Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arshlan View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the guide.I followed it and everything went good.
    At the end, i've installed Iworld from installer and everything was ok.
    But a few hours later i tried to use installer to install things and it doesn't work anymore.

It stays on refreshing sources (with no progress in the bar) and then says error: unable to refresh sources.
    After that i go to update and try to update installer to 3.0b8 and same thing happens: no progress at all,and getting an error at the end.
    What is the matter? could it be possible that one rep is offline and so installer can't update the others?
    Or is my installer f***** up and i have to reinstall it?
    Thanks
    I would SSH into your phone, go to /Applications and reinstall, meaning delete the Installer.app and upload it again manually. If you need the Installer.app File I am happy to provide you with it but you can easily google for it and just use the old 1.1.1 Installer and it will update just smoothly after you've uploaded it.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 07:47 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

msekeris (2008-01-22)

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I'll try that.
    Any reason why it was working the first time and now not anymore?

EDIT: I can see that http://iphone.nullriver.com/ is not working right now,maybe that's the reason?
    Last edited by Arshlan; 2007-11-23 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks

I'll try that.
    Only Mr. Jobs can answer this question ...
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Well, i'll try to wait a bit before reinstalling Installer manually.As i told earlier, it seems that nullriver site is offline,maybe that's the reason of my installer not connecting?

EDIT: That was it Site back online and installer working good again!

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Arshlan; 2007-11-23 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks

I'll try that.

EDIT: I can see that http://iphone.nullriver.com/ is not working right now,maybe that's the reason?
    It works fine on my phone, have you added http://i.unlock.no or http://iphone.unlock.no I don't think it makes a difference but it should be the shorter version. UPDATE: YES, INSTALLER IS SLOW/OFFLINE RIGHT NOW MEANING CAN'T REFRESH SOURCES!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 08:03 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

originalg00ksta (2007-11-23)

I noticed oneSIM was removed from the main guide....so I am not sure if I should do the onesim or not??

Right now I am at an unlocked v1.1.1 on rogers.

Also if i do need onesim then i noticed it said insert old sim in it....I dont have any old sim so can I use it with my current rogers sim?

lemme know pls

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    It works fine on my phone, have you added http://i.unlock.no or http://iphone.unlock.no I don't think it makes a difference but it should be the shorter version. UPDATE: YES, INSTALLER IS SLOW/OFFLINE RIGHT NOW MEANING CAN'T REFRESH SOURCES!
    darn it..same problem too right now

I noticed oneSIM was removed from the main guide....so I am not sure if I should do the onesim or not??

Also if i do need onesim then i noticed it said insert old sim in it....I dont have any old sim so can I use it with my current rogers sim?

lemme know pls
    Well,being new to this i can't really help you further more than saying that i followed exactly the actual guide here and everything went good.
    Except for one thing: My phone should have been put out of DFU mode but it didn't,dunno why,so had to use Ibrick for that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vomer View Post

lemme know pls
    You only need the oneSIM to reverse changes you mad by running anySIM, if you never ran it before and your phone's baseband hasn't been touched you will not need it. Since you are running an unlocked 1.1.1 I suggest you to do so or virginize!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 08:14 AM.

Im kind of curious if anyone got the carrier settings working for tmobile.
    I followed the guy to the T but its seems like TMobile has many different supported sims. Is it just a guess? or what would the correct supported sim number be for US... Minnesota? I just cant get mine to update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow01505 View Post
    Im kind of curious if anyone got the carrier settings working for tmobile.
    I followed the guy to the T but its seems like TMobile has many different supported sims. Is it just a guess? or what would the correct supported sim number be for US... Minnesota? I just cant get mine to update.
    I am not sure but hasn't T-Mobile USA reduced to just one 310-260?

Quote Originally Posted by willsterstyle View Post
    darn it..same problem too right now
    It is important to restore after viriginizing! Have you done it?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

for some reason i can not get my phone to activate while in 1.1.1, is this normal and does anyone have any idea to fix this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by originalg00ksta View Post
    for some reason i can not get my phone to activate while in 1.1.1, is this normal and does anyone have any idea to fix this problem?
    If you meant activate than restore one more time to 1.1.1 and it will work, if you meant unlock than this is normal, service will be back after you upgrade to 1.1.2.

should i be getting a 1604 error?

Thanks

should i be getting a 1604 error?
    At what stage do you get it and what have you done previously?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 08:46 AM.

right after i restore to 1.1.1 twice... im stuck at the screen with the cord and itunes logo

all i want is to have my phone working with any version if possible, you have any idea what i can do?
    Last edited by originalg00ksta; 2007-11-23 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

right after i restore to 1.1.1 twice... im stuck at the screen with the cord and itunes logo
    You will get an error because of your higher baseband version 04.02.13 what remains the same even after you restored to 1.1.1. Don't let the error message bother you, if you are on a mac use Independence to kick you ot of recovery mode (be patient it may look like it wouldn't do anything but it does!), using windows execute the iphuc commands or use ID2.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 08:58 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

originalg00ksta (2007-11-23)

ok now i have a 1.1.2 with no service? any idea what to do from here to get my att service back

Thanks

ok now i have a 1.1.2 with no service? any idea what to do from here to get my att service back
    Have you followed the guide and did you get a success message after running anysim under 1.1.1? If yes, install iWorld and reboot than check again! Sometimes it takes a while until the reception bars show up!

This guide worked absolutely perfectly without a hitch. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed to making this possible.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast