Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

Quote Originally Posted by liv2wrshp View Post
    Ok, mine went through the whole process fine with iDemocracy. I installed anysim 1.2.1u and ran it. It froze halfway through and rebooted. It is now in a cycle of rebooting every 10 minutes or so. I can browse files from iDemocracy and my computer acts like it's connected, but if I look at the iPhone, it's just the apple logo with the spinning wheel. Any help?

Restore to 1.1.1 and start from then on...

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Have you tried the Youtube Activation Tool what can be found within the Unlocking Tools after you add the new source http://i.unlock.no to your installer?
    Thanks i will try youtube activation tool.
    thank you

All I can say is flawless. Followed the instructions step by step and now 1.1.2 working fine on T-mobile UK.

Quote Originally Posted by frank358fr View Post
    Thanks i will try youtube activation tool.
    thank you
    Be sure to share your results with the thread, in the interest of helping others who may have the same issue.

- iPhoneWriter.com

Is this step critical "PowerOff your phone and put the original AT&T SIM"?

The only sim I have to put in my iPhone is my valid cingular sim. My used iPhone did not come with any original sim.

Quote Originally Posted by pcm2a View Post

The only sim I have to put in my iPhone is my valid cingular sim. My used iPhone did not come with any original sim.
    Att's sim is not required at all....

Quote Originally Posted by pcm2a View Post

I successfully completed the entire How-To with my T-Mobile SIM in the phone. In fact, I haven't had my AT&T sim in the phone since originally unlocking back when v1.0.2 as the latest/greatest thing.

Hope this helps...
    - iPhoneWriter.com

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had finally got mine working flawlessly this morning in about 30 mins, the thing that fixed my issue was renaming the AnySim1.2.1.app to AnySim.app, then that finally unlocked my iPhone under the 1.1.1 firmware with the 1.2.1 modem baseband, then I did the oktoprep, upgraded the firmware, jailbroke finally worked, and now Im good.

Used OneSim

Restored too 1.1.2

Downgraded too 1.1.1

Jailbroke and installed AnySim1.2.1 after renaming it too AnySim.app (before anysim would go through copying firmware files or something like that then would immediately close with an error)

Installed oktoprep

Upgraded the software

Ran updated jailbreak for 1.2.1

Everything's good now.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Youtube works after installing Youtube activation tool Thank you MMi
    Last edited by frank358fr; 2007-11-22 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    I had finally got mine working flawlessly this morning... Everything's good now.
    Excellent news! Thanks for sharing your high-level steps too. The renaming of the AnySim application is definitely a *critical step* to success.

I wonder how many people have gotten jam'd up becuase of not following that step..? IMHO this issue and the RESTORING instead of UPGRADING on the final move to the v1.1.2 release are the two largest culprits for causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by frank358fr View Post
    hi everyone, i tried the activation tool but i got the same proble: cannot connect to youtube.
    Anyone have any idea to make it work.
    thank you
    Wi-Fi and Edge are working, correct? So, Maps and Safari and Mail are able to access/work without issue?

Quote Originally Posted by nzbullet View Post
    ...Now I wasn't sure how well this was gonna work or if it would at all as I re-virginized using Geo's method, you know, the one where it writes zero's to your seczone. Any way I decided to give it a go... All done. I now have a 1.1.2 Unlocked, Activated & Jailbroken on Vodafone NZ... I am not sure if the problems I had were because of the seczone issue or not.
    In case this helps others who may be wondering if this v1.1.2 How-To will iBrick their phones that were revirginized using the Geo method...

I also used the Geo method to revirginize my phone, in order to upgrade to v1.1.1 a few weeks ago (when v1.1.1 was the latest/greatest.) Anyway, having used this method *did not* cause me any problems when stepping through the current v1.1.2 How-To.

In fact, as a test, I also *did not* follow the first step of running OneSim to "correct" any damage that was supossedly done using the Geo method to revirginize. No problems at all... everything worked as detailed, the first time.

Anyway, hope this helps.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Youtube works after installing youtube activation tool!!!
    Last edited by frank358fr; 2007-11-22 at 04:41 AM.

Default Need proper method plzz
    Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with us I have version 1.1.1 with the normal baseband 04.01.xx which comes with 1.1.1 default and it is unlocked. Any tested process to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. I personaly tried upgrading and tried to unlock it with anySIM1.2.1u but it get stucked while unlocking? Any idea or tested process which i can try on my iPhone??

Thanks in advance
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Tested and working on two phones Unlocked (anySIM 1.1, with previously virginized baseband) iPhone with 1.1.1 firmware and 04.01.13_G modem, bootloader 3.9_M3S2, iTunes 7.5, and Windows Vista.

Only for desperate measures, please ADD me on my Yahoo! IM. Will help you out personally with your problems.

Thanks to Dev Team, iPhone-Elite team, jjgsxr883, Mark @ hacktheiphone.com and callx for your work.

Before we begin, download the following:

Phase 1 :: Checking your bootloader version
    For those of you who have owned an iPhone prior to November 9th, then you can skip this step. If you don't otherwise know any better, you might want to verify what bootloader you have on your iPhone right now.

First you will need to have bbupdater installed in your /usr/bin folder. I will not provide this file. Google for it, or check the usual forums. Use the Terminal to login to the iPhone via SSH. Enter the following commands:

Code:
    launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
    bbupdater -v
    Your results better match those below as far as the bootloader is concerned. If they don't, then DO NOT proceed!

When you are done checking, restart your iPhone.

Phase 2 :: Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    1. Restore the iPhone to 1.1.2 firmware by putting the iPhone into DFU mode. Do this by pressing and holding the Home button, and the Sleep/Wake button.
    2. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and you will get this pop up. The iPhone will display this graphic.
    3. Click the SHIFT + Restore button or on a Mac (your keyboard key) and point it towards the 1.1.2 firmware you downloaded.
    4. Various messages will appear while the process continues.
    5. The iPhone will restart, and iTunes will display this image.
    6. The iPhone will display the new multi-lingual emergency slider and connect to iTunes graphic. You are now on 1.1.2 firmware with the new 04.02.13_G modem firmware.

Phase 3 :: Downgrade back to 1.1.1
    • Downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware. You need to put the iPhone into DFU mode again. The restore should, go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.
    • Download a working copy of iPhuc and issue the following commands:
      cmd setenv auto-boot true
      cmd saveenv
      cmd fsboot

Jailbreak by following the below method:
    1. On the Activation Screen, slide the Emergency Screen.
    2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and display 1 Calling.
    3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 0.
    4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.
    5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.
    6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.
    7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.

Unlock using anySIM1.2.1u
    1. Run Installer and install BSD Subsystem & OpenSSH
    2. Extract the anySIM.app folder from anySIM1.2.1u.zip onto a folder.
    3. Download WinSCP
    4. Check the IP issued by your WiFi for your phone, it should something like 192.168.xx.xx
    5. Run WinSCP and enter the IP as asked above, and put the username: root & password: alpine
    6. Wait for 30-35 secs and you will be asked to add a host key (big dialog box) say Yes
    7. After login into your phone, goto root -> Applications and copy the anySIM.app folder there and chmod all the files inside the anySIM.app folder to 0755 (by selecting all files and click on Properties)
    8. PowerOff your phone and put the original AT&T SIM
    9. PowerOn & now you will find the anySIM icon on your SpringBoard. Goto Settings > General > Auto-lock change it to Never.
    10. Run anySIM
    11. After it shows the "Successfully unlocked message".
    12. Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

(I). Launch Installer.app
    (II). Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)
    (III). Select OktoPrep
    (IV). Click Install

Phase 4 :: Upgrade to 1.1.2 - Thanks callx
    What you'll need:

Extra tools for the optional steps:

1. Connect your phone to iTunes.
    2. Do either Download & Install or press SHIFT + Update button and point it to the v1.1.2 firmware you downloaded manually.
    3. Jailbreak 1.1.2
      - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
      - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
      - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
      Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
      - Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
      - Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
      - Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
      e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402
      - Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
      - Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
      - Open putty and connect to your phone
      - Type bash at the prompt
      - Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
      - Type ln -s NUMBER YOURCARRIER.plist
      e.g ln -s 33402 Telcel.plist
      - Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
      - Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
      - You should be set, no reboot needed

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional*
      - In Installer, look under Tweaks v1.1.2
      - Install iWorld select your country from the list and its done :-)

To know the Change Log of v1.1.2 go here

Quote Originally Posted by waseem3761 View Post
    Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with us I have version 1.1.1 with the normal baseband 04.01.xx which comes with 1.1.1 default and it is unlocked. Any tested process to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. I personaly tried upgrading and tried to unlock it with anySIM1.2.1u but it get stucked while unlocking? Any idea or tested process which i can try on my iPhone??
    Did you rename the AnySim application before installing it? (it needs to renamed to "AnySim.app", without the quotes.)

Hope this helps.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

what do i use the patch lock down file for? and how do i use it? there are no steps in phase 5 explaining its use..... thank you

Hi guys,

when I try to go to jailbreakme.com and I follow the step to install appsnap or whatever, it just directs me to this:
    http://jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff. I've been waiting for awhile and nothing is happening
    what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by willsterstyle View Post
    Hi guys,

when I try to go to jailbreakme.com and I follow the step to install appsnap or whatever, it just directs me to this:
    http://jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff. I've been waiting for awhile and nothing is happening
    what is going on?
    That's the corrupted TIFF file that exploits a flaw in Safari and allows the whole JailBreak thing to happen.... given what you describe, it sounds like you are already on a version of the iPhone firmware that is patched to no longer have the flaw... 1.1.2 fixed this. Either that, or you have already run the JailBreakMe.com exploit, which also patches the flaw during the process it runs.

Hope this helps!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Can someone get Revan to update the guide? He at least needs to add the "rename the AnySIM1.2.app folder to AnySIM.app. That's an essential step

Quote Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
    Can someone get Revan to update the guide? He at least needs to add the "rename the AnySIM1.2.app folder to AnySIM.app. That's an essential step
    In the interest of helping as many people of possible, and in the interest of providing as much information as possible on which to base your own upgrading decisions, here is some information I have compiled, as a result of successfully completing the upgrade to v1.1.2 *and* helping a few others who've encountered issues along the way. IMMV, take it for what it's worth.

NOTE: This is a great, and up to date How-To that works for Mac and PC. This How-To is a little shorter than others too.

NOTE: Also, this is a great How-To for Mac users, complete with screen shots, etc.

NOTE: You'll notice after reviewing the two How-To's that they are virtually the same, with the only real difference being the tools required for the particular platform (Windows vs. Mac.)

NOTE: AnySim is all about unlocking the phone for use on networks other than the one your phone is locked to OOTB... for me, this is the only reason I play the cat/mouse game; to unlock the phone and use it on T-Mobile instead of the dreaded AT&T mothership.

NOTE: One of the steps is to rename the AnySim1.2.1.app application to AnySim.app - make sure that you do this, as this is one of the main causes for peoples issues.

NOTE: The original How-To posted on MMI had an initial step of using the OneSim.app to re-virginize the iPhone's modem baseband... I *did not* follow this step, having successfully virginized with this How-To prior to going to the v1.1.1 release a few weeks ago... before the v1.1.2 release was even around, ah those were the days. Anyway, this *does not* mean you shouldn't use the OneSim.app, I'm just being clear that I skipped that step.

NOTE: At a high-level, my own succesfull upgrade path looked like this:

[start]
    Unlocked v1.1.1 (previously virginized, via link posted above)
    -> *restored* to v1.1.2 (lost unlock but did not brick!)
    -> *restored* to v1.1.1 and re-unlocked using AnySimv1.2.1u
    -> *updated* to v1.1.2 with unlock maintained.
    [end]

NOTE: Notice the *'s above. Another main cause of people's issues is doing a RESTORE everytime... which it not what is called for or detailed in the instructions... the final move to v1.1.2 is an UPDATE.

NOTE: Whichever How-To you follow (they all do basically the same thing) make sure that you:

-- take your time
    -- read each step thoroughly, *before* you start it, and make sure you are clear on exactly what to do... *before* you start it.
    -- compare the steps (shorter How-To) to the screen shots (longer How-To.) Having both open so you can toggle between them is a really good idea.

Personally, I found the hybrid method of using the shorter How-To combined with the longer How-To to be very effective... consulting the longer How-To for each of the particular screen shots... as I stepped through the shorter How-To.

I hope all of this is helping more than it is hurting... best wishes and good luck with it!
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 05:26 AM. Reason: correct typos, grammar or the like.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Why is it that I can get 1.0.2 to work fine and 1.1.2 to work fine, But when I try to get 1.1.1 running, it wont activate...no service bars. I still cant get It to work with the iPHUC commands, it never gives me my service back. I tried itunes...nothing. Ill only get service on 1.0.2 and 1.1.2!! What am i doing wrong here?? thanks alot guys

Quote Originally Posted by TurboXSEvoVIII View Post
    Why is it that I can get 1.0.2 to work fine and 1.1.2 to work fine, But when I try to get 1.1.1 running, it wont activate...no service bars. I still cant get It to work with the iPHUC commands, it never gives me my service back. I tried itunes...nothing. Ill only get service on 1.0.2 and 1.1.2!! What am i doing wrong here?? thanks alot guys
    Actually, as I recall from my own process, you are not doing anything wrong. Since you can get wi-fi access with the 1.1.1 release, that's all you need to move forward. Once you get to 1.1.2, the telephone functionality comes back and life returns to normal. I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, in more detail, as well (not sure, might be a different thread, but definitely on MMI.)

Hope this helps!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast