Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post

I hope all of this is helping more than it is hurting... best wishes and good luck with it!
    Yep. If I were you I'd start my own thread with this information. Revan's guide is just a bit too scrambled and is getting people into trouble (the amount of PM's I've received today after linking to this guide is ridiculous ). I'm now pointing people to the links you've posted.

Quote Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
    Yep. If I were you I'd start my own thread with this information. Revan's guide is just a bit too scrambled and is getting people into trouble (the amount of PM's I've received today after linking to this guide is ridiculous ). I'm now pointing people to the links you've posted.
    I am fairly sure that Poetic or Cash will release a very nice How-To, complete with screenshots, etc... in typical MMI style. In the meantime, I'll just keep posting the gospel and hope the average bear becomes smart enough to use the 'search' feature...

Anyway, glad to have been of assistance.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 06:02 AM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Ok, i also have one more quick question. I can get 1.1.1 jailbroke and appsnapp running... I install oktoprep.... then I update to 1.1.2. As soon as this is complete, what happened to appsnapp? Its like I did absolutley nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboXSEvoVIII View Post
    Ok, i also have one more quick question. I can get 1.1.1 jailbroke and appsnapp running... I install oktoprep.... then I update to 1.1.2. As soon as this is complete, what happened to appsnapp? Its like I did absolutley nothing!
    First off, it sounds like you are in a really good spot... congratulations.

Secondly, the update to v1.1.2 update (or restore for that matter) will wipe out any existing non-native Apple applications... like AppSnap.

Thirdly and however, and this is the good news, although the v1.1.2 update wipes out any existing non-native Apple applications, the AnySim unlock that is applied to the v1.1.1. firmware remains intact.... and (as if that wasn't good enough news) the phone remains jailbroken and accessible via SSH, WinSCP, CyberDuck, etc.

Hope this helps! (I need a new line to end with... oh well.)
    - iPhoneWriter.com

gotch ya. So I take it appsnapp does not currently work with 1.1.2? If this is the case, how can I get service on 1.1.1? Im a legit ATT customer, why doesnt itunes activate my iphone? Like i said before, iPHUC just lets me get past the emergency screen, still no bars. Sorry about all this

gotch ya. So I take it appsnapp does not currently work with 1.1.2?
    Actually, I am not sure as I always use CyberDuck (WinSCP) to access the filesystem on my iPhone, i.e. put applications in the /Applications folder. I can tell you that using this method allowed me to put the Installer.app directly onto my iPhone... the Installer.app seems to work just fine under the 1.1.2 release.

If this is the case, how can I get service on 1.1.1? Im a legit ATT customer, why doesnt itunes activate my iphone? Like i said before, iPHUC just lets me get past the emergency screen, still no bars.
    Not sure why you wouldn't be able to use iTunes to activate the iPhone.. since, as you note, you are a legitimate AT&T subscriber. For me, I choose to use the AnySim application to allow me to use my T-Mobile sim.. so, when it comes to activation, I used iNdependence (activated under the v1.1.1 step of the How-To... then, no need to activate again as the following upgrade to v1.1.2 is an UPDATE and *not* a restore.) That said, although I am happily and successfully on the v1.1.2 release, iNdependence no longer works for me at least until a compatible release comes out!

Good luck with it!
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 05:51 AM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

That's the corrupted TIFF file that exploits a flaw in Safari and allows the whole JailBreak thing to happen.... given what you describe, it sounds like you are already on a version of the iPhone firmware that is patched to no longer have the flaw... 1.1.2 fixed this. Either that, or you have already run the JailBreakMe.com exploit, which also patches the flaw during the process it runs.

Hope this helps!
    I'm a bit confused here. I have already run jailbreakme to upgrade from 1.02 to 1.1.1. So you're saying I can't use it again to jail break to 1.1.2? uh oh what do I do then??

ok... i understand that anysim1.2.1u needs to be changed to anysim.app before moving it to the iphone... i set permissions to 0755... but the anysim application still doesnt work... i never see the successful unlock message... the steps i took where...
    restored 1.1.1
    virginized 1.1.1
    restored 1.1.2
    downgraded to 1.1.1
    used any sim to unlock
    upgraded back to 1.1.2 and the unlock doesnt stick....
    ANy suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ford092 View Post
    ok... i understand that anysim1.2.1u needs to be changed to anysim.app before moving it to the iphone... i set permissions to 0755... but the anysim application still doesnt work... i never see the successful unlock message... the steps i took where...
    restored 1.1.1
    virginized 1.1.1
    restored 1.1.2
    downgraded to 1.1.1
    used any sim to unlock
    upgraded back to 1.1.2 and the unlock doesnt stick....
    ANy suggestions?
    NOTE: Make sure you are running AnySim on the 1.1.1 release *not* the 1.1.2 release.

NOTE: Make sure you are changing the permissions recursively, so as to apply them (the 0755 permissions) to all of the files within the AnySim.app file.

Hopefully, this will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by willsterstyle View Post
    I'm a bit confused here. I have already run jailbreakme to upgrade from 1.02 to 1.1.1. So you're saying I can't use it again to jail break to 1.1.2? uh oh what do I do then??
    If you are on v1.1.2, then you need to run this jailbreak. Assuming you are unlock'd (as desired) an on the v1.1.2 release. If you are not unlock'd but want to be, and you're already on the v1.1.2 release, then you will need to start over... from scratch and make sure you execute the renamed AnySim.app on the v1.1.1 release... then, UPDATE (not restore!) to the v1.1.2 release and run tehn JailBreak application linked to above.

See my previous post (on page 17, the one with all of the NOTE's) for links to two other How-To's... one of which, the one referred to as the "longer How-To" has some great screen shots to go along with the How-To's.

As always. I hope this helps!
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Default Jailbreak/DownGrade/UpGrade to 1.1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Tested and working on two phones Unlocked (anySIM 1.1, with previously virginized baseband) iPhone with 1.1.1 firmware and 04.01.13_G modem, bootloader 3.9_M3S2, iTunes 7.5, and Windows Vista.

Only for desperate measures, please ADD me on my Yahoo! IM. Will help you out personally with your problems.

Thanks to Dev Team, iPhone-Elite team, jjgsxr883, Mark @ hacktheiphone.com and callx for your work.

Before we begin, download the following:

Phase 1 :: Checking your bootloader version
    For those of you who have owned an iPhone prior to November 9th, then you can skip this step. If you don't otherwise know any better, you might want to verify what bootloader you have on your iPhone right now.

First you will need to have bbupdater installed in your /usr/bin folder. I will not provide this file. Google for it, or check the usual forums. Use the Terminal to login to the iPhone via SSH. Enter the following commands:

Code:
    launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
    bbupdater -v
    Your results better match those below as far as the bootloader is concerned. If they don't, then DO NOT proceed!

When you are done checking, restart your iPhone.

Phase 2 :: Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    1. Restore the iPhone to 1.1.2 firmware by putting the iPhone into DFU mode. Do this by pressing and holding the Home button, and the Sleep/Wake button.
    2. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and you will get this pop up. The iPhone will display this graphic.
    3. Click the SHIFT + Restore button or on a Mac (your keyboard key) and point it towards the 1.1.2 firmware you downloaded.
    4. Various messages will appear while the process continues.
    5. The iPhone will restart, and iTunes will display this image.
    6. The iPhone will display the new multi-lingual emergency slider and connect to iTunes graphic. You are now on 1.1.2 firmware with the new 04.02.13_G modem firmware.

Phase 3 :: Downgrade back to 1.1.1
    • Downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware. You need to put the iPhone into DFU mode again. The restore should, go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.
    • Download a working copy of iPhuc and issue the following commands:
      cmd setenv auto-boot true
      cmd saveenv
      cmd fsboot

Jailbreak by following the below method:
    1. On the Activation Screen, slide the Emergency Screen.
    2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and display 1 Calling.
    3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 0.
    4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.
    5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.
    6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.
    7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.

Unlock using anySIM1.2.1u
    1. Run Installer and install BSD Subsystem & OpenSSH
    2. Extract the anySIM.app folder from anySIM1.2.1u.zip onto a folder.
    3. Download WinSCP
    4. Check the IP issued by your WiFi for your phone, it should something like 192.168.xx.xx
    5. Run WinSCP and enter the IP as asked above, and put the username: root & password: alpine
    6. Wait for 30-35 secs and you will be asked to add a host key (big dialog box) say Yes
    7. After login into your phone, goto root -> Applications and copy the anySIM.app folder there and chmod all the files inside the anySIM.app folder to 0755 (by selecting all files and click on Properties)
    8. PowerOff your phone and put the original AT&T SIM
    9. PowerOn & now you will find the anySIM icon on your SpringBoard. Goto Settings > General > Auto-lock change it to Never.
    10. Run anySIM
    11. After it shows the "Successfully unlocked message".
    12. Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

(I). Launch Installer.app
    (II). Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)
    (III). Select OktoPrep
    (IV). Click Install

Phase 4 :: Upgrade to 1.1.2 - Thanks callx
    What you'll need:

Extra tools for the optional steps:

1. Connect your phone to iTunes.
    2. Do either Download & Install or press SHIFT + Update button and point it to the v1.1.2 firmware you downloaded manually.
    3. Jailbreak 1.1.2
      - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
      - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
      - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
      Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
      - Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
      - Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
      - Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
      e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402
      - Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
      - Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
      - Open putty and connect to your phone
      - Type bash at the prompt
      - Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
      - Type ln -s NUMBER YOURCARRIER.plist
      e.g ln -s 33402 Telcel.plist
      - Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
      - Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
      - You should be set, no reboot needed

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional*
      - In Installer, look under Tweaks v1.1.2
      - Install iWorld select your country from the list and its done :-)

To know the Change Log of v1.1.2 go here
    From Buang:
    This method you wrote here works for me.
    Additional comment I shall add will be as follows:
    If the Iphone has upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 (after fixing the baseband, NVRAM & Seczone) by utilizing the Virginator Pack 0.4 (i.e.: and the Iphone is currently running on 1.1.1), You may jump the whole step and start from Unlock using anySIM1.2.1u, then follow the restof Revan's mentioned procedures.
    Thanks Revan for your hard work in putting this into the forum.
    Buang

Quote Originally Posted by buangsampah2003 View Post
    If the Iphone has upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 (after fixing the baseband, NVRAM & Seczone) by utilizing the Virginator Pack 0.4 (i.e.: and the Iphone is currently running on 1.1.1), You may jump the whole step and start from Unlock using anySIM1.2.1u, then follow the restof Revan's mentioned procedures.
    Exactly... just make sure you rename the AnySim1.2.1u application to AnySim.app *and* to change the permissions recursively! These two points alone account for most of the PM's I receive.

Best wishes, good luck.. and, of course, hope this helps more than it hurts!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Morning guys! iPhoneWriter: could you help out fixing the issue with youtube? I am too lazy to read back all the posts!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-22 at 07:04 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    I had finally got mine working flawlessly this morning in about 30 mins, the thing that fixed my issue was renaming the AnySim1.2.1.app to AnySim.app, then that finally unlocked my iPhone under the 1.1.1 firmware with the 1.2.1 modem baseband, then I did the oktoprep, upgraded the firmware, jailbroke finally worked, and now Im good.

Used OneSim

Restored too 1.1.2

Downgraded too 1.1.1

Jailbroke and installed AnySim1.2.1 after renaming it too AnySim.app (before anysim would go through copying firmware files or something like that then would immediately close with an error)

Installed oktoprep

Upgraded the software

Ran updated jailbreak for 1.2.1

Everything's good now.
    So this is a critical thing to do...cause I have followed step-by-step but I`m stuck with incorrect SIM...I think I had to use my SIM and not At&T SIM...will try to rename the anysim...thanks for sharing...

Regards,
    Primoz

Yup, renaming the AnySim v1.2.1u to "AnySim.app" (without the quotes) is critical to success... that along with a handful of other important notes through out this thread... some of which I compiled on page 17 (look for the post with all of the NOTE's.)

Hope this is helpful for you!

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Morning guys! iPhoneWriter: could you fix the issue with youtube? I am too lazy to read back all the posts!
    Welcome back, Xandili.. and, good timing as I am due for my requisite 4-5 hours of sleep now.

Not sure how/if the YouTube issue finally got resolved for everyone... at least one person (could be the only person at this point?) had success with the YouTube fixit application you referred them to though.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

Primoz78 (2007-11-22)

Thanks

Welcome back, Xandili.. and, good timing as I am due for my requisite 4-5 hours of sleep now.

Not sure how/if the YouTube issue finally got resolved for everyone... at least one person (could be the only person at this point?) had success with the YouTube fixit application you referred them to though.
    thx for the info, sleep well, Thank God it is 7.10 a.m. here , lol

I will be here helping out for a while ...
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-22 at 07:14 AM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Sleep well, Thank God it is 7.10 a.m. here , lol

I will be here helping out for a while ...
    Yeah, it's GMT -6 here, so a little after 12:00am on Thursday 11/22 (our Thanksgiving holiday this year.)

Looks like there are a few people remaining who will appreciate your assistance, and I will feel good knowing someone is monitoring their questions.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

Yeah, it's GMT -6 here, so a little after 12:00am on Thursday 11/22 (our Thanksgiving holiday this year.)

Looks like there are a few people remaining who will appreciate your assistance, and I will feel good knowing someone is monitoring their questions.
    Happy Thanksgiving

guys what if i dont have an AT&T sim ? will this method work
    thanks

Happy Thanksgiving
    Thanks.. it's over the river and through the woods day.

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    thanks
    You bet! I haven't had my AT&T sim in my iPhone since the glory days of unlocking v1.0.2. I keep it safe, just in case I have to take my phone into the Apple store one day, but otherwise there's no need for it (unless you are already a part of the Death Star.)

As always, of course, hope this helps!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    thanks
    You are on the safe side ... my AT&T SIM is dusty and somewhere stored, i dont know, where nobody can find it ..., lol

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast