Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

m now updating to 1.1.2 , itunes finish updating, i dont know if it was successful?? coz my phone boot and showing up the "connect to itunes image" for a few seconds and went black, and in the itunes it show, "there is no carrier that support the installed simcard in the iphone" what should i do next??

itunes finished updting my phone, but i dont know if it was successful? my phone flash tht "connect to itunes image" for a few seconds and went black, i close itunes and open it again it detect my phone, i run the 1.1.2 jailbreak and after a couple of reboot, it went back to the spring board, but still showing "no service"

p s : i forgot to check the ssh box on the 1.1.2jailbreak which is the last step, can i just open 1.1.2jailbreak and check the ssh and jailbreak again???
    Last edited by 714pedro; 2007-11-22 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    m now updating to 1.1.2 , itunes finish updating, i dont know if it was successful?? coz my phone boot and showing up the "connect to itunes image" for a few seconds and went black, and in the itunes it show, "there is no carrier that support the installed simcard in the iphone" what should i do next??

itunes finished updting my phone, but i dont know if it was successful? my phone flash tht "connect to itunes image" for a few seconds and went black, i close itunes and open it again it detect my phone, i run the 1.1.2 jailbreak and after a couple of reboot, it went back to the spring board, but still showing "no service"
    Try to run iWorld from Installer under Tweaks (1.1.2) and see what happens.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

jailbreak finish.. yes!! my phone now is unlock and can access my local sim... do i have to install tweaks1.1.2/iworld?? or should i just leave it that way??

xandili
    many many many thanks for staying with me

Thanks

jailbreak finish.. yes!! my phone now is unlock and can access my local sim... do i have to install tweaks1.1.2/iworld?? or should i just leave it that way??

xandili
    many many many thanks for staying with me
    I would install it, just to prevent your baby from crashing accessing phone network functions.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

lastly are the apps in the installer packages compatible to be install in my new version??? i have check the bsd , community and ssh are not yet installed, should i install them??

thanks again so much

Thanks

lastly are the apps in the installer packages compatible to be install in my new version??? i have check the bsd , community and ssh are not yet installed, should i install them??

thanks again so much
    SSH is installed through your jailbreak-progress (remember the checkbox and password you chose running jailbreak.jar), it just doesn't show up because you haven't installed it through installer. You can choose to install whatever you want from Installer, if something isn't compatible it will tell you or show in the readme or simply just not work, so don't worry and enjoy your "baby's new clothes"
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-22 at 03:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello!

I followed the tutorial and everything worked!
    Let me just give you a minor help for those who want to define the keyboard, according your country (just for v1.1.2):

1. Go to your Installer
    2. Go to "Sources" and add the link http://cynix.org/iphone.plist
    3. Refresh Sources
    4. Go to "Install", then under Tweaks 1.1.2 install "More Keyboards for 1.1.2"
    5. After installation, go to Settings > General > Keyboard and on international keyboards, select your keyboard, and then Done!

You may install also the "More Regions for 1.1.2" under Tweaks 1.1.2 from your Installer to select your country.

Thanks for your good work!

Best regards,
    Marco

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marquito For This Useful Post:

nzbullet (2007-11-24), xandili (2007-11-22)

so i dont have to install ssh open, m now installing bsd sub system..

thank you so much for the help, hope if next time i need help i can count on you..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marquito View Post
    Hello!

I followed the tutorial and everything worked!
    Let me just give you a minor help for those who want to define the keyboard, according your country (just for v1.1.2):

1. Go to your Installer
    2. Go to "Sources" and add the link http://cynix.org/iphone.plist
    3. Refresh Sources
    4. Go to "Install", then under Tweaks 1.1.2 install "More Keyboards for 1.1.2"
    5. After installation, go to Settings > General > Keyboard and on international keyboards, select your keyboard, and then Done!

You may install also the "More Regions for 1.1.2" under Tweaks 1.1.2 from your Installer to select your country.

Thanks for your good work!

Best regards,
    Marco
    Good work Marco, thx so much for telling us. I think you deserve a thx, that's why you got one from me!

so i dont have to install ssh open, m now installing bsd sub system..

thank you so much for the help, hope if next time i need help i can count on you..
    I help whenever I can, we are only strong as a unit!

To install BSD is always a good think, you never know if you want to 'unix-around' with your iPhone, I wouldn't think a second about it= JUST INSTALL BSD!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-22 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Good work Marco, thx so much for telling us. I think you deserve a thx, that's why you got one from me!
    Hello Xandili,

I think this is a nice solution, since many people is having problems dealing with the keyboards, and region settings.

Best regards,
    Marco

one last q.. if custom ringtones can be uploaded to itunes7.5 and sync with iphone1.1.2 easily, how bout wallpaper, themes and png?? should i do it the old way??

sorry if i missed it , so this tutorial will not work for an OTB 1.1.2?
    thanks

Hi guys, i installed SSH when i run jailbreak 1.1.2. With a unlocked fw 1.1.2, what is the use of SSH? Can I uninstall it? How?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Hi guys, i installed SSH when i run jailbreak 1.1.2. With a unlocked fw 1.1.2, what is the use of SSH? Can I uninstall it? How?
    Yes, SSH is the key to ongoing management/manipulation of the iPhone. Somethings you can do via having the iPhone actually plugged into the computer (custom ringtones, using MakeiPhoneRingtone for instance) but most thing you will need SSH installed and WinSCP or CyberDuck (or command line SSH) to deal with.

I hope this is helpful.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    It occurs to me that these types of issues may be the result of RESTORE'ing in the final updgrade to v1.1.2 instead of UPDATE'ing... which, would have the effect of wiping out the previous (presumeably successful) AnySim unlock'ing step.

Make sure that you're UPDATE'ing to v1.1.2 and *not* RESTORE'ing. The first two (2) steps deal with RESTORE'ing, however the final step that takes you from v1.1.1 to v1.1.2 - the step after running the AnySim application - is an UPDATE.

Hope this helps... be sure to let the thread know, so others can benefit.
    Right at this moment I am having same problem. I did use restore instead of upgrade as last step. Kindly help me out. Should i restore back to 1.1.1 and then start from there again?

Quote Originally Posted by jt88 View Post
    sorry if i missed it , so this tutorial will not work for an OTB 1.1.2?
    thanks
    Probably not... but it all depends on the version of the bootloader on your iPhone. The current methods only work with bootloader version 3.9_M3S2.

If the iPhone is new, with v1.1.2 OTB, then it is likely that it will *not* work properly, as most newly purchased iPhone with the v1.1.2 firmware also have the new 4.06 bootloader.

You would use the bbupdater program (bbupdater -v) to know what your versions are... and they should match the screen shots/samples at the beginning of this tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by aghazi View Post
    Right at this moment I am having same problem. I did use restore instead of upgrade as last step. Kindly help me out. Should i restore back to 1.1.1 and then start from there again?
    Yes, although it will be a drag and loss of time going back again, I would recommend doing so... and going back to the v1.1.1 release. Actually, to be on the safe side, you might want to virginize the iPhone first (there is a sticky or two that steps you through this) then proceed with the How-To to get the iPhone to the v1.1.2 release.

Just make sure you take your time *and* follow each step properly... renaming AnySim and running on the v1.1.2 release are two main gotchas that are preventing success for people (I have noted several others back on page 18 of this thread.)

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

by the way when i got my phone it was 1.0.2 unlocked. I used this http://iphone.ranova.org/index.shtml guide to upgrade it to 1.1.1. Using iphone without any issue since then.

so here is how I see it;

1- restore back to 1.1.1 using itunes
    2- Virginize, jailbreak, activate, unlock etc. ( I used this http://iphone.ranova.org/index.shtml in past. I think i can use this again right?)
    3- Use this very guide again and do UPDATE instead of restore as last step

kindly confirm. Thanks for your help.

so here is how I see it;

1- restore back to 1.1.1 using itunes
    2- Virginize, jailbreak, activate, unlock etc. ( I used this http://iphone.ranova.org/index.shtml in past. I think i can use this again right?)
    3- Use this very guide again and do UPDATE instead of restore as last step
    I would say that is about right, at least it is very similar to my own road to a successful upgrade... but, that said, I would use this tutorial for the whole thing, vs. using the link you provide and coming back.

Check my post on page 18 (the one with all of the NOTE's) for some additional tips/information about upgrading.

Personally, I used a hybrid approach (detailed in a long post on page 18) that gave me the best of both worlds: being able to start with the v1.1.1 release (bypassing the downgrade to the v1.0.2 release) *and* screen shots along the way.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 05:45 PM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

aghazi (2007-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post

Check my post on page 17 (the one with all of the NOTE's) for some additional tips/information about upgrading.

Personally, I used a hybrid approach (detailed in a long post on page 17) that gave me the best of both worlds: being able to start with the v1.1.1 release (bypassing the downgrade to the v1.0.2 release) *and* screen shots along the way.

Hope this helps.
    I will willing to spend as much time as it takes. Just want iphone up and running nicely. I am on page 17 of this thread but not able to see your long post/guide. Can you point me to it?

Thanks.

I will willing to spend as much time as it takes. Just want iphone up and running nicely. I am on page 17 of this thread but not able to see your long post/guide. Can you point me to it?
    Well, it was page 17 but now it is on page 18... sorry about that. Here's a link to the specific post.

Good luck with it!

For those that found the detailed Mac How-To that contains screen shots, etc. to be useful/easier to follow, the same guy has completed/released a similarly detailed How-To for Windows users. Links below.

I hope this is helpful to everyone trying to get their iPhone's upgraded to the v1.1.2 release. Good luck with it!
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

strangeluvuk (2007-11-22)

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast