Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "customize" crash

Default "customize" crash
    Hey everyone,

I have 1.1.1 with Summerboard 3.0b1. I installed customize 1.17 but i keeps crashing after the splash screen pops up. I have uninstalled customize and reinstalled, restarted SMB, restarted iphone, rebooted iphone with no avail. Any Ideas? Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

the new customize has a bug just wait for the bug to be fix
     Think Different

You just have to keep opening it until it opens. It may take a few times.

No I've got the same problem, I've tried CustomizeNM, v1.1.3, v1.1.8 they all crash in every scenario for me. Started, and restarted, opened the program over and over, installled and reinstalled, I even restored/re-applied firmware 1.1.1 to my phone, and installed only BSD, OpenSSH, Terminal and Customize or CustomizeNM and it still crashed every time!

Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, please!

ey guys,
    i got exactly the same problem.
    I refrest my sources, installes customized just now.
    I open nit, i see the chicken screen, after 10s if goes back to the icon page.
    Tried to reopen it 10 times, still nothing.
    I have all the standard apps: bsd, community, ssh, smb, bossprefs.

Any ideas? Or should i just wait on a fix?

I had this problem for awhile, it seems all applications that alter system files need to be suid root. Here's all I did.

chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

Hope this helps.

Yea i am having the same problem. I am on 1.1.2 itouch. I didn't used to do that, before i restored my ipod. I had to rejailbreak it because my installer was crashing. So I hope they fix that in the near future.