Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

This guide didnt work for me, I was on unlocked with anysim 1.1.1 out of the box, did every step to the letter, got up to 1.1.2 and the jailbreak kept on failing, so I ended up having to go all the way down to 1.0.2 and downgrading the baseband to virginise the phone and back to 1.1.1 and unlocking it again there,

Phase 1 went well

Phase 2 All succesfull

Phase 3 went well too (I was at 1.1.2 with the multilang slider)

Phase 4 went ok until I had to iphuc, it did kick it out of dfu mode but required iphuc on
    on each susequent reboot of iphone.

did the jailbreak and installed installer and bsd and ssh with no issues

installed and ran anysim1.2.1 which came back all successful

Installed ok to prep which was successful

Phase 5 Restored to 1.1.2 and it went ok, got the multilang slider again and ran the
    windows.bat in the jailbreak folder checked install ssh, clicked to jailbreak and I
    got an error saying jailbreak failed because I didnt install oktoprep when I did
    install it and even had the message saying I could now update to 1.1.2 safely.

So thats as far as I got before I went back to 1.1.1 following this guide http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15310 to a fashion, there were some steps needed in this though, like using paycay to activate and using ibrickr etc to get my phone working, to which Ill gladly explain to anyone that needs to get back to there 1.1.1 if they mess it up like I did.

I cant see anywhere I went wrong but if anyone can point anything out then please go ahead.

Many thanks

Could it be that I should have revirginised the baseband before doing this.

If so how do you revirginise a 1.1.1 baseband, doesnt the onesim step do this?
    Last edited by judgejase; 2007-11-21 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^^ Don't restore, Update.
    Last edited by bengo; 2007-11-21 at 12:47 PM.

Hi judgejase, I was just wondering . . .after you installed the Oktoprep file did you reboot the phone? I had a similar prob, I even checked in installer > uninstall to see if it was there suffice it to say it was but it didn't work until I manually turned the phone off then on again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

judgejase: Are you sure you upgraded to 1.1.2 and did not restore instead?
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

okay, i might be missing something here.
    i tried to restore to 1.1.1., put in anysim, ran it, but it still cannot recognize my sim, i rebooted, and still cant see it. Ran any sim once more, nothing.

do i need to run onesim?

Thanks

You will not have service running 1.1.1, service is back after you upgrade to 1.1.2
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 05:29 PM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xandili For This Useful Post:

dadilly (2007-11-21)

do you mean 1.1.2?

alright tried to update to 1.1.2 after oktoprep, hoping it would recognize my sim, but nope.

still locked.
    Last edited by dadilly; 2007-11-21 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am also still locked after all the steps. Not a valid sim. Where do I start over at? What could I be doing wrong? I tried the steps twice.

same....incorrect sim message

Thanks

use onesim, restore to 1.1.1 use independence to kick you out of recovery, activate, jailbreak install ssh, execute anysim1.1.2u than oktoprep and than upgrade to 1.1.2.

If you were unlocked before using anysim1.1.p I would suggest to downgrade baseband and viriginize before starting all over!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nophin View Post
    I am also still locked after all the steps. Not a valid sim. Where do I start over at? What could I be doing wrong? I tried the steps twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by prootZ View Post
    same....incorrect sim message
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejase View Post
    Phase 5 Restored to 1.1.2 and it went ok, got the multilang slider again and ran the windows.bat in the jailbreak folder checked install ssh, clicked to jailbreak and I got an error saying jailbreak failed because I didnt install oktoprep when I did install it and even had the message saying I could now update to 1.1.2 safely.
    It occurs to me that these types of issues may be the result of RESTORE'ing in the final updgrade to v1.1.2 instead of UPDATE'ing... which, would have the effect of wiping out the previous (presumeably successful) AnySim unlock'ing step.

Make sure that you're UPDATE'ing to v1.1.2 and *not* RESTORE'ing. The first two (2) steps deal with RESTORE'ing, however the final step that takes you from v1.1.1 to v1.1.2 - the step after running the AnySim application - is an UPDATE.

Hope this helps... be sure to let the thread know, so others can benefit.
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-21 at 05:37 PM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

I dont think restoring would wipe out the anySim process, since you don't upgrade your baseband, but I am not sure (if you install anysim 1.2.1u with Firmware 1.0.2 what I did and than restore I noticed that my baseband was still unlocked). But it does erase your previous installed oktoprep and therefore makes your 1.1.2 kind of useless because you cant jailbreak it.
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    I dont think restoring would wipe out the anySim process but I am not sure...
    Hopefully, someone having issues will try again, being certain to UPDATE on the final step, and let us all know. The final upgrade to v1.1.2 step is specifically and UPDATE though, so I think the two items are related.

Hopefully, we'll find out definitively and more people will be successful as a result.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

iPhoneWriter: I totally agree, it seems a lot of guys getting confused with the final update to 1.1.2 and therefore they screw up!

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    It occurs to me that these types of issues may be the result of RESTORE'ing in the final updgrade to v1.1.2 instead of UPDATE'ing... which, would have the effect of wiping out the previous (presumeably successful) AnySim unlock'ing step.

Make sure that you're UPDATE'ing to v1.1.2 and *not* RESTORE'ing. The first two (2) steps deal with RESTORE'ing, however the final step that takes you from v1.1.1 to v1.1.2 - the step after running the AnySim application - is an UPDATE.

Hope this helps... be sure to let the thread know, so others can benefit.
    I updated to 1.1.2 on last step. Not restore

Thanks

Restoring to 1.1.2 wipes the changes made by oktoprep, updating to 1.1.2 doesn't

Thanks

Well try the onesim restore to 1.1.1 reinstall anysim1.2.1u, oktoprep, etc. and than upgrade to 1.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by prootZ View Post
    I updated to 1.1.2 on last step. Not restore
    I am curious, did you run the OneSim application before starting the How-To?

(Sorry if you have already answered this, but I just got up from my requisite four hours of sleep and don't feel like wading back through the pages in this thread that have appeared since I was last online.)
    - iPhoneWriter.com

hey guys i'm at Phase 4 :: Downgrade back to 1.1.1
    but jailbreakme.com don't seem to be working for me.
    safari did crash back to the activation screen, but the phone did not reboot.
    anyone facing the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Well try the onesim restore to 1.1.1 reinstall anysim1.2.1u, oktoprep, etc. and than upgrade to 1.1.2
    Trying this right now.

re-cap:

i am on 1.1.2, anysim didnt work.
    Using Onesim on 1.1.2., restore to 1.1.1, run anysim, oktprep, UPGRADE to 1.1.2 and then try again.

ok i just realized onesim may not work on 1.1.2, cause it just froze on me lol
    Last edited by dadilly; 2007-11-21 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast