Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new customize

This is just so tiring, and quite annoying. They are even in the IRC chat channel complaining too. Iphonejeff and I are in there, as well as spicychicken @ times, and I feel bad that all people can do is complain and complain. Mbranes, Iphonejeff, and myself, were some of, if not THE original beta testers of this. We have personally spoken to spicychicken, and gotten the run-down. There is no need for people to just update blindly, before reading up, and then post complaint upon complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Please don't post stupidity without more information. 1.16 works flawless for me. What firmware do you have? How is your phone set up? You need to give details if you want things to be checked, and fixed. This will never get anything resolved.

To all the people complaining, do you even use DemoApp and Field app? if not, why not just delete them from Applications? Problem solved.

Spicychicken is working on the hidden icons. HE WROTE THE CODE OVER AGAIN FROM SCRATCH. He didn't REMOVE the feature, he has yet to RE-CODE IT BACK IN!
    i have 1.02 iphone and the settings are set to that.. i dont use demoapp and dont even know wtf it is.. and no its not working perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by schneiderman View Post
    i have 1.02 iphone and the settings are set to that.. i dont use demoapp and dont even know wtf it is.. and no its not working perfectly
    You can manually delete demoapp. It may not be working perfectly for you, but you shouldn't just blurt out for people to NOT use it. That is wrong. You have to state all variables, and thus, people can make educated decisions. As per your problem, I think Spicychicken knows about it, and has coded a fix. If not, I'll let him know next time I see him in the channel.

Thank you for posting more information.

You can manually delete demoapp. It may not be working perfectly for you, but you shouldn't just blurt out for people to NOT use it. That is wrong. You have to state all variables, and thus, people can make educated decisions. As per your problem, I think Spicychicken knows about it, and has coded a fix. If not, I'll let him know next time I see him in the channel.

Thank you for posting more information.
    so wait what is demoapp?

Yeah I like the hide feature as well. Use that more than anything. Looks like version 1.17 just came out, but its not back in yet. Love the app, thanks.

So I have a new customize update ready to install. What will I do?
    Not going to install! Because I like my hidden icons more then I want to rSBT my springboard. Done!

How do we update customize? For some reason I dont have the option through installer, yet I have customize on my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarra1972 View Post
    How do we update customize? For some reason I dont have the option through installer, yet I have customize on my iPhone.
    Go to sources and hit refresh

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Go to sources and hit refresh
    Done nothing mate. It weired. I think somewhere along the lines I done something with a .plist file. I had customize and summerboard showing up in categories, but once I done the .plist customize is no longer there, bleh, no idea what i done, but it works, wouldnt mind getting the update for it though.

1.17 works just fine!

Thanks

Yeah! me too! my iPhone is totally mess up! i wrote an email to them.....

Yea it messed up my keyboard does anybody kno how to just restore all that back because now my sms doesnt work

I refuse to tell people which repo to add in order to get the newest releases of Customize, simply because it is going to be the same exact foolishness.

I have NO idea what the demo app does, in honesty, lol. I've tried it a million times, and it does absolutely nothing for me.

To the other people, have you changed the settings in customize? When you open it (newest release) there should be an option at the very top to customize it. You can set if you have an iphone or an ipod touch, as well as which firmware you are using. This is probably in order to correctly apply changes to either your display order.plist, or your M68AP.plist file, as well as handing things differently between an iphone 1.1.1, and an itouch 1.1.1.

I don't get it. the last three updates 1.15 1.16 and 1.17 worked well for me. I did have to un-install Customize after updating to 1.17 because rSBT didn't work. Just gave me a black screen. I reinstalled it, re-set it up for the correct firmware, and vioala! It works just fine. I don't understand why it's screwing up some of these peoples' phones.

because theres to many n00bs on mmi now...
    and to the guy who wrote an email complaining about the new customize i wish a brick of ur phone....

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    I don't get it. the last three updates 1.15 1.16 and 1.17 worked well for me. I did have to un-install Customize after updating to 1.17 because rSBT didn't work. Just gave me a black screen. I reinstalled it, re-set it up for the correct firmware, and vioala! It works just fine. I don't understand why it's screwing up some of these peoples' phones.
    Because a lot of people aren't changing the settings, they just change icon order before they tell customize which product/firmware they have.

Quote Originally Posted by mkurasz View Post
    because theres to many n00bs on mmi now...
    and to the guy who wrote an email complaining about the new customize i wish a brick of ur phone....
    Don't say that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, it's just rather annoying that all these people act like spoiled little children. They are the same type who will complain about MMI being down for 20 minutes, as though they are the ones paying server fees.

If you want MMI to be up more, send them money!! If you want developers to code expeditiously, and incorporate everything you want right away, send them money!! If not, be very happy that these services are being provided to you at all, and that they ARE listening to the users. Sometimes things take time though.

Because a lot of people aren't changing the settings, they just change icon order before they tell customize which product/firmware they have.

Don't say that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, it's just rather annoying that all these people act like spoiled little children. They are the same type who will complain about MMI being down for 20 minutes, as though they are the ones paying server fees.

If you want MMI to be up more, send them money!! If you want developers to code expeditiously, and incorporate everything you want right away, send them money!! If not, be very happy that these services are being provided to you at all, and that they ARE listening to the users. Sometimes things take time though.
    yea ur right i just know if i wrote customize and i got a nasty email from some guy ******** id be pretty pissed...

And u know he deserves at least a soft bricking that needs a restore.... cmon meet me half way.. LOL

i updated to 1.17 and am very unhappy. i don't know who thought it would be a good idea to REMOVE features. i liked my three icon dock and my small springboard. now every app i have is on my springboard and i have a four icon dock, with no way to change it. sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronxxx View Post
    i updated to 1.17 and am very unhappy. i don't know who thought it would be a good idea to REMOVE features. i liked my three icon dock and my small springboard. now every app i have is on my springboard and i have a four icon dock, with no way to change it. sweet.
    Shut up and READ before you post, as well as before you UPDATE a program. The author re-wrote ALL the code, from scratch. A feature wasn't removed, it just wasn't fully coded in yet. Also, did you even change the settings in customize, to let it know what you're using? iphone? ipod touch? firmware version? Or did you just go straight to icon order, and fiddle around?

Shut up and READ before you post, as well as before you UPDATE a program. The author re-wrote ALL the code, from scratch. A feature wasn't removed, it just wasn't fully coded in yet. Also, did you even change the settings in customize, to let it know what you're using? iphone? ipod touch? firmware version? Or did you just go straight to icon order, and fiddle around?
    u madd?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast