Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with Customize app arranging icons

Default Problems with Customize app arranging icons
    I am trying to arrange my program icons in a specific order and customize does it for the most part but on the extended springboard it doesn't put them in the order i specify it only seems to work well on the first screen and the dock icons. Any ideas?

Thats the way it is
    everyone has the same problem.

I remember a couple sites that talked about this problem. Everytime you want to rearrange apps on the 2nd page, you need to edit the M68AP.plist file. If you need help, PM me and I can help you a bit more, but its kind of hard to explain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone has the exact same issue, I gotta talk to TheSpicyChicken about it.

i was wondering where you can find this file:

M68AP.plist

Quote Originally Posted by ehwin View Post
    i was wondering where you can find this file:

M68AP.plist
    System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

ehwin (2007-11-11)

here is the bakup un modified ....http://www.sendspace.com/file/yku8me

and here is the modded for 1.1.1 is http://www.sendspace.com/file/r41r16

if your a fan of the iphone browser guide yourself to the springboard.app and right click>replace file>find the modified or unmodified and replace> restart phone
    <put something witty here?>

I patched Customize to fix the iPod icon bug and let you sort your icons by going into Settings and selecting Max for SpringBoard.

Patched Customize is attached in zip.

Unzip and replace existing Customize in your Customize.app.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

pmas (2007-11-12)

Works great! Thank you

yay!!! THANK YOU!!!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I will definitely have to try this out after I get back to 1.13

The new version on installer.app is really messed up, it shows everything on Spring Board and no other options...
    Thanks,
    Matt

Works great, you should try to submit this or something to spread the word...

No need to spread the word. Customize has released a new version which fixes all the previous bugs, that I could see so far.

Reako

how can i extend my springboard? like have a second page on the springboard? thankss

Summerboard is your answer young grasshopper...

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Summerboard is your answer young grasshopper...

Reako
    lol, i do have SM but where do you get that option? version 2.11

i had the same problem with the icon order
    but when i changed it so i had 16 icons per page, it worked fine
    but i dont know how it will work with the new version of customize that came out today
    (which, by the way, doesnt let you hide icons anymore!)

SummerBoard 2.11 is for firmware 1.0.2 and scrolls icons up. SummerBoard 3 is for firmware 1.1.1 and scrolls in pages because that is how Apple implemented it.

Fixed!!!!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast