Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thank you, spicychicken!

Default Thank you, spicychicken!
    In light of all the needless complaints of "I updated customize and now I can't hide my icons anymore- plz plz help help I don't know what to do!!!11!1!" - I have decided that the people over at spicychicken needs some mad props after re-coding the entirety of customize JUST FOR ONE FUNCTION. This is an awesome update, and if any n00bs have any problems, it is most likely user error or the fa t that nobody ever reads up on (or hits that "More Info" button) any app before updating. Stop complaining about something free especially if it is a third party app. Anyway, thanks again spicychicken, long live third party apps!

+1
    death to n00b crybabies...
    Everyone should stop helping people who post asking for help in inappropriate threads...
    To much kindness leaves too many people to abuse these forums..
    Please pf if u r reading this put up a support section and enforce rules of people with threads like "OMG PLEASE HELP ME CUSTOMIZE HID MY ICONS ALL I SEE IS IPOD!!!"

Default Without a doubt the most useful app out there
    Spicy Chicken is the bomb, when they combined rsbt with there Customize prog... wow, just wow. Dont get me wrong, Summerboard is right up there but Customize goes far and beyond what most of us could have dreamed up, much less implemented.
    I will bet that when it is possible to hide the icons, you will be able to hide them, until then sit back and appreciate that you dont have 13 lame *** icons sitting on you home page. Kudo's Spicy Chicken and all of you very talented devs out there.

I still cant set the order of my icon and now i cant hide them.

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    I still cant set the order of my icon and now i cant hide them.
    try using xlaunch to hide apps ("Toggle Visibility").. that works for me on my iphone 1.1.2.. customize works for ordering icons through "Icon Display Order" also

Hopping on the bandwagon, too - I'm very happy to see that I can now arrange all my icons and I can deal with not being able to hide apps.

The thing that sucks is that I spent about three hours at my friends place during the Illini-OSU game updating my plist file because he has a mac and I don't. Oh well, possibly that was good luck for the Illini?

You most likely set the options wrong, either way thus is a thank you discussion thread, not for help topics.

I love my chicken spicy

Quote Originally Posted by vampyros_wrath View Post
    nobody ever reads up on (or hits that "More Info" button) any app before updating.
    For the record I love spicy chicken apps and have no problem with a "Free" app not having all the features I would want.

Now that is out of the way.

Do me a huge favor "Mr. I am so smart and cool and everyone else is DUMB" tell me EXACTLY what it says when you click More Info on the Customize 1.17 app. Oh yhea, thats right, IT SAYS NOTHING. This is not just Spicy Chicken apps but most every other app available for download on Installer.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i didn't have any problems rearranging my icons, i just finally got it down pat except for a few things that didn't want to move right but its ALOT more annoying having 5pages of apps VS my 2 pages.

thanx for all the hard work now can we please make it so we can hide icons.

I don't need to see all of them, thats what i use my custom launcher's and finder for.

In honor of this thread I will be having a spicy chicken sandwich for lunch...

Keep up the good work, folks.

[QUOTE=ericmac017;93160]try using xlaunch to hide apps ("Toggle Visibility").. that works for me on my iphone 1.1.2.. customize works for ordering icons through "Icon Display Order" also[/QUOTE

Tnx man i can now hide my icon again

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

[quote=pleyah69bjay;93317]
    Quote Originally Posted by ericmac017 View Post
    try using xlaunch to hide apps ("Toggle Visibility").. that works for me on my iphone 1.1.2.. customize works for ordering icons through "Icon Display Order" also[/QUOTE

Tnx man i can now hide my icon again
    i tried this too but then hoped in customize to reorder stuff and every unhid. I guess its just a waiting game until they solve the problem.

This thread is to thank Spicy Chicken for his hard work, NOT for saying "great work, now implement the hidden icon feature!"

As per the person saying that more info doesn't say anything, it very well may not, but I'm not stupid enough to update something before I find out what it updates. I'll come on MMI, or even just search the internet, before I download ANY update. You're just stupid if you blindly update, imho.

As per the original beta-testers, spicychicken knows what's up. Hopefully we can get Shaiss to stop releasing the new builds until the hidden feature is implemented, be it tomorrow, or next year. I'm tired of people complaining about something they are putting absolutely NO money towards, as though they have the right to moan and groan. Spicychicken is working HARD.

I want people to realize that coding isn't a 1,2,3 thing. He had to re-do this from scratch. Yes, there are some glitches, but most people aren't even changing the settings inside of customize, to tell it which product + firmware they are using!! You can now select which firmware you have, and if you have an iphone or an iPod touch. These things are more important that icons on the screen, as they tend to the MASSES, and not just the people who want customize to hide icons. Revert to 1.13, be happy with obfuscated icon order that changes whenever you add an app, and wait until spicychicken can re-create more coding to hide icons.

/terribly annoyed rant

Sorry, lol. I'm just in the IRC chat all night long, and deal with this on there as well as here. Plus, I speak to spicychicken on there, and while he's being cool about it, I know myself, from a developer/designer standpoint, that people complaining about something they don't pay for, just makes me less enthusiastic. This is supposed to be FUN for us. If you annoy developers, why would they want to continue to try to help you?

What he said.

Also, Dictionary, what server and channel are you guys on?

Yes, I could search, I guess.

I am happy with the new update and being able to finally arrange all the icons. Great work and thatnks for rewriting the whole thing to fix just that issue.
    As for hiding Icons, I don't know why so many people are going nuts over this. I just don't see the big deal of having to hide the icons, I just move all my least used or unused icons(Demo App anyone) to the very bottom of the list so it shows up on the last page at the bottom.

To each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    What he said.

Also, Dictionary, what server and channel are you guys on?

Yes, I could search, I guess.
    It isn't really much of a search, lol. Look to your left, after you scroll up all the way. There will be four tabs with green images. The last one.

irc.moofspeak.net
    #modmyi

haha! pwnt!

Thank you. To my defense, I don't usually pay much attention to sidebars, as they typically contain ads. Yes, I click on them now and then just to get mmi some clickback $$, but I don't really read the ads.

Yea I agree with everyone in here there a point to stop complaining, these people r giving everyone what they ask for, and most of the time it isn't even asking nice. Thanks a lot to all the devs, I did complain when I first noticed the change but I thought it was just removed and didnt realize he had to recode the whole program. That is a huge deal and to have a few glitches Is normal mad props for getting it back working with just a few probs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby45 View Post
    For the record I love spicy chicken apps and have no problem with a "Free" app not having all the features I would want.

Now that is out of the way.

Do me a huge favor "Mr. I am so smart and cool and everyone else is DUMB" tell me EXACTLY what it says when you click More Info on the Customize 1.17 app. Oh yhea, thats right, IT SAYS NOTHING. This is not just Spicy Chicken apps but most every other app available for download on Installer.
    There is absolutely no need (nor is there a right) for you to be a jerk to me at all. When in my first post did I ever, EVER call anybody dumb? I may have implied it very heavily, but I never said it outright. For you to call me out like that is wrong, and i really do not appreciate it. This thread was to thank spicychicken for all the hard work put forth. If you want to be a jerk and call one person out for a reason that you can't even back up, then I suggest that you join the forums over at www.ipodwizard.net.

Also: I just opened the more info tab for customize 1.17 and it goes to the google code homepage for customize. On there it has a log of the bug fixes in the newest and older versions. I'm pretty sure that that is NOT nothing, as you said.
    Last edited by vampyros_wrath; 2007-11-13 at 11:49 PM. Reason: added more info part

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast