Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About to activate with ATT Question

Default About to activate with ATT Question
    I have had my iPhone for a while now 1.0.2. I have been "playing" with it so far without activating it officially with ATT. Jailbroken. I am planning on starting my service with ATT this week. What do I need to do before I try to activate it?

Will I still be able to "play" with it after the att activation?

thanks for any help.

Why do you want to activate it with ATT?
    vfdecrypt -i 022-3602-17.dmg -o decrypted.img -k f45de7637a62b200950e550f4144696d7ff3dc5f0b19c8efdf 194c88f3bc2fa808fea3b3

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneRogue View Post
    I have had my iPhone for a while now 1.0.2. I have been "playing" with it so far without activating it officially with ATT. Jailbroken. I am planning on starting my service with ATT this week. What do I need to do before I try to activate it?

Will I still be able to "play" with it after the att activation?

thanks for any help.
    You can still do anything you want even after activating with at&t.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

which carrier r u with rite now? r u planning on signing up with att 2 years contract? if yes u can of course still play with anything as long u dont upgrade your iphone to the new firmware yet
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    which carrier r u with rite now? r u planning on signing up with att 2 years contract? if yes u can of course still play with anything as long u dont upgrade your iphone to the new firmware yet
    Why can't you upgrade your phone? If you're on AT&T it makes no difference. Most that happens with an update is you lose the 3rd party apps for a week or so
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    Why can't you upgrade your phone? If you're on AT&T it makes no difference. Most that happens with an update is you lose the 3rd party apps for a week or so
    I was saying if he still want to play with his phone( 3rd party apps) so dont upgrade it to the new firmware which is 1.1.2
     Think Different

1.1.2 is jailbroken. He needs to upgrade to 1.1.1 first, get his phone ready for the 1.1.2 upgrade, and then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    no contract now. not using the phone but want to activate and start new. Whats the deal with "virginize"?

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

If you havent used it as a phone, you dont have to worry about virginizing! You could use it as a pre-paid phone if you didnt want to sign a 2 year contract. 2 years is a long time to give a company your $$$. Depending on where you live, I would find the best carrier that uses GSM and go with them. Maybe AT&T fits the bill, but its a large bill! Believe me, I know!
    Go T-mobile if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by catriple View Post
    If you havent used it as a phone, you dont have to worry about virginizing! You could use it as a pre-paid phone if you didnt want to sign a 2 year contract. 2 years is a long time to give a company your $$$. Depending on where you live, I would find the best carrier that uses GSM and go with them. Maybe AT&T fits the bill, but its a large bill! Believe me, I know!
    Go T-mobile if you can!
    The only trouble with going TMobile is the unlocking issue. Every time an update comes out theres too many people that accidentally upgrade then come to the boards in a panic.

If the only way you can use the phone is to unlock then fine - the ppl that live outside the AT&T area or who already have TMobile and don't want to switch. But if you don't have to unlock then don't. It's not worth the trouble just to use TMobile vs AT&T
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    The only trouble with going TMobile is the unlocking issue. Every time an update comes out theres too many people that accidentally upgrade then come to the boards in a panic.

If the only way you can use the phone is to unlock then fine - the ppl that live outside the AT&T area or who already have TMobile and don't want to switch. But if you don't have to unlock then don't. It's not worth the trouble just to use TMobile vs AT&T
    besides the 2 year contract (im coming off sprint after almost 10 years) why is t-mobile better. looks to be the same price. do you get all the bells and whistles like visual messaging, internet, email and the such? I know you can still use a wifi connection, but can you get on the web without wifi & t-mobile?

thanks