Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

ah okay I got it to work. Sweet!

Just curious, what is this about changing the carrier settings? What is that for?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willsterstyle View Post
    ah okay I got it to work. Sweet!

Just curious, what is this about changing the carrier settings? What is that for?
    To fix the crashing issues with foreign SIM's
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    To fix the crashing issues with foreign SIM's
    Ah okay, so if I'm on Rogers in Canada, will I be okay?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willsterstyle View Post
    Ah okay, so if I'm on Rogers in Canada, will I be okay?
    Just use the iWorld tool what can be found within the Installer under Tweaks (1.1.2) and you are on the safe side.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

My phone will not recognize my TMobile SIM I get the incorrect SIM message. I ran through all the steps twice same results any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nophin View Post
    My phone will not recognize my TMobile SIM I get the incorrect SIM message. I ran through all the steps twice same results any help would be appreciated.
    Than you need to go for the virginizing progress!

Should I down grade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 than preform the Virginian procedure?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nophin View Post
    Should I down grade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 than preform the Virginian procedure?
    I would restore to 1.1.1 than use the downgrader for 04.02. from i.unlock.no through your installer, restore one more time to 1.1.1 than use the virginizer for 04.01. (since the downgrader used before brings you back to 04.01.) from i.unlock.no than restore again to 1.1.1 and start all over with the guide! Don't forget to backup!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-22 at 09:52 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

nophin (2007-11-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Sorry, havent read your post carefully - try U.K. or any other country and see what happens!

Other Method would be manually, I have done that before iWorld was released. If you are interested I could send you the HOW TO post!
    Thanx i got it working doing it manually.. My carriers main headqaurters is based in jamaica and they have branches all over the carribbean and live in bermuda ( which is no where near the caribbean)... So i had to put jamaicas Country Code and Bermudas area code and that got it working...... it was alotta trial and error b4 i figured it out......
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr73 View Post
    Thanx i got it working doing it manually.. My carriers main headqaurters is based in jamaica and they have branches all over the carribbean and live in bermuda ( which is no where near the caribbean)... So i had to put jamaicas Country Code and Bermudas area code and that got it working...... it was alotta trial and error b4 i figured it out......
    You're welcome, that's what we are here for - TO HELP EACH OTHER!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

acaijr73 (2007-11-22)

Thanks man, it works great. :-)

Fantastic, how can we thank you. Now using my UK 1.1.2 o2 iPhone using an o2 simcard, fantastic work and tutorial.. Now to update my MP3's.

Again many many thanks...

@it

guys
    i use the method on the 1st page, everything goes smoothly until the part of using anysim1.2 to unlock, it wont unlock..what m i missing in this process, i was so careful in every step i apply, ? should i continue to install the okter tapp? what should be my next step?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    guys
    i use the method on the 1st page, everything goes smoothly until the part of using anysim1.2 to unlock, it wont unlock..what m i missing in this process, i was so careful in every step i apply, ? should i continue to install the okter tapp? what should be my next step?
    thanks
    Have you rename the anySIM12.xxxx.app to anysim.app?...I messed up my Iphone with this too....I will try to go back to 1.1.1 and unlock again...

Regards,
    Primoz

Thanks

guys
    thanks
    Check if you renamed anySIM1.2 to anySIM.app (very important!) and try again, if you still have no success let me know and I walk you through! Also check if you got all the files in your anySIM folder including the executable one.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-22 at 02:11 PM.

Am I ok to use this procedure on my iphone? I'm in the UK and I bought it unlocked on ebay from the US. I upgraded it to 1.1.1 and it is currently anysim unlocked.

If I'm OK to continue... Scanning the previous 19 pages, there appear to have been further amendments mentioned. Are they incorporated in the process at the start of this thread?

All the best

Strangie.

Quote Originally Posted by cadugauch View Post
    Here is the original guide...for MAC

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html
    Thanks for posting this. Worked like a charm to update my 1.1.1 iphone jailbroken and unlocked with anysim to 1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked. This guide was awesome, very detailed with pictures.

Prior to this I was at 1.0.2 and unlocked. Then virginized and upgraded to 1.1.1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strangeluvuk View Post
    Am I ok to use this procedure on my iphone? I'm in the UK and I bought it unlocked on ebay from the US. I upgraded it to 1.1.1 and it is currently anysim unlocked.

If I'm OK to continue... Scanning the previous 19 pages, there appear to have been further amendments mentioned. Are they incorporated in the process at the start of this thread?

All the best

Strangie.
    First check your bootloader as mentioned in the guide if it matches, YES YOU ARE SAFE!!!

Update:
    yes i rename the anysim folder to anysim.app, and GOOD NEWS i have unlock the phone SUCCESSFULLY! but how come when i insert my sim it says "no service"?? should i continue with the step -install okter tapp and update to v1.1.2??

Thanks

Update:
    yes i rename the anysim folder to anysim.app, and GOOD NEWS i have unlock the phone SUCCESSFULLY! but how come when i insert my sim it says "no service"?? should i continue with the step -install okter tapp and update to v1.1.2??
    Running Firmware 1.1.1 you will not have service, it will be back after you UPGRADE to 1.1.2, please note UPDATE and do not restore! (Couple of guys restored instead of upgrading and than couldn't jailbreak 1.1.2, what of course can't work because they wiped oktoprep and everything else out)
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-22 at 02:36 PM.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast