Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize App problem 1.02

Default Customize App problem 1.02
    Customize has been working awesome until today.
    My Photo Icon and Camera Icon show last now in order on my screen (now hidden). When I go into customize and try to rearrange the order there is
    no icon listed for either of these apps! There is mobile slideshow listed but
    it does not have an icon with it and moving it does nothing.

Any ideas how I could fix this problem? It's really annoying me.

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post
    Customize has been working awesome until today.
    My Photo Icon and Camera Icon show last now in order on my screen (now hidden). When I go into customize and try to rearrange the order there is
    no icon listed for either of these apps! There is mobile slideshow listed but
    it does not have an icon with it and moving it does nothing.

Any ideas how I could fix this problem? It's really annoying me.

Thanks!!!
    I got rid of it back in July August ! Never re-installed again it is a wreck!

Thanks, but that doesn't solve my problem.

Does anyone know how to restore the original icon order???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post
    Thanks, but that doesn't solve my problem.

Does anyone know how to restore the original icon order???
    MobileSlideshow IS Photos and Camera. The icons for both programs are within MobileSlideshow.pp, it will only show correctly if its within Springboard (not Springboard Extended or Third Party) in rBST's list.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks, I figured out they are the same app (just two diff icons).

However, moving mobileslideshow in customize does nothing. They are stuck at the bottom of the screen.

Is there another way to fix this

Edit...now it seems to have made things really bad. See the attached pic!

Thanks for your help!
    Pic of what the problem is:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -071411151224.png   -071411151345.png   -071411174401.png  
    Last edited by Blue1k; 2007-11-15 at 02:46 AM.

Thanks

Yes, but manually. You need to get the M68AP.plist from Springboard.app and place MobileSlideshow under the "Special" heading.

It's usually last in the "Special" list. Are you familiar with editing plist's?

I can edit text files but i have never tried .plist file.

Thanks

Do you have a PC or a Mac? If a Mac, you can just feed the M68AP.plist directly into BBEdit, no conversion necessary. If you have a PC, you can use an online converter:

http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi

plist's are in binary format so they have to be converted to text before you can edit them.

I don't have springboard installed as I am running summerboard and customize.

Any ideas? I can't find the file you listed.

1. You do have SpringBoard installed, it is always installed. SummerBoard just modifies it a little.

2. Since you are on 1.0.2, you have a DisplayOrder.plist file instead of the one listed.

@eurisko

i have the same problem when i updated to 1.17

what i think to solve this is i have the 1.13 version(pxl file) and would uninstall the 1.17 version in installer then install the 1.13 version thru ibrickr

my question is - is it okay to uninstall even if i replaced the dialer pics, edited some strings...etc. but it was when i had 1.13? it won't mess up my phone? i'm on 1.0.2 by the way

Thanks

Oops. didn't catch you were on 1.02, Netmage is right, your order list would be DisplayOrder.plist, and it's contained in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

Same thing applies to re-ordering this list however.

Quote Originally Posted by k1dr0ck View Post
    @eurisko
    my question is - is it okay to uninstall even if i replaced the dialer pics, edited some strings...etc. but it was when i had 1.13? it won't mess up my phone? i'm on 1.0.2 by the way
    From what I've seen, even when you un-install Customize, all its libraries (pictures, etc) are left in tact. Just delete the Customize.app and re-install 1.13 via pxl. That should be ok.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-11-15 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

k1dr0ck (2007-11-16)

@eurisko

Thanks for your help

I had the same problem after installing Customize 1.1.7 on an iPhone running fw 1.0.2. I uninstalled 1.1.7 and Fugu-ed Customize 1.1.3 back on the iPhone. It did crash the first time until I did a 'restore to original'. After that I can again rearrange my icons, the hidden section is back and so are my camera and photo icons.

One problem though: I can't get any custom icon implemented through Customize. I tried switching the carrier-logo, no go. Tried the battery icon, no go. Even though I have installed several Customize themes. Anyone know why this is so?

Downgrading customize worked for me too. Thanks to all those that helped! Much appreciated

i tested customize... then it got buggy (1.0.2). I uninstalled and not taking any chances. Im chicken $H*!. Besides, being an newbie with a rockin' iphone i don't want to get to greedy....

What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole access to his iphone, and brick it later?
    * Bible -- (iphone user) Mark 8:36