Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 1.18beta

im having trouble to add sound in customize 1.1.18. Im tring to change the unlock sound from the customize 1.1.18. I add a sound but it doesnt work

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    You can install CustomizeNM from the ModMyI installer source now.

It still has all the old features but works on 1.1.1.

Does it show in the Uninstall section? Maybe you accidentally hid it, and installer knows it is installed.

Then you can install XLauncher, or CustomizeNM or Dock, to run it in order to unhide it.

Nope, does not show in the uninstall section.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Why does anyone still run 1.0.2? I can't think of a single reason to not upgrade. Then all your problems are solved.
    simply because you cant change system sounds without iBrickr.

i wish i payed more attention becasue i accidentally updated to 1.1.1 from original FW. i can do everything but change my system sounds. wish i knew how, iphonebrowser doesnt work by the way, maybe im doing something wrong, should i have the file in a certain format before replacing?

You should be able to change sounds with iPhoneBrowser or iBrickr on 1.1.1 (I have).

You need to have the sound in .aiff format and then replace the existing file by right-clicking on the Sound file on the phone and choosing the Replace option (in iPhoneBrowser).

dam, thats great, but what if i want to add one instead of replacing even though, LMAO, i wouldn't want a clown horn to blast off when i recieve a message. thanks for the tip though, thanks a million

what sounds are you trying to change?
    customize can change nearly everything and dtmf tones soon to come!

you guys have helped me so much in the past 30 minutes lol, pretty happy right now. im good with changing my main sounds but theres a few other sounds that i wanted to change such as the sounds that go off when you are in the window of email or texting. can that be done with iphonebrowse 1.4

also, does anyone know of a summerboard theme that gives a blank or transparent dock background. im talking nothing there no outline... nothing. thanks. so far panther comes close, maybe i missed one.

***EDIT***
    blackJainDim gives nothing for a dock background!!
    ***EDIT***
    sorry, BlackJainDim is just a solid white background that fades at the top. if anyone knows of a clear/ transparent blank background, let me know. THANKS.
    Last edited by Sticky111; 2007-11-24 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Sure will.

Does with mine.
    Even though I've used the new jailbreakme.com way to jailbreak my iphone, iBrickr won't work. When I double-click the ibrickr.exe it will just prompt me to connect my iphone to my pc with the usb cable but it will stay there forever even after I've tried connecting it several times.

If that helps In the view errors report tab here's what I get:
    ex_findphone
    s_iBrickr version: 0.91
    s_iPhoneInterface
    e_Problem registering main callback: -402653180
    USBMuxListenerCreate: No error

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    It depends on how you jailbreak 1.1.1. If you use the NEW jailbreakme.com, it will patch the services.plist .. if not, ibrickr and iphonebrowser will not work. From what I remember though, if I'm correct, when you restart your phone, SSH should be on by default. I could very well be wrong though. Give it a go.
    I was hoping that after a restart SSH will be on by default but I guess I was wrong

Any other suggestions? I'm desperate I really don't know what to do
    Last edited by Xestragr; 2007-11-24 at 05:12 AM.

Customize 1.18 makes it way too easy to hide stuff.

Anyway, I would try iPhoneBrowser to see if it can connect to your phone. If we can get iBrickr working, you can setup for PXL install and then install something useful (like CustomizeNM or XLauncher) to unhide the hidden icons.

Also, what applications do you have available we could use to fix stuff?

Finder? TextEdit? Terminal? Term-VT100? Squid?

Customize 1.18 makes it way too easy to hide stuff.

Anyway, I would try iPhoneBrowser to see if it can connect to your phone. If we can get iBrickr working, you can setup for PXL install and then install something useful (like CustomizeNM or XLauncher) to unhide the hidden icons.

Also, what applications do you have available we could use to fix stuff?

Finder? TextEdit? Terminal? Term-VT100? Squid?
    I tried iPhoneBrowser but unfortunately its refusing to work on my 64bit Vista Can this get any worse? I feel so dumb...How the heck could I at the same time hide, Customize, Installer and Services?

From the applications you mentioned above (Finder, TextEdit, Terminal, Term-VT100, Squid) I have none installed. The only one I guess it would make a difference if I could launch would be the Services so that I could switch ON SSH then install through WinSCP a launcher (assuming that's possible)

Thanks a lot for trying to help me out NetMage. I really appreciate your time and effort

Dosent WinSCP turn on SSH by itself?

Also, you could use iDemocracy2, it has a filebrowser system much like iPhoneBrowser...

Yes, if you could turn on SSH you could fix almost anything.

WinSCP doesn't turn on SSH, it has no access to the phone until SSH is already on.

iDemocracy2 is worth a try, but I'm afraid most Windows apps use manzana, and that may be an issue on 64bit.

Can you install iTunes and iBrickr on an XP system and try that?

Thanks

You can still install it using iBrickr. Until 1.18 came out that's what I did. Heck, the 1.13 .pxl file is right there in iBrickr, no need to even search or download anything.

I don't care about a 5-icon dock, so no worries for me.

BTW, to whomever asked: I'm using 1.1.1 and iTunes 7.5, and my iPhone syncs just fine after installing 1.18 (heck I just synced my updated contacts like 5 minutes ago.)

Yes, if you could turn on SSH you could fix almost anything.

WinSCP doesn't turn on SSH, it has no access to the phone until SSH is already on.

iDemocracy2 is worth a try, but I'm afraid most Windows apps use manzana, and that may be an issue on 64bit.

Can you install iTunes and iBrickr on an XP system and try that?
    iDemocracy2 won't work with 64bit Vista I'm afraid

I just tried using using iBrickr on an XP system but once again I'm getting the very same error report:
    ex_findphone
    s_iBrickr version: 0.91
    s_iPhoneInterface
    e_Problem registering main callback: -402653180
    USBMuxListenerCreate: No error

i love my setup

***EDIT***
    Bummer, it looks way better on the LCD screen.

sticky111 - you can use the dock.PNG file from my lcars theme availa me through my inatalller source.

Someone on 1.0.2 b4 mentioned something about system sounds. Anyone know what he was refering to so I can get working on getting them added to customize 1.19?

I went to change my keypad image in Customize, and now I cant even text. I go to text someone, and it just resets back to the home screen. Has anyone else had this issue before?

This is freaking awesome, works on my iTouch too.

One thing i noticed is the extremely fast response when going from something back to main customize list. It feels like it goes back right before i click the arrow on the top left.

I don't get it. I must be missing something. I've fooled around with both 1.13 and 1.18. I don't see the advantages of 1.18 over 1.13. It seems like 1.13 does more. What am I missing???

Quote Originally Posted by mrkay View Post
    I don't get it. I must be missing something. I've fooled around with both 1.13 and 1.18. I don't see the advantages of 1.18 over 1.13. It seems like 1.13 does more. What am I missing???
    Well the whole Customize app was rewritten after 1.13 so everything is pretty much starting fresh. Most of the options will be added back to the app later on, but right now, that is all they had...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

mrkay (2007-11-26)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456