Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

I tried this method twice on factory 1.1.1 jailbreaked&activated and it failed both times on AnySIM. Error flashed briefly at the end both times so I could not see what it was. The only difference from this guide I could find is folder name - I had AnySim.app, here it's anySIM.app. Could this be the reason?

Thanks
    Default Can't get Oktoprep to work
    Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    If Putty took you to the next command line, it means your command has been successfully executed!
    Try to restore back to 1.1.1 and simply do the *#307# jailbreak again what reinstalls the Installer and run oktoprep one more time. You got the right bootloader!
    I have the same problem. When I try to install Oktoprep it starts to install it but then just goes straight to the home screen. I have made sure that I have BSD Subsystem already installed, and I have already run anySIM 1.2.1u on a 1.1.1 firmware phone. And I also have the correct bootloader. I even tried to use the putty method and the command goes through but for some reason it still doesn't work, keeps telling me I need to run oktoprep first before trying to use the touch free java

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zdr View Post
    I tried this method twice on factory 1.1.1 jailbreaked&activated and it failed both times on AnySIM. Error flashed briefly at the end both times so I could not see what it was. The only difference from this guide I could find is folder name - I had AnySim.app, here it's anySIM.app. Could this be the reason?
    Yes for sure it needs to be renamed to anySIM.app case sensitive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc35 View Post
    I have the same problem. When I try to install Oktoprep it starts to install it but then just goes straight to the home screen. I have made sure that I have BSD Subsystem already installed, and I have already run anySIM 1.2.1u on a 1.1.1 firmware phone. And I also have the correct bootloader. I even tried to use the putty method and the command goes through but for some reason it still doesn't work, keeps telling me I need to run oktoprep first before trying to use the touch free java
    It could be an issue with OktoPrep but can't be an issue with restoring to 1.1.2 (WRONG) instead of upgrading (CORRECT) because you are still running 1.1.1 when trying to install OktoPrep!
    Restore again to 1.1.1, jailbreak, open up Installer and go to "Recent Packages"/ "Today" (Nov. 25th) / "OktoPrep" install it again and let us know if it changed anything. P.S.: Do not install anySIM again, your baseband remains unlocked but it will not show service until your final upgrade to 1.1.2!

Or try another walk around:

1) You need SSH installed on iPhone
    2) Download and unzip http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/OktoPrep.zip
    3) Put sbin/mknod file to /sbin/ on your iPhone via ssh
    4) When you finally have mknod file on your iPhone, login via ssh to it and type the following command:
    /sbin/mknod ~/Media/disk c 14 1
    NOTE - You must do it on your iPhone, not on your Mac!
    5) Voila, you don't need Oktoprep anymore, you can safely update to 1.1.2 and launch jailbreak.jar
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

I tried that "recent" one and no luck. I also tried executing the mknod file just like you said and this other person, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=1#post4537584

however, I didn't have any luck with it. anyone else confirm this technique?

Bo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobronco View Post
    I tried that "recent" one and no luck. I also tried executing the mknod file just like you said and this other person, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=1#post4537584

however, I didn't have any luck with it. anyone else confirm this technique?

Bo
    Please check my previous post above and maybe you want to give it a try? There could be an issue with OktoPrep?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 03:15 PM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by google911mysteries View Post
    imode,
    I must have downgraded/upgraded 4 times now. The reason it doesn't work is because the OKtoprep keep not wanting to install. It goes to springboard right after it finish downloading. Anyways, in Putty, I typed:
    cd /sbin/
    mknod ~/Media/disk c 14 1

and nothing happened. I checked and mknod file is in sbin folder and it's 0755. Putty just took me to the next line prompt after typing that command line. Was there something that is suppose to happen after you type that line?
    Before running Oktoprep, first read post #482
    Next read post #423

After you run the Oktoprep (or mknod if done manually) you should see a file in /var/root/Media called "disk".
    Then using ssh or putty login to the iPhone and run these commands:

1. ls -l /var/root/Media/disk

You should see:
    crw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 14, 1 Nov 21 14:46 disk
    (the date/time will be different on yours)

2. If you see something different than crw-r--r-- then run: chmod 644 /var/root/Media/disk

If you see the file there and the permissions are correct then the "Oktoprep" process is done and you can move on to the next step. However... if you accidentally do a restore on the next step instead of an update it will remove this file and the 1.1.2 jailbreak will fail.

Also (this step is critical) if you are on a PC you must have JAVA 1.6 installed http://www.java.com/en/ in order for the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work. The windows.bat file simply issues the command: java -jar jailbreak.jar If JAVA isn't installed or it's an older version it will fail to run at all. Also (on a PC only) make sure the three .dll files and jailbreak.jar that are packaged with jailbreak-1.1.2 folder are in the same directory you run windows.bat from.

Hopefully this might help some of you who are having problems to understand what is happening a perhaps give some insight, I hope .

To the best of my knowledge the purpose of Oktoprep is to create an alias of the root disk /dev/disk0s2 as /var/root/Media/disk on a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone. The "disk" file created by mknod is actually a device that points to the same location in iPhone's memory as the / (root) file system. It survives the update since nothing in /var/root/Media gets touched. If you make a mistake and restore instead then everything gets wiped and the jailbreak process will fail since /var/root/Media/disk is no longer there.

The special file "disk" that is created in 1.1.1 is critical to the jailbreak process. Once you've upgraded to 1.1.2 the iPhone's filesystem is jailed and you can't get at it. The base band is still unlocked (from anySim) and doesn't get wiped because it's already at 04.02.13_G (from the first 1.1.2 upgrade) and therefore update skips over it. Once the update has completed you are on the 1.2.2 firmware. However /var/root/Media/disk is still hanging around, still points to the same memory location as "/" and since it is completely accessible you can now use it to break into the operating system.

This is what jailbreak.jar (or windows.bat which calls jailbreak.jar) does (I believe...) It first opens a connection to /var/root/Media/disk. If device "disk" has the wrong permissions or simply doesn't exist the touch-free jailbreak will fail and it reports an error that the Oktoprep process wasn't run. If it succeeds in opening "disk" it then makes an image of the root file system, patches it and then writes the modified image (where the /etc/fstab file is modified to mount "/" as read/write) back onto your iPhone. This process essentially overwrites the root file system on the iPhone.

The iPhone is then rebooted and is now jailbroken since "/" is mounted read/write and one can use Installer.app to install all the necessary apps.
    Last edited by imode; 2007-11-26 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

bobronco (2007-11-25)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    First read post #423

The iPhone is then rebooted and now the iPhone is now jailbroken since "/" is mounted read/write and one can use Installer.app to install all the necessary apps.
    THX imode69, you are doing great work here . . .

Please check my previous post above and maybe you want to give it a try? There could be an issue with OktoPrep?

Hi guys, I'm new here . Lots of great advice on these forums.

I think there is something wrong with OktoPrep since last night.
    I followed all the exact instructions and OktoPrep will just not install. There are now a few people with the same problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuius View Post

I followed all the exact instructions and OktoPrep will just not install. There are now a few people with the same problem.
    That's why I suggested to install it from the "Recent Packages" (what could be an updated/repaired version, even if it still says version 1.0)! But I am just guessing ...
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 04:22 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuius View Post

Before you upgrade to 1.1.2 (and thus jailing your iPhone) login to the iPhone and make sure the file /var/root/Media/disk exists. If it doesn't follow the "mknod" process in post #423

@Xandili;

good day, my friend with an unlock iphone, who ask me to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 unlocked, i have found this thread for my 1st step: "[GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1", but i dont know where to start? what phase should i start with?

many thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    @Xandili;

good day, my friend with an unlock iphone, who ask me to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 unlocked, i have found this thread for my 1st step: "[GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1", but i dont know where to start? what phase should i start with?

many thanks again
    I would restore to 1.1.2 to get the latest baseband, than restore back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak, ssh, etc. add source http://i.unlock.no to your installer and check for the new generated "Unlocking Tools" Folder than choose BB Downgrader (1.1.2) first what brings you back to baseband 04.01. than run "The Virginizer (04.x)" what can be found within the same folder. Restore than to 1.1.2 and start all over with the guide. GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 04:36 PM.

Ok, I really need some help now..

I had an unlocked, jailbroken 1.1.1 - then I decided to update it to 1.1.2.
    I followed the guide, upgraded, downgraded, jailbroke it, installed BSD and SSH, unlocked it with Anysim 1.1.2u. Then I installed Oktoprep as stated in the guide. Then I came to Phase 4.. I updated to 1.1.2 just fine - but..

When I try jailbreak 1.1.2 (windows.bat) I get an error message saying I need to run oktoprep for it to work.. So now I'm stuck, I downgraded to 1.1.1 again, but now jailbreakme doesn't work. It crashes Safari just fine, but then nothing.. I have tried several times now, no change.

Help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkanders View Post

I followed the guide, upgraded, downgraded, jailbroke it, installed BSD and SSH, unlocked it with Anysim 1.1.2u. Then I installed Oktoprep as stated in the guide. Then I came to Phase 4.. I updated to 1.1.2 just fine - but..

When I try jailbreak 1.1.2 (windows.bat) I get an error message saying I need to run oktoprep for it to work.. So now I'm stuck, I downgraded to 1.1.1 again, but now jailbreakme doesn't work. It crashes Safari just fine, but then nothing.. I have tried several times now, no change.

Help!
    If you got a success message after running OktoPrep you restored to 1.1.2 instead of upgrading!
    Start all over, take your time and follow the guide step by step and you will succeed, when you get tired than take a break and continue when you feel fresh again, believe me that helps ...
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 04:47 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

bobronco (2007-11-25)

Help!
    I'm having the Exact same issue.. here's the thing

i bought this iPhone 2 days ago, it was 1.1.1, i downgraded 1.0.2, after that, i found out about jailbreakme.com and i updated again to 1.1.1, everything fine.. then, i found out about this 1.1.2 update, and i tried, and now i'm stuck.. i can't do anything, is jailbreakme.com server down or something? because i already tried like... 10 times to download the file and still not working.. i followed the steps one by one... i already flashed mi iPhone like... 10 times (i'm not exagerating) from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and to 1.0.2, still not working... from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 and to 1.1.1, still no luck... again 1.1.2 to 1.1.1... and still no luck... i'm getting a little bit frustrated... so, can anyone help me out? thanks

If you got a success message after running OktoPrep you restored to 1.1.2 instead of upgrading!
    What's the difference? I enabled DFU mode, connected it to iTunes, pressed shift+restore and selected the 1.1.2 image.

EDIT: You're right, Im such a retard, I restored..

Start all over, take your time and follow the guide step by step and you will succeed, when you get tired than take a break and continue when you feel fresh again, believe me that helps ...
    Problem is _how_ to start over? I have a 1.1.1 (probably with 1.1.2 baseband) and I'm unable to jailbreak it.. jailbreakme crashes Safari the pops back to the "slide for emergency" - then nothing happens. I have tried now a thousand times, still the same..
    Last edited by pkanders; 2007-11-25 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks

What's the difference? I enabled DFU mode, connected it to iTunes, pressed shift+restore and selected the 1.1.2 image.

EDIT: You're right, Im such a retard, I restored..

Problem is _how_ to start over? I have a 1.1.1 (probably with 1.1.2 baseband) and I'm unable to jailbreak it.. jailbreakme crashes Safari the pops back to the "slide for emergency" - then nothing happens. I have tried now a thousand times, still the same..
    That's totally wrong, with restore you wiped your previously installed oktoprep. YOU MUST UPDATE!!!
    Restore is like formatting a hard drive, it wipes it clean and reinstalls - result - you loose everything! (Except the stupid baseband if you downgrade, lol)
    Update only changes the necessary files - most of your previously done changes will stay!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-25 at 05:14 PM.

That's totally wrong, with restore you wiped your previously installed oktoprep. YOU MUST UPDATE!!!
    Restore is like formatting a hard drive, it wipes it clean and reinstalls - result - you loose everything! (Except the stupid baseband if you downgrade, lol)
    Update only changes the necessary files - most of your previously done changes will stay!
    Ok, I messed up..

But what do I do now to get on? I just started from the beginning again, but jailbreakme wont work properly.. it crashes safari, then pops back to "emergency call" - then nothing.. Do I need to virginize it before I can follow the guide again?

Help!

i bought this iPhone 2 days ago, it was 1.1.1, i downgraded 1.0.2, after that, i found out about jailbreakme.com and i updated again to 1.1.1, everything fine.. then, i found out about this 1.1.2 update, and i tried, and now i'm stuck.. i can't do anything, is jailbreakme.com server down or something? because i already tried like... 10 times to download the file and still not working.. i followed the steps one by one... i already flashed mi iPhone like... 10 times (i'm not exagerating) from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and to 1.0.2, still not working... from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 and to 1.1.1, still no luck... again 1.1.2 to 1.1.1... and still no luck... i'm getting a little bit frustrated... so, can anyone help me out? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool11 View Post

If you can click on Install AppSnap from jailbreakme.com - then the server is responding.

btw when I poweroff my phone and power it back on, it goes directly into DFU mode I have to use iphuck to get it to boot

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast