Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + Jailbreak + Activation + YouTube & Unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhoneWriter: We should open up a 1-800 support line, lol

I just like to help out people, when I needed help earlier there were guys as well who supported me, so that's just a nice thing to do and it seems as we think alike!
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Thanks

phillipsharp:did you just thrash a modder!!!!!!!i am making this guy an example please dont thrash some one who sole pupose is to get people up and running with there new toy ..we are here to help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    iPhoneWriter: We should open up a 1-800 support line, lol

I just like to help out people, when I needed help earlier there were guys as well who supported me, so that's just a nice thing to do and it seems as we think alike!
    shoot you have now idea!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jedinight; 2007-11-21 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by xandili View Post
    Yes, giving back is as important as taking... just not as frequently practiced. Cash and Poetic and the MMI team put in a lot of hours/effort, as evidenced by the guides and their ongoing own willingness to help.

Returning the favor just seems right.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

yea a chat room would be nice =) lol

forgot to mention, since i am making a new profile, how do i get all my contacts back in?

btw its really nice of you guys to reply so quickly.

Thanks

just please keep bad info out..theres alot of noobs...not yall two,,,just blurting out anything it seems like!!!but oh well clogging the thread..keep it on topic!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn,t you restore already and not backup? Meaning - they are gone! Or did you backup or sync earlier, that way they are still in your (Windows) Microsoft Outlook Contacts!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-11-21 at 08:56 AM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by dadilly View Post
    forgot to mention, since i am making a new profile, how do i get all my contacts back in?
    Well, your contacts should still be in your actual contact program.. as will your calendar information. For me, on a Mac, that means iCal and Address Book. Not sure what app's that would mean on Windows... but, once you're in iTunes, synching the iPhone should get the data back onto the iPhone... also, there is the option (within iTunes) to "over right the information on the iPhone", which can also be useful.

Hopefully this helps!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

i bet there in windows address book if he did!!!

Thanks to xandili's help last night, I'm all updated!

Could someone help me with this please:

# bash
    bash-3.2# cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    bash-3.2# ln -s 65507 Virgin.plist
    ln: Virgin.plist: File exists
    bash-3.2#

That's what I get in terminal - is it correct, or is not working? Reason being that my GPRS is not working, and when I swap my sim & back again, the apn setting is gone again. So I don't think its reading the Virgin.plist file. Any ideas?

btw. my iphone shows the EGDE symbol, although my network is only GPRS.

Whats this part with:

- Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
    - Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it

I don't have 2nd sim card i just have my M-tel BG sim card.

Can i still try to do this Guide ?

To turn off EDGE, just install iToggle from Installer. Would save some battery life. Iam running in FW 1.1.2.

anyone have that annoying red badge? for the visual voicemail that doesn't work? any solutions to getting rid of it.

i remember reading somewhere that, the 1.1.2 was going to fix that problem.

alright i have everything jailbroken on 1.1.2, but it still says it cant recognize my sim. i know for sure i ran anysim properly.

can i try to run anysim 1.2 again while on fw 1.1.2 ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dadilly For This Useful Post:

hernz (2007-11-21)

Quote Originally Posted by dadilly View Post
    alright i have everything jailbroken on 1.1.2, but it still says it cant recognize my sim. i know for sure i ran anysim properly.

can i try to run anysim 1.2 again while on fw 1.1.2 ?
    don't run anysim1.2 on 1.1.2. restore back to 1.1.1 and start over

Default Someone Pls Help!!!
    I was following each step until the part where you downgrade back to 1.1.1 and you get an error from itunes. since then everytime i reboot my phone it goes automatically into DFU Mode or RESTORE MODE.. How can i get rid of this?? PLS HELP

If the errror message from iTune is the "1015", dont worry. Run iBrickr and let it free you from that state. The option once its open should be: 1) Boot iPhone 2) Proceed to download 1.0.2. Just select option 1. It will bring you back to the activate screen in the iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

RE:

Code:
    launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
    bbupdater -v
    I highly advise not using that remove command.

Instead use the commands below

Run this to unload the comm so you can ping the bb using bbupdater -v

Code:
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    run this when your done.

Code:
    launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    The greatest iPhone project ever - coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by cadugauch View Post
    Here is the original guide...for MAC

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html

I can confirm that this (long, but simple & concise) guide worked 100% on my 1.1.1 phone (orig. upgraded from 1.0.2, then virginised & updated to 1.1.1).. & my iphone is now more stable, & compatible with Australia's mobile network.

Thanx a Million ReVan , Worked Like a Charm on my unlocked 1.1.1 Phone. On the last step after unlocking 04.02.13_G when it's still on 1.1.1 with anySIM1.2.1u, Just want to clear up a few things for others. When you use WinScp or whatever to transfer the anySIM1.2.1u first you must rename it to anySIM.app otherwise it might not appear on the springboard.
    Thanx again, Regards Sean.

PS:- If any of you guys try and update after unlocking and get the 1604 error Just use iPhuc and enter cmd setenv auto-boot true
    cmd saveenv
    cmd fsboot
    get it out of the boot mode , reboot the computer and try the update again.
    Cheers

Don't do what I did and press SHIFT + Restore as it will erase the OktoPrep changes and your Jailbreak will fail.
    Last edited by bengo; 2007-11-21 at 12:46 PM.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast