Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Services SSH vanished?

Default Services SSH vanished?
    After upgrading to 1.1.1 the SSH option vanished for me. Now i can't turn the ssh option on or off. Wich makes me feel a little uneasy. Of course i have changed the password, but still. Also i have felt a little more battery discharge when im not able to turn of SSH so that is another reason for me to solve it I used independence 1.2.5 when i upgraded so that was the version where openssh where included.

Cheers, Jinxen

Thanks

Install Services from Installer

I have installed services from installer. Installed it and re-installed it several times. SSH still doesn't show upp. After starting Services for the first time after upgrading to 1.1.1 i saw the SSH option for 1 second then it vanished.

I just now uninstalled services and installed it again, when i first open it i see the SSH option again but after less then 1 second the option vanishes. And im back to where i was, only being able to turn on/off EDGE, Bluettoh and Wifi.
    Last edited by jinxen; 2007-11-19 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Check that you still have OpenSSH installed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

jinxen (2007-11-19)

When i look in installer and the uninstall view i see Openssh, but when i try to uninstall it i get "Main script execution failed". So i think there the error lies, any tips how to get it fixed and get it installed again?

I found some similarity to my question here and will give it a try!

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9121

Ok, after trying this i finally got ssh back into services. And after uninstalling the ssh that comes with independent it seemed to work great. But when i turn on SSH in services it doesnt start, and when i go out of services and then back again it slides the on to off in the SSH field. Why is this?
    Last edited by jinxen; 2007-11-19 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Came up with something!