Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Please let me know how things worked out, just remember under 1.1.1 you will not have service even if anySIM is successful. Service will not be back until you UPGRADE to 1.1.2.
    oneSIM & anySIM are not working with 1.1.2 - your phone will freeze!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 06:58 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

looks like this will not work.
    one sim gives an error "onesim cannotrelock this phone. one sim will now quit. please turn off your phone and turn it on again after one sim quits"

i tried twice, but same thing.

i may just have to revirginize and start from scratch...*sigh*
    im just more upset that i lost all my contacts and pictures.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Followed guide Works 100% thanks revan + iphonewriter

I am in phase 4 and everytime i restart the phone it reverts back to the DUF mode.... Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dadilly View Post
    looks like this will not work.
    one sim gives an error "onesim cannotrelock this phone. one sim will now quit. please turn off your phone and turn it on again after one sim quits"

i tried twice, but same thing.

i may just have to revirginize and start from scratch...*sigh*
    im just more upset that i lost all my contacts and pictures.
    Seems you need to downgrade baseband, virginize and start all over!

Quote Originally Posted by ford092 View Post
    I am in phase 4 and everytime i restart the phone it reverts back to the DUF mode.... Any thoughts?
    I guess you meant recovery mode. If you are in 1.1.1 and can't kick your baby out of recovery mode than just restore again to 1.1.1 and use independence and it will work!!!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

i updated to 1.1.2 just like the guide says but i have no service.... what are the steps i need to take to start over? and try again....

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok im back, last night i stayed up till 12:30 am to get it to work so it's safe to say i woke up today at 5:30 with swollen eyes
    now i left work extremely early to try to get this phone to work

im at the same step, when i click INSTALL APPSNAP, it goes directly to the springboard, and nothing happens

im thinking of downgrading to 1.0.2 with ibrickr and continue to upgrade to 1.1.2 through 1.0.2

there dont seem many options for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ford092 View Post
    i updated to 1.1.2 just like the guide says but i have no service.... what are the steps i need to take to start over? and try again....
    Start all over and make sure you reverse your changes made by anySIM using oneSIM!

im so tired! lol

i dont know which virginizer tool i should use?

im on 1.1.1. with modem 4.02

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apercele79 View Post
    ok im back, last night i stayed up till 12:30 am to get it to work so it's safe to say i woke up today at 5:30 with swollen eyes
    now i left work extremely early to try to get this phone to work

im at the same step, when i click INSTALL APPSNAP, it goes directly to the springboard, and nothing happens

im thinking of downgrading to 1.0.2 with ibrickr and continue to upgrade to 1.1.2 through 1.0.2

there dont seem many options for me
    What I don't get is: You are able to kick your phone out of recovery mode in 1.1.1 but not able to jailbreak it, right? Restore to 1.0.2 run the oneSIM and start all over. If it still doesn't work I would downgrade baseband to 03.14.08 and virginize than start all over without oneSIM!

Green Apple
    Thanks

do you a have a writeup from 1.0.2 which is user friendly?

for example, which jailbreak do i use in 1.0.2 once i downgrade, since i have 80 different programs on my desktop? i have tried so many diff things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dadilly View Post
    im so tired! lol

i dont know which virginizer tool i should use?

im on 1.1.1. with modem 4.02
    In installer add this source http://i.unlock.no and in the newly generated Unlocking Tools use their 04.02.13 downgrader, than you can choose between a virignizer for 03.14 or 04.01.

do you a have a writeup from 1.0.2 which is user friendly?

for example, which jailbreak do i use in 1.0.2 once i downgrade, since i have 80 different programs on my desktop? i have tried so many diff things
    I dont have a write up but you can use ibrickr or independence both work just fine!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Followed guide Works 100% thanks revan + iphonewriter
    Glad you got it all worked out!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Hi,

I'm with the new firmware 1.1.2 but youtube doesnt work? So I changed to 1.1.1 and youtube works but when I changed it to 1.1.2 it doesnt work? Anyone have the 3 cert for youtube? Need help.
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frank358fr View Post
    Hi,

I'm with the new firmware 1.1.2 but youtube doesnt work? So I changed to 1.1.1 and youtube works but when I changed it to 1.1.2 it doesnt work? Anyone have the 3 cert for youtube? Need help.
    Thanks
    Have you tried the Youtube Activation Tool what can be found within the Unlocking Tools after you add the new source http://i.unlock.no to your installer?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 08:47 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Wow!
    Ok so I thought I would share my upgrade to 1.1.2 experience.

I fortunately have two macs, a mini and a macbook. As I was following this guide I thought I would boot into to Vista on my macbook. Downloaded all the nessesary files and I was ready to go.

Now I wasn't sure how well this was gonna work or if it would at all as I re-virginized using Geo's method, you know, the one where it writes zero's to your seczone. Any way I decided to give it a go, hey what's the worst that could happen??

Phase 1 - OK, everything looked as it should

Phase 2 - COOL, No problems all went smooth

Phase 3 - SWEET, This was all going really well!

Phase 4 - Oh B@[email protected]!, I couldn't get the iPhone to show anything on the screen, Vista was recognizing it as beeing connected, but iTunes wasn't and neither was iPhuc.

After about an hour of trying to get it to connect I decide to hook it up to my mac.

SWEET, iTunes recognized it and I could downgrade to 1.1.1, however once this was complete iPhuc would not recognise it and I couldn't run the commands

Then I connected it to Vista where iPhuc picked it up but I still couldn't get the commands to work.

Connected back to my mac and started to follow the mac guide, using independence (kicked it out of DFU mode). Nice now I could follow the rest of the steps on this guide.

Tired to continue with phase 4 with no luck. It didn't like jailbreakme.com, everytime I went there it just kept going back to the Activate screen.

Hmmmm what to do, I know back to the mac guide.

I Followed the steps of the mac guide over at iclarified.com, to take it down to 1.02

SWEET, back in action again followed the rest of the guide at iclarified.com upto and including step 10. Steps 11 onwards were not nessesary.

Did a few tests, had problems with the calls not coming through, so I used iWorld to fix.

All done. I now have a 1.1.2 Unlocked, Activated & Jailbroken on Vodafone NZ.

I am not sure if the problems I had were because of the seczone issue or not. The whole process took me about 7 hours, half a dozen coffees and a few grey hairs. I probably tried getting the iPhone in and out of DFU mode about 20 times, throughout the whole process.

ahhh the things we do for Love!

Hey...thanx a lot for your extensive guide....

One advise I tell all the people trying to get it to work: FOLLOW THE EXACT STEPS...IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF AN IPHONE GURU JUST FOLLOW THEM

On the other hand....I'm confused about the Carrier.plist thing, actually it'd be very useful if I could just download the Telcel.plist thingy for my iphone (yes...I'm from México)

What confuses me is that I see a lot of carrier files in xml format but actually it's quite confusing to know what to edit....any help would be greatly appreciated.

And by doing this....what changes will I actually be seeing in my iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by nzbullet View Post
    Ok so I thought I would share my upgrade to 1.1.2 experience.

I fortunately have two macs, a mini and a macbook. As I was following this guide I thought I would boot into to Vista on my macbook. Downloaded all the nessesary files and I was ready to go.

Now I wasn't sure how well this was gonna work or if it would at all as I re-virginized using Geo's method, you know, the one where it writes zero's to your seczone. Any way I decided to give it a go, hey what's the worst that could happen??

Phase 1 - OK, everything looked as it should

Phase 2 - COOL, No problems all went smooth

Phase 3 - SWEET, This was all going really well!

Phase 4 - Oh B@[email protected]!, I couldn't get the iPhone to show anything on the screen, Vista was recognizing it as beeing connected, but iTunes wasn't and neither was iPhuc.

After about an hour of trying to get it to connect I decide to hook it up to my mac.

SWEET, iTunes recognized it and I could downgrade to 1.1.1, however once this was complete iPhuc would not recognise it and I couldn't run the commands

Then I connected it to Vista where iPhuc picked it up but I still couldn't get the commands to work.

Connected back to my mac and started to follow the mac guide, using independence (kicked it out of DFU mode). Nice now I could follow the rest of the steps on this guide.

Tired to continue with phase 4 with no luck. It didn't like jailbreakme.com, everytime I went there it just kept going back to the Activate screen.

Hmmmm what to do, I know back to the mac guide.

I Followed the steps of the mac guide over at iclarified.com, to take it down to 1.02

SWEET, back in action again followed the rest of the guide at iclarified.com upto and including step 10. Steps 11 onwards were not nessesary.

Did a few tests, had problems with the calls not coming through, so I used iWorld to fix.

All done. I now have a 1.1.2 Unlocked, Activated & Jailbroken on Vodafone NZ.

I am not sure if the problems I had were because of the seczone issue or not. The whole process took me about 7 hours, half a dozen coffees and a few grey hairs. I probably tried getting the iPhone in and out of DFU mode about 20 times, throughout the whole process.

ahhh the things we do for Love!
    It happened to me as well dude...but the trick was not using AnySIM provided in the beginning of this tutorial....that's why the screen kept in black or trying to boot (tried it 3 times).

I feared I had to downgrade all the way to 1.0.2 but no....just needed to downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbroke it and followed the steps and from then on...it was SWEET!!! (Actually I had an iBrick FW 1.1.2 for a couple of times)
    Last edited by Shake; 2007-11-21 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

got it to work, my at&t sim works but my european sim doesnt, i get the following message:
    THERE IS NO CARRIER THAT SUPPORTS THE INSTALLED SIM CARD IN THE IPHONE, PLEASE DISCONNECT AND INSERT A VALID SIM CARD IN THE IPHONE

i think i'll start a new thread see if others have received this message

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok, mine went through the whole process fine with iDemocracy. I installed anysim 1.2.1u and ran it. It froze halfway through and rebooted. It is now in a cycle of rebooting every 10 minutes or so. I can browse files from iDemocracy and my computer acts like it's connected, but if I look at the iPhone, it's just the apple logo with the spinning wheel. Any help?

got it to work, my at&t sim works but my european sim doesnt, i get the following message:
    THERE IS NO CARRIER THAT SUPPORTS THE INSTALLED SIM CARD IN THE IPHONE, PLEASE DISCONNECT AND INSERT A VALID SIM CARD IN THE IPHONE

i think i'll start a new thread see if others have received this message

Same problem here...I have followed all the steps without any problems but at the end got the message INCORRECT SIM...any suggestions?

Regards,
    Primoz

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast