Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] Uploading pics to "Camera Roll" Folder

Default [HELP] Uploading pics to "Camera Roll" Folder
    Hi,

I have WINSCP and i located my "camera roll" folder which is in;
    private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100apple....

and i have tried to upload a pic to that folder but it cannot be viewed. I have noticed that with every picture taken with the iPhone (not uploaded by winscp) it has another file with a .THM extension....

The reason why i want to move my pictures there is to send MMS to my friends and SwirlyMMS only dectects pictures from the camera roll folder and not any other picture folders i have.

Does anyone know how to upload pics to private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100apple?? WITH THE .THM extension???

THANKS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
    Hi,

I have WINSCP and i located my "camera roll" folder which is in;
    private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100apple....

and i have tried to upload a pic to that folder but it cannot be viewed. I have noticed that with every picture taken with the iPhone (not uploaded by winscp) it has another file with a .THM extension....

The reason why i want to move my pictures there is to send MMS to my friends and SwirlyMMS only dectects pictures from the camera roll folder and not any other picture folders i have.

Does anyone know how to upload pics to private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100apple?? WITH THE .THM extension???

THANKS!
    You can do it manually but it's so much easier to install the 'movemms' app. Once you install it it's one click to move your pics. Here's the thread. Click me.

Why not just use iTunes? Create a folder called "MMS" or something like it in "My Pictures" and just sync that folder and it will show up in your camera roll.

I use a program called "Add Photo". It uses the Jiggy runtime, and literally copies an image from a designated photo directory in your iphone into you Camera Roll.

Basically this is good for non windows and itunes users. eg, linux users.

Mazor

Quote Originally Posted by dlhuss View Post
    Why not just use iTunes? Create a folder called "MMS" or something like it in "My Pictures" and just sync that folder and it will show up in your camera roll.

because people believe itunes is full of crap, thats why people hack there devices eg. ipod video and install 'rockbox'

no one wants security to screw with their files, and when itune is screwed it will delete your phots/music etc

everybody loves the drag'n drop method

apple ltd likes to keep their users under their thumb