Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.02 - 1.14 What are the steps?

Default 1.02 - 1.14 What are the steps?
    I have a already jailbroke 1.02 phone Ive been using since I got it new. Ive already loaded extra apps on it using Installer and what not and I havent had a problem using it with my tmobile account.

Now I want to upgrade it to 1.14. Do i need to virginize it first (and how?) or is there a utility i can use to go straight from 1.02 to 1.14

I dont care if i lose all the apps I have loaded, but Id like to keep my phone/address book entries if possible.

Anyone help me out?

if your not concerned with ur apps i would just upgrade to 1.1.4 thru itunes, which will wipe everything out, then pwn the phone with winpwn or Dev Team pwn on a mac to jailbreak, then start from there.

but thats my opinion

What is the name of the programs? 'dev team pwn" or "winpwn"?

Any problems using itunes on mac, but jailbreaking it using a PC?

no problems here
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

I remember reading before that when transitioning from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 there was this whole tedious process of revirginizing your iphone and downgrading the baseband etc, etc. Is there no need to perform these steps anymore when you want to skip 1.1.1 & 1.1.3 and going directly from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4? Will ziphone work as well as opposed to Dev Team pwn or winpwn?

what are u on a mac or pc, if your using a pc its winpwn, a mac i dont even know what they call the program, pwntool or somethin look around on here im sure u will find it