Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

REVAN!
    Do you really think phase 1 is really Phase 1?
    I know you are good at writing guides.
    Please re think it!
    Last edited by elfribo; 2007-11-20 at 02:38 AM.

Quick Quesation what modem firmware are we suppose to have when the phone is 1.1.1 out of box? then what are we suppose to have after upgrading to 1.1.2?

Hmm... All I did was..
    1 - OktoPrep
    2 - Upgrade to 1.1.2
    3 - windows.bat

That's it. I had a 1.1.1 OTB, jailbroken via jailbreakme.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Hmm... All I did was..
    1 - OktoPrep
    2 - Upgrade to 1.1.2
    3 - windows.bat

That's it. I had a 1.1.1 OTB, jailbroken via jailbreakme.com
    which Firmware you had on 1.1.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadugauch View Post
    Here is the original guide...for MAC

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html
    I'm using this guide, but getting stuck on the downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 - it is giving me the error 1, just as the guide says it may, but I've tried doing it a dozen times with the same error - did you get this? Maybe there is a special trick to getting it into DFU mode?

i have no clue how to use the iphuc thing. i installed the one this page offers but and i typed the commands. is there something i forgot to do? spent the whole day on this btw, i'm trying to get out of the dfu mode.

Will this work with OTB 1.1.2 iPhones. ????

Confirmed working on T-Mobile

upgraded from 1.1.1 appsnapped / anysim 1.1'ed phone

don't forget to rename anysim1.2.app folder to anysim.app this confused me for hours, as i could not get anysim to run without crashing
    Last edited by hernz; 2007-11-20 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    This method would be still considered BETA. Tested and working on two phones Unlocked (anySIM 1.1, with previously virginized baseband) iPhone with 1.1.1 firmware and 04.01.13_G modem, bootloader 3.9_M3S2, iTunes 7.5, and Windows Vista. I need more TESTERS to test it personally and confirm the results.

Thanks to Dev Team, iPhone-Elite team, jjgsxr883, Mark @ hacktheiphone.com and callx for your work.

Before we begin, download the following:

Phase 1 :: Checking your bootloader version
    For those of you who have owned an iPhone prior to November 9th, then you can skip this step. If you don't otherwise know any better, you might want to verify what bootloader you have on your iPhone right now.

First you will need to have bbupdater installed in your /usr/bin folder. I will not provide this file. Google for it, or check the usual forums. Use the Terminal to login to the iPhone via SSH. Enter the following commands:

Code:
    launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
    bbupdater -v
    Your results better match those below as far as the bootloader is concerned. If they don't, then DO NOT proceed!

When you are done checking, restart your iPhone.

Phase 2 :: Reversing the changes done by anySIM 1.1 or anySIM 1.1p
    1. Download and Install the oneSIM.app and chmod all files to 0755
    2. Set your Auto-Lock to Never
    3. Run oneSIM from SpringBoard

Phase 3 :: Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    1. Restore the iPhone to 1.1.2 firmware by putting the iPhone into DFU mode. Do this by pressing and holding the Home button, and the Sleep/Wake button.
    2. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and you will get this pop up. The iPhone will display this graphic.
    3. Click the SHIFT + Restore button or on a Mac (your keyboard key) and point it towards the 1.1.2 firmware you downloaded.
    4. Various messages will appear while the process continues.
    5. The iPhone will restart, and iTunes will display this image.
    6. The iPhone will display the new multi-lingual emergency slider and connect to iTunes graphic. You are now on 1.1.2 firmware with the new 04.02.13_G modem firmware.

Phase 4 :: Downgrade back to 1.1.1
    • Downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware. You need to put the iPhone into DFU mode again. The restore should, go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.
    • Download a working copy of iPhuc and issue the following commands:
      cmd setenv auto-boot true
      cmd saveenv
      cmd fsboot

Jailbreak by following the below method:
    1. On the Activation Screen, slide the Emergency Screen.
    2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and display 1 Calling.
    3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 0.
    4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.
    5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.
    6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.
    7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.

Unlock using anySIM1.2.1u
    1. Run Installer and install BSD Subsystem & OpenSSH
    2. Extract the anySIM.app folder from anySIM1.2.1u.zip onto a folder.
    3. Download WinSCP
    4. Check the IP issued by your WiFi for your phone, it should something like 192.168.xx.xx
    5. Run WinSCP and enter the IP as asked above, and put the username: root & password: alpine
    6. Wait for 30-35 secs and you will be asked to add a host key (big dialog box) say Yes
    7. After login into your phone, goto root -> Applications and copy the anySIM.app folder there and chmod all the files inside the anySIM.app folder to 0755 (by selecting all files and click on Properties)
    8. PowerOff your phone and put the original AT&T SIM
    9. PowerOn & now you will find the anySIM icon on your SpringBoard. Goto Settings > General > Auto-lock change it to Never.
    10. Run anySIM
    11. After it shows the "Successfully unlocked message".
    12. Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

(I). Launch Installer.app
    (II). Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)
    (III). Select OktoPrep
    (IV). Click Install

Phase 5 :: Upgrade to 1.1.2 - Thanks callx
    What you'll need:

Extra tools for the optional steps:

1. Connect your phone to iTunes.
    2. Do either Download & Install or press SHIFT + Update button and point it to the v1.1.2 firmware you downloaded manually.
    3. Jailbreak 1.1.2
      - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
      - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
      - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
      Activate 1.1.2
      - By now you should have rebooted your phone and you're back at the 1.1.2 active screen
      - Run winscp, put necessary info (ip address, usr/pwd, let it on SFTP in the protocol) and click connect
      - Now go to /usr/libexec/ and make a backup of lockdownd on your pc(we NEVER know)
      - Unzip the patched lockdownd and put in /usr/libexec/
      - Click on "more", set permissions 0755 (so check all Xs, you'll figure it out)
      - Click ok, and overwrite the existing lockdownd
      - Reboot your phone
      Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
      - Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
      - Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
      - Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
      e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402
      - Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
      - Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
      - Open putty and connect to your phone
      - Type bash at the prompt
      - Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
      - Type ln -s NUMBER YOURCARRIER.plist
      e.g ln -s 33402 Telcel.plist
      - Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
      - Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
      - You should be set, no reboot needed

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing (duh... ) )
      - Check here for your ISO code and ITU phone code
      e.g Mexico: ISO code = mx, ITU = 52
      - Open AppSupport in UltraEdit
      - Press Ctrl+G and enter 0xA0AC
      - On the right end of the string replace mx with your ISO code
      - On the next line, replace 52 with your ITU phone code
      - Save the changes
      - Winscp into your phone and browse to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
      - Overwrite the existing AppSupport (make sure that permissions = 0755, read previous steps if you don't understand)
      - Reboot your phone and you're set!

To know the Change Log of v1.1.2 go here
    Works flawlessly; I had to keep performing the CMD lines every time I rebooted in 1.1.1 version until I did the Final upate into 1.1.2 I have now 1.1.2 and everything work perfect. No problems and it took all of 15 mins to complete if that awsome directions keep up the excellent work.

Hi. Thanks for the guide. Glad to test it out. I got all the files needed except the patched 1.1.2 lockdown file. Everytime I download it, it says its damaged. Can someone point to another host instead of rapidshare and megaupload? Thanks alot!

Thanks

Remember you need Firmware wersion 04.02.13_G if you hawe it, Great! Just install from installer OktoPrep - then update from iTunes to 1.1.2 (don't run Restore)
    Then download and install Jailbreak Software 1.1.2 (NEW VERSION) - thats it...
    Please read tuts and posts, don't do this harry.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

The guide I followed successfully can be found in my signature below. It is similar to this one and works just fine, except EDGE!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-20 at 05:30 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

Munzo (2007-11-24), somzii (2008-01-30)

Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    I'm using this guide, but getting stuck on the downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 - it is giving me the error 1, just as the guide says it may, but I've tried doing it a dozen times with the same error - did you get this? Maybe there is a special trick to getting it into DFU mode?
    All u have to do is go down to 1.1.1 by doing the reset holding the home key and power key until the screen goes blank after the slider for turn off disappears after it goes blank still hold the home key for about 10 sec then let go. then u press the shift key and hit the restore button on Itunes direct it to the 1.1.1 firmware u download from here. then u will get an error 1015 and it says connect to itunes just get the Ipuc from here aswell and the type in the CMD lines include cmd on each one give it a few secs when you finished the last one and it will let u do everything from the *#307# to all the rest you just might have to keep doing the cmd through Ipuc each time u reboot just to get into the phone until u update to 1.1.2 if u run into a problem installing any software in INSTALL just turn off the Iphone and turn it back on. I ran into this problem while installing the 1.1.2 prep software and after reboot it work fine.

good luck
    Last edited by Toughtony; 2007-11-20 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Left words out sry

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Toughtony For This Useful Post:

annaj (2007-11-20)

Question Basic Questions
    I'm on 1.0.2 unlocked with probably anySim 1.0.2 (XSIMSTATE command shows "PN",4,5,5,5). This guide should work fine if I virginize and then follow the above steps.Is that correct?

Also, I dont have an ATT sim.....is it mandatory to use the inactive ATT sim with anysim or can I use my existing sim on that??

For windows guys i just went from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 use OktoPrep then update to 1.1.2 again and use iDemocracy to jailbreak the phone. (1.1.2 want get signal untill u jailbreak it ) so if u think it fail. jailbreak take a few minutes but it works .U might see a white chord and a cd before it jail breaks sorry if this is not the right post.

Thanks

I did not use my At&T SIM and it worked 100%, have you checked your bootloader?
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

I didnt bother checking my bootloader becoz I bought my phone in September. That should be fine correct?

Thanks

Yes

22. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

cbrluv (2007-12-04)

can someone help i am in the process of jailbreaking 1.1.2 and it was going thru all the codes in windows.bat and then it just stops. is it supposed to say something like its finished? i am not sure if it had completed fully thanks

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast