided to go back to 1.1.1 and it is working OK unlocked. (By the way jailbreakme.com is working now.)

I think there are too many variables here with different pieces relying on different websites / servers. I will wait for a more unified solution before upgrading to unlocked 1.1.2.

Ok this is really starting to piss me off..

I _still_ get the error from windows.bat about running oktoprep BEFORE..

I DID run oktoprep, and I even doublechecked that the file was placed under /sbin and I DID update to 1.1.2, not restore.. what is happening here???

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast