Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Permission to 777

Default Changing Permission to 777
    OK. First off let me say that I have been searching these forums for two days trying to find the answer my self so I didn't have to get talked down to. Unfortunately I have not found my Answer. Just to get it out of the way... Yes I know I'm a noob.

Here is my issue.

I would like to use this new p2p app, iSlsk.

I get the same error that everyone has been getting about the FireGuid. I would like to see if changing the permissions to 777 would fix this error as it has for some. I have MobileFinder and WinSCP. I just do not know how to use them. Please help. Thank you in advance for any advice.

I'm running 1.1.4, don't know if that is important or not.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

first of all ur firmware and how u jailbroke is always pretty important. but for a question like this how u jailbroke is not. but i beleive the permissions was 775, but plz take with a grain of salt havnt done that in a while. anyways ssh to phone, im a pc man so i dont kno if this will help with mac, ssh to phone right click while in winscp and click properties, there it will give you the option to change permissions, in the properties menu. hope this helps..

see that stuff in the top right of ur posts..? put ur firmware version and how u jailbroke up there and then u shouldnt need to say it every time. and that lil pc frown face makes me angry. pc's rule the word so dont be sad.i hate macs. yeheyh they dont get "viruses" blah id rather run linux,. im in the proccess of that right now. huray windows and linux
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-20 at 07:24 AM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

cLiche (2008-05-20), nmass (2009-07-01)

Thank you sir! I have never owned Mac but would gladly accept the opportunity. The just seem more simple. I will always have a special place for the PC though.