Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone tell me what the "optional" carrier settings does?

Cheers

David

Quote Originally Posted by imdgp View Post

Cheers

David

Also asked for help about the same topic but nobody answered....

Default Success!
    Phew! Finally upgraded from an unlocked 1.0.2 to an unlocked 1.1.2. This guide is brilliant! Took me 2 hours though since I had to virginize etc etc, but was worth it! Also, I got stuck while installing BSD subsystem in 1.1.1 and then I realised I hadnt set auto lock to never. Just a suggestion, but AUTHOR! , please put the setting auto-lock to never part before installing BSD Subsystem rather than before anySIM portion Silly on my part to get stuck in such a trivial step. Other than that, this guide is awesome!!! Running 1.1.2 very smoothly. But one question like I've seen many ppl asking, what does the optional carrier settings do?

Thanks a ton!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imdgp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Also asked for help about the same topic but nobody answered....
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishekkhurana View Post
    But one question like I've seen many ppl asking, what does the optional carrier settings do?
    The Optional Carrier settings section is to adjust/manipulate the preset features/functions within the Carrier Settings on the iPhone... i.e., Check My Balance, View My Minutes Usage, etc.

It's not a mandatory thing to do, for the upgrade to v1.1.2 itself, in fact I didn't even mess with it (how often do you really use those features anyway?) But, for those that do want to take things to the ultimate degree of completeness, the optional steps appear to be provided.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 07:32 PM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

abhishekkhurana (2007-11-22), Shake (2007-11-22)

-1.1.2 OTB
    -Modem Firmware 04.02.13_G
    -Successfully downgraded to 1.1.1 after getting a 1015 error in iTunes and rebooting with ibrickr.
    -Used Jailbreakme to mod the phone and install apps.
    -Tried to unlock with anysim..... anysim was unsuccessful =(

Any suggestions on how to unlock my NEW 1.1.2 OTB iPhone?

I just updated my phone tonight following hackint0sh's tutorial flawlessly. Everything went great up untill the last step. The final jailbreak is not working I tried the Jar file on my mac and I get an error and on my windows using the windows.bat it wont connect it cant find my iphone any ideas?

I just did exacly as told on the first page - no workarounds or skippings.. everything runned fine a> z = done!

But what I notished ( little thing for me ) I had to use the at&t card (which I donīt use because I chill in spain... to every time I wanted to jailbreak 1.1.1 again and also when beeing on 1.1.2 and doing the jailbreaking part...

So I donīt know why... I donīt really care. But as the busy writers said earlier " no need for original sim" ...mmmh... I did need it...

well...really good manual... I recommend this one...and donīt be confused... the whole middlepart from page 2 until here are "rare" problems or people who ask the same stuff over and over...

greetz from Barca

2007-11-22 19:19:41 -0500

EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x4d000077

Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 objc_msgSend + 23
    1 __CFMachPortDidFork + 263
    2 CFMachPortGetPort + 117
    3 __CFXNotificationSendToServer + 435
    4 _CFXNotificationRegister + 1369
    5 -[NSDistributedNotificationCenter addObserver:selector:namebject:suspensionBehavior:] + 185
    6 +[NSLanguageContext initialize] + 157
    7 class_initialize + 446
    8 _class_lookupMethodAndLoadCache + 86
    9 objc_msgSend + 86

it work perfectly, only i accidently restored it to 1.1.2 again.

so i wanted to run the process again, put it gets stuck when i run anysim.

someone a idea??

Guys;
    My new Iphone can not be unlocked.
    I bought it last monday and it's come with 1.1.2 I follow all procedure but when ran AnySim I got Message "AniSym can not unlock iphone"
    Any Ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vazquezm View Post
    Guys;
    My new Iphone can not be unlocked.
    I bought it last monday and it's come with 1.1.2 I follow all procedure but when ran AnySim I got Message "AniSym can not unlock iphone"
    Any Ideas?
    If you bought it recently and it had Firmware 1.1.2 preinstalled, I bet you have 99% the wrong (BOOT04.06_M3S2) bootloader.
    You can check it by following the first step in the guide, just instead of the (launchctl remove) command, use this one:
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    and after you are done execute:
    launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 07:00 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Hi there after a restore to 1.1.1 from an upgrade to 1.1.2 not successfully unlocked I managed to unlock it! Thanks for all the tips and help...renaming AnySIM 1.2.1u to AnySIM.app solved the problem

Regards,
    Primoz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Primoz78 View Post
    Hi there after a restore to 1.1.1 from an upgrade to 1.1.2 not successfully unlocked I managed to unlock it! Thanks for all the tips and help...renaming AnySIM 1.2.1u to AnySIM.app solved the problem

Regards,
    Primoz
    The community is always happy to help
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

ah I ran into some problems and I had to redo everything all over again.

I already had 1.1.2 up and running and so I downgraded back to 1.1.1..followed the steps...and now I'm on the step for anySIM.
    It gets stuck at 'Starting the CommCenter'...seems like many people are having this problem?

I just tried anySIM again and I get:

"Please restart your iPhone...anySIM cannot unlcok this phone, anySIM will now quit. Please turn off your phone and turn it on again after anySIM quits"

Any ideas?
    Last edited by willsterstyle; 2007-11-23 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willsterstyle View Post
    ah I ran into some problems and I had to redo everything all over again.

I already had 1.1.2 up and running and so I downgraded back to 1.1.1..followed the steps...and now I'm on the step for anySIM.
    It gets stuck at 'Starting the CommCenter'...seems like many people are having this problem?

I just tried anySIM again and I get:

"Please restart your iPhone...anySIM cannot unlcok this phone, anySIM will now quit. Please turn off your phone and turn it on again after anySIM quits"

Any ideas?
    I had this happening to me before, you need to downgrade baseband and viriginize your baby than everything will be good again!

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    I had this happening to me before, you need to downgrade baseband and viriginize your baby than everything will be good again!
    You mean go all the way back to 1.0.2?
    do you have the link to do this virginization?
    Last edited by willsterstyle; 2007-11-23 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willsterstyle View Post
    You mean go all the way back to 1.0.2?
    No need to, if you use the downgrader released by http://i.unlock.no it will downgrade your baseband to 04.01. matching Firmware 1.1.1.

First add Source http://i.unlock.no to your Installer than you will find a newly generated Folder called Unlocking Tools within your Installer. Use the BB Downgrader (1.1.2) than restore Firmware 1.1.1 than start all over with Installer i.unlock etc. and choose the viriginizing tool for 04.01. what will be your cuurent baseband than. Wait for the success message and restore again to 1.1.1 than start all over with the guide and please let me know if it worked.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-23 at 07:41 AM.

Hi,

Thanks for the guide.I followed it and everything went good.
    At the end, i've installed Iworld from installer and everything was ok.
    But a few hours later i tried to use installer to install things and it doesn't work anymore.

It stays on refreshing sources (with no progress in the bar) and then says error: unable to refresh sources.
    After that i go to update and try to update installer to 3.0b8 and same thing happens: no progress at all,and getting an error at the end.
    What is the matter? could it be possible that one rep is offline and so installer can't update the others?
    Or is my installer f***** up and i have to reinstall it?

Thanks

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast