Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

hi after running anysim1.2 it says it wasnt able to unlock my phone? wat am i supposed to do now?

Hi Xandili,
    I have been noticing you are helping people problems which is really appriciatable thank you very for helping us out.
    I have got just simple question if you can help me out i have 1.1.1 with the baseband 04.01.13_G unlocked with anysim1.1. I want to upgrade it to 1.1.2 with unlocked. I did tried to unlock it through anysim1.2 on 1.1.2 but it get stucked so i had to do all the process again and now i am on 1.1.1 with baseband 04.01.13_G what steps should i take to get 1.1.2 unlocked please write to me in short words.

I will be really thankful to you

Quote Originally Posted by jkfox121 View Post
    This guide worked absolutely perfectly without a hitch. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed to making this possible.
    That's good news! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by waseem3761 View Post
    Hi Xandili,
    I have been noticing you are helping people problems which is really appriciatable thank you very for helping us out.
    I have got just simple question if you can help me out i have 1.1.1 with the baseband 04.01.13_G unlocked with anysim1.1. I want to upgrade it to 1.1.2 with unlocked. I did tried to unlock it through anysim1.2 on 1.1.2 but it get stucked so i had to do all the process again and now i am on 1.1.1 with baseband 04.01.13_G what steps should i take to get 1.1.2 unlocked please write to me in short words.
    Follow the guide, step-by-step... and take your time. You must run AnySim on the v1.1.1 release, *not* on the v1.1.2 release.

Unlock on the v1.1.1 release, then *update* to the v1.1.2 release.... that is *update* and *not* restore on the final move to the v1.1.2 release.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by saddart View Post
    hi after running anysim1.2 it says it wasnt able to unlock my phone? wat am i supposed to do now?
    What iPhone software release are/were you on when you ran into this issue? Had you renamed the anysim1.2 application to "anysim.app" (without the quotes) first?
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-23 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Question:: (Im a legit att customer. I currently have 1.1.1)
    I get all the way to Phase 4 and install installer + oktoprep. Then it says to get itunes 7.5 (done), DL + install the 1.1.2 firmware ...which is completed. Then I run windows.bat to jailbreak 1.1.2. As soon as I run windows.bat...it says I need to have oktoprep installed to run the jailbreak. I DID THAT. this is my 4th time. Its like the oktoprep does'nt stay on the iphone once the 1.1.2 firmware is installed. any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by waseem3761 View Post
    Hi Xandili,

I will be really thankful to you
    Also be sure to run Anysim provided by this guide....DO NOT USE THE COPY AVAILABLE THROUGH INSTALLER since that will not do the trick.

The unlock must be done BEFORE updating to 1.1.2.....

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    No need to, if you use the downgrader released by http://i.unlock.no it will downgrade your baseband to 04.01. matching Firmware 1.1.1.

First add Source http://i.unlock.no to your Installer than you will find a newly generated Folder called Unlocking Tools within your Installer. Use the BB Downgrader (1.1.2) than restore Firmware 1.1.1 than start all over with Installer i.unlock etc. and choose the viriginizing tool for 04.01. what will be your cuurent baseband than. Wait for the success message and restore again to 1.1.1 than start all over with the guide and please let me know if it worked.
    Why do i need to virginize it first??

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basjeroen View Post
    Why do i need to virginize it first??
    Only if you have previously unlocked your phone and onesim can't help you to reverse the changes and getting a success message after running anysim.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboXSEvoVIII View Post
    Question:: (Im a legit att customer. I currently have 1.1.1)
    I get all the way to Phase 4 and install installer + oktoprep. Then it says to get itunes 7.5 (done), DL + install the 1.1.2 firmware ...which is completed. Then I run windows.bat to jailbreak 1.1.2. As soon as I run windows.bat...it says I need to have oktoprep installed to run the jailbreak. I DID THAT. this is my 4th time. Its like the oktoprep does'nt stay on the iphone once the 1.1.2 firmware is installed. any ideas
    It seems to me as you restored instead of UPGRADED! Please make sure you UPGRADE to 1.1.2 otherwise you wiped out the previously installed oktoprep.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Wow after two days of trying to get my phone on 1.1.2 unlocked i have finnally done it... This is the steps that i took:
    1. virginized my phone using i.unlock.no guide
    2. restored to 1.1.1
    3. restored to 1.1.2
    4. restored to 1.1.1
    5. Jail broke using the guides method and installed anySIM.app after several tries i found out that the anySIM app has to be written exactly as i have written it, capitalization is key.
    6. after running anySIM i still had no service but that is expected.... so i ran oktoprep
    7. UPGRADED to 1.1.2 through itunes....
    8. Jailbroke using 1.1.2 jailbreak from this guides downloads... used windows.bat file (I'm on Vista.... and love it)
    9. After jailbreaking i restarted my iPhone and everything is working perfectly... unlocked 1.1.2 running on T-Mobile... for now anyways

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ford092 View Post
    Wow after two days of trying to get my phone on 1.1.2 unlocked i have finnally done it... This is the steps that i took:
    1. virginized my phone using i.unlock.no guide
    2. restored to 1.1.1
    3. restored to 1.1.2
    4. restored to 1.1.1
    5. Jail broke using the guides method and installed anySIM.app after several tries i found out that the anySIM app has to be written exactly as i have written it, capitalization is key.
    6. after running anySIM i still had no service but that is expected.... so i ran oktoprep
    7. UPGRADED to 1.1.2 through itunes....
    8. Jailbroke using 1.1.2 jailbreak from this guides downloads... used windows.bat file (I'm on Vista.... and love it)
    9. After jailbreaking i restarted my iPhone and everything is working perfectly... unlocked 1.1.2 running on T-Mobile... for now anyways
    Congratulations and enjoy your baby running 1.1.2 smoothly ...
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

any idea about the number matching fix in 1.1.2? A patched AppSupport perhaps?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abhishekkhurana View Post
    any idea about the number matching fix in 1.1.2? A patched AppSupport perhaps?
    What country are you in and what provider are you with?

I'm in india, provider is Airtel. I had installed the iWorld patch and that fixed the crashing problem.

Thanks

I'm in india, provider is Airtel. I had installed the iWorld patch and that fixed the crashing problem.
    o.k. understand, what exactly is the problem you are having, incoming calls don't show the proper number or do you mean if you dial out it doesn't display it properly?

ok the exact problem is say for eg) a number +91 9800000000 (where 91 is my country code) is stored in my address book as Mr. X, if I dial 9800000000, it doesnt display Mr X. It displays Mr. X only if I enter +91 9800000000. Hope this helps!

Thanks

ok the exact problem is say for eg) a number +91 9800000000 (where 91 is my country code) is stored in my address book as Mr. X, if I dial 9800000000, it doesnt display Mr X. It displays Mr. X only if I enter +91 9800000000. Hope this helps!
    Have you tried to edit the US-Settings within the UIPhoneFormats.plist what can be found under /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats
    it should resolve the problem. Just edit the Settings under US Item 1 and match them with the contacts in your address book.
    That only works if your region settings are still set to default United States if you have changed region settings than edit the country in the .plist file you have set as your region.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 07:29 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

abhishekkhurana (2007-11-23)

No I havent tried this. I remember doing that when I was on 1.0.2 ! This should probably fix it. Thanks a lot ! and I will click the " cute blue button with the white star "

DONE!

Successfully updated to 1.1.2

Thanks for this guide.

AG

Thanks

No I havent tried this. I remember doing that when I was on 1.0.2 ! This should probably fix it. Thanks a lot ! and I will click the " cute blue button with the white star "
    Please let us know if you succeeded!

Nope...I changed the .plist file under my country code "in" and it just changed the format in which I enter the phone number. But it still doesnt recognize the phone number in the address book until I put my country code

Thanks

Nope...I changed the .plist file under my country code "in" and it just changed the format in which I enter the phone number. But it still doesnt recognize the phone number in the address book until I put my country code
    If United States is under your default region settings than you need to edit the us-string.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast