Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: perm iphone crash?

Unhappy perm iphone crash?
    after downloading the mario party theme my iphone goes into a never ending load and then half the time i get white and lack lines going vertical... i can control the little sun at the bottom right (forgot what thats called) but it goes into a never ending freeze when i use it for a second. I've tried reseting restoring letting it sit for hours iphonebrowser and ibrikr none work.. anyone have a solution?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You will need to restore.

Download 1.1.1 firmware. Connect phone. Turn off. Turn back on but hold the power+home buttons until an iTunes logo comes up (about 20 seconds). Go to iTunes, hold down shift and point to 1.1.1 firmware.

this just happen to me 2 days ago, I found a thread somewhere on here *search silver apple* it was a thread like stuck @ silver apple or something like that. I found help there. But long story short ur gonna have to retore it! I had to force it into recovery mode and sync which made me go to the newest firmware (1.1.2) but at least the phone will work again. BTW my phone is not unlocked (I have at&t) dont know if that will make a difference. So from there I went in2 the jailbreaking/downgrading/unlocking threads and read up how to get back down to 1.0.2 took me a few hours to handle all of this and get back to where I was but its possible, so u can relax and get started. If u need any further help I'll try my best to guide u thru what I did. GOODLUCK!

thank you so much!!!it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
    You will need to restore.

Download 1.1.1 firmware. Connect phone. Turn off. Turn back on but hold the power+home buttons until an iTunes logo comes up (about 20 seconds).
    Ok I tried this and it worked but when it connects to my itunes, its coming up with "The Ipod software update server could not be contacted. Itunes starts up but without seeing the Iphone as a device. I have that "Ants" virus problem or whatever where it just starts up and flashes like a horror flick while a bunch of ants come out. It does this until all the battery drains out. Nothing seems to work, I tried reflashing it with iLiberty and ziphone but it just cuts off and loops back to the flashing ants. I tried to use Iphonebrowser but it will not detect my iphone. Any help would be appreciated because at this point, my iphone is useless.