Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dock app screenshot query

Default dock app screenshot query
    since installing the screenshot app..the screenshot feature in the dock app no longer sends my screenshots to the camera roll..anyone know how to resolve this? i want the screenshots to show up in the cameraroll again..right now it's just saving 1 pic in the /tmp folder and if i take another it overwrites it..any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Make sure you have taken atleast 1 photo with the iPhone.

and make sure you leave at least one picture in the "camera roll" to keep from having to repeat steps!

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX910 View Post
    and make sure you leave at least one picture in the "camera roll" to keep from having to repeat steps!
    tried that but to no avail..i took a random pic with the camera..left it in the camera roll..then took some screenshots with the dock app screenshot option..and still they don't come up in the camera roll..just thte random pic is there..tried restarting the phone but still nothing..any other ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fistikal View Post
    tried that but to no avail..i took a random pic with the camera..left it in the camera roll..then took some screenshots with the dock app screenshot option..and still they don't come up in the camera roll..just the random pic is there..tried restarting the phone but still nothing..any other ideas?
    I'm having the same problem.

bump... I am having the same problem too and can't find through any searches why the photos are not saving to the camera roll.

Definitely have tried installing and uninstalling multiple times as well as ensuring there was at least one photo in the camera roll. Any help someone could give would be greatly appreciated.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to supafyn For This Useful Post:

KingRedmer (2008-02-13)

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

if you guys are using 1.1.3, dock still saves to var/root/Media/DCIM/101APPLE. I don't know if a dev could mod it to save to the new mobile folder or not, but for now, you can view them with mobilefinder. Also, I had to use finder to make that directory for it to save in. It was pointing there but no folder existed, so you'll probably have to do that too. Hope that helps.

Thanks KingRedmer for the help! A quick note, but the actual folder location is /var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

Just for others, here are the steps I had to take to get the dock to actually save each of my screen shots onto the iPhone:

1) You will need to delete and remove all photos you have on the camera roll. The roll needs to be completely blank.

2) SSH into your iPhone and you will essentially need to create the following folder structure, which for my part I had to create the DCIM and 100APPLE folders:

/var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

3) With Dock go ahead and take a few screen shots. If you are still logged in with SSH on your iPhone you should start to see some picture files appearing in the 100APPLE folder that you just created. Note you may need to refresh your view.

4) From this point on you should be able to use the Camera as normal and can again take photos and fill the camera roll as you would want.

The only thing I can't get still is how to get the images to actually show up on the camera roll itself for previewing. If anyone has a suggestion on how that can be accomplished, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Well the old Plist from 1.1.1 was an easy fix for this issue, but the new plist for 1.1.3 has changed and this doesn't work. If someone wants to continue to try and fix it, here was the 1.1.1 fix with the old Plist.

Again, the new Plist on 1.1.3 does not look the same and does not behave the same though there are enough similarities that someone might can make it work.

You'll need Plist editor pro if you are on a mac. For windblows, I dunno.

I have managed to make the screen shots apear in the folder, but the Plist controls whether or not they show up in the camera roll and that's where the changes have been done in 1.1.3 that break the fix.

Create the directory ~/Media/DCIM/100APPLE and all your screenshots will appear as jpgs. You can sendpic them, or do whatever you want. If you want to view them in the camera roll, then add "camera" to the capabilities list in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist

Open the Plist:
    look under the key that says "capabilities," you'll see this:

< key >piezo-clicker< / key >
    < true / >

Just duplicate that, but replace piezo-clicker with camera.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-02-15 at 10:14 AM.