Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new customize

did anyone else notice the bar dialer option in customize is gone?
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronxxx View Post
    u madd?
    about dolts such as yourself? yes.

If you don't have the presence of mind to research what an update includes, or try setting it up properly before you do anything, then it's really stupid to complain about it later. Unless you put in time to build this application yourself, you shouldn't sit there and complain about someone that is doing everyone a service. Read first, then install.

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    did anyone else notice the bar dialer option in customize is gone?
    I think I saw that they moved that back to beta, but I think you could get it back by adding the beta source to your installer. Not sure though.

Right now, everything pertaining to Customize is still "beta", so until it's cleared as stable enough for genera public use, don't add anything. Just to play it safe. I'm running version 1.17 on my 1.1.1 iphone, and have no problems. The two iCons I didn't want, the Demo App, and FieldTest app, I just deleted via WinSCP, though you can also delete them using Mobile Finder.

To the people who have a clean "desktop", and use the dock with a launcher, sorry. You're still going to have to wait for the hidden section, but spicychicken is working on it!!

-delete-
    Last edited by dictionary; 2007-11-13 at 11:18 PM. Reason: double post

seems like bad judgment on his call to put up a beta version of a program available for mass download without notifying people that it is, in fact, beta.

Not at all. When things are released and stable, they make announcements on here. Always. Some random person on here made an announcement, but it was nothing official. I don't update a program, unless I know what the update includes/does, therefore, I check online. Let's stop this though, as it's turning into a conversation more than anything else.

Please people, just chill out, and wait for him to finish fully coding. One thing at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronxxx View Post
    i updated to 1.17 and am very unhappy. i don't know who thought it would be a good idea to REMOVE features. i liked my three icon dock and my small springboard. now every app i have is on my springboard and i have a four icon dock, with no way to change it. sweet.
    I want my three icon dock back as well. Anyone know what file I can edit in the mean time to make that happen?

The bad idea is that installer thinks 1.17 is an upgrade to 1.13, not a do over.

It would have been better to change the name to match the new rewrite. Or maybe announce as 1.9.x beta for 2.0 and not to put up on installer.app yet.

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post
    I want my three icon dock back as well. Anyone know what file I can edit in the mean time to make that happen?
    I would just download 1.13 from googlecode and manually replace 1.17 files with your downloaded 1.13 files. It will say you have 1.17, but you have 1.13, then everything will be back to normal...

using firmware version 1.0 and now customize doesnt work

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

I just downloaded 1.13 and manually installed it. Now I can change icon order and change the dock number. Very easy.

I have never sucessfully gotten customize to work on my phone for some reason..:

My phone is running 1.1.1 and v1.17 of Customize.. Although the PREVIOUS version also would not work for me..

For instance, I can go and select a different carrier icon (I have ATT service) but the carrier still says ATT.

I can change the Slider icons but they also don't change.

the ONLY thing I have gotten to work (out of what i tried) was changing some of the Springboard strings, and changing icon order..

So, what might I be doing wrong ?? I've tried UN-installing it, restarting the phone, and then re-installing it (with installer)....

BTW, THANKS for a great app .

^ same here. It lets me customize a lot of it actually, except the ones I want. Most of the batteries, dialers, docks, and etc. Anyone know why it confirms the swap but it doesnt show up on the phone afterwards?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    ^ same here. It lets me customize a lot of it actually, except the ones I want. Most of the batteries, dialers, docks, and etc. Anyone know why it confirms the swap but it doesnt show up on the phone afterwards?
    shut the phone off and restart it (not just sleep mode)...

Quote Originally Posted by chief_wiggum View Post
    For instance, I can go and select a different carrier icon (I have ATT service) but the carrier still says ATT.
    Carrier icons always revert to the original when you're inside another app, apparently the custom ones only show on the springboard and sleep screens...

Unfortunately customize is hopelessly broken for me, I took the advice mentioned above and installed xlauncher to hide my unused icons in the new customize 1.17 (yes, correctly configured) and it failed to do so, so I uninstalled xlauncher and noticed some of my icons were moved. No problem, right? Opened customize, click on the reorder icons option, and bang... crashes back to the springboard.... uninstall, reboot, reinstall... crashes.... downgrade to 1.13... crashes...

sigh...

don't get me wrong, the look on my co-workers faces when my phone tells me that I have an "incoming subspace communication on a priority channel" when I get new mail is priceless, but I probably never would have installed Customize if rSBT hadn't been rolled into it and now it's useless to me...

update:

I uninstalled customize 1.17, used winSCP to delete my M68AP.plist and replaced it with my M68AP.plist.old, then I rebooted the phone and installed customize 1.17 again and lo and behold, my icon reordering works again... now to spend the next 5 minutes shuffling through my icons heheh
    Last edited by Geigerslave; 2007-11-14 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -G

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123