Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FORBIDDEN - Apache

Default FORBIDDEN - Apache
    I've installed apache on my ipodtouch.

I have about 1000 html files of medical articles saved over the years which I put into a folder named emedicine. I've copied this folder into Library/webserver/documents. They are organised in alphabetical order.

Strange thing is I can open he first maybe 60 files but if I try and open one further down the list I get this message: FORBIDDEN - You don't have permission to access /emedicine/then the file name.

Any ideas?

Also with PDF files it seems to be able to only read some but not others independent of size.

Thanks

So I've figure out part of the problem. To get the files onto my ipod I have to use iphonedrive. I then have to copy the files from media folder to the webserver/documents folder which is not a problem. If I move the files however I get the warning but if I copy them there's no problem so I guess it's got something to do with permissions.

BUT, I still a similar problem in that once I get down my list of html files (around about the 70th one in alphabetical order) and I try to open one I get a blank page. I get the same problem with PDFs - complete blank page.

Am I trying to store too many files? 1000 html files (only aroung 100mb in total)

Am I making any sense?
    Last edited by bobjames; 2007-11-17 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bobjames View Post
    I've installed apache on my ipodtouch.

I have about 1000 html files of medical articles saved over the years which I put into a folder named emedicine. I've copied this folder into Library/webserver/documents. They are organised in alphabetical order.

Strange thing is I can open he first maybe 60 files but if I try and open one further down the list I get this message: FORBIDDEN - You don't have permission to access /emedicine/then the file name.

Any ideas?

Also with PDF files it seems to be able to only read some but not others independent of size.

Thanks

So I've figure out part of the problem. To get the files onto my ipod I have to use iphonedrive. I then have to copy the files from media folder to the webserver/documents folder which is not a problem. If I move the files however I get the warning but if I copy them there's no problem so I guess it's got something to do with permissions.

BUT, I still a similar problem in that once I get down my list of html files (around about the 70th one in alphabetical order) and I try to open one I get a blank page. I get the same problem with PDFs - complete blank page.

Am I trying to store too many files? 1000 html files (only aroung 100mb in total)

Am I making any sense?
    Try making every file you transfered in that folder to peromissions 0755

thanks but how do I make every file to that permission?