Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Send/Receive MMS without SwirlyMMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Send/Receive MMS without SwirlyMMS
    Is there another program where i can send and receive MMS messages. Swirly works fine, but when i get the image i have to search for it. and when i find it i cannot open or view it. i can just see it as a thumbnail. i moved it to DCIM where my iphone camera pics are, but they still did not show up on the slideshow or my photo program. I would be happy using swirly if there was an easier way of finding my pics and viewing them! Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

NO,there in NO program,exept SwirlyMMS,sorry...,by the way-why dont you like SwirlyMMS?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

jus prey for future updates, im sure something will come up soon. if someone would jus make an app viewer like our photos app to view mms photos specifically and bigger sized. that'd be awesome
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyways-why dont you like SwirlyMMS though?)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont like SwirlyMMS because when the photo comes to my phone, i have to search to find where it is, and when I find it i can only see a thumbnail and cannot open it, save it, copy to my laptop or anything

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 2010-06-09 at 09:28 AM.

i cant get mine to fetch the mms it says unexpected http response check settings any ideas thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ansmwke View Post
    Is there another program where i can send and receive MMS messages. Swirly works fine, but when i get the image i have to search for it. and when i find it i cannot open or view it. i can just see it as a thumbnail. i moved it to DCIM where my iphone camera pics are, but they still did not show up on the slideshow or my photo program. I would be happy using swirly if there was an easier way of finding my pics and viewing them! Thanks
    why dont u try using moveMMS.app works will.. it move the pic rite to ur cam roll....

Quote Originally Posted by tonycortes View Post
    Ummm if you have MobileFinder (file browser) MobilePreview (for MMS images) and MobileTextEdit (for MMS message), you can go to the path where SwirlyMMS saves the images and double tap on the image thumbnail or text file and it opens it up.

In fact I think you can change the start up location in finder so you're always opening up in the MMS download path.

If you want to save the image or text file to your computer, you can easily within FINDER email it to yourself or use OPENSSH and WINSCP to transfer it using your computer.
    Hi,
    I'm new here. I having a problem on my iPhone MobilePreview. I already download my MMS photo in MMS files. I use MobileFinder to find out my photo and use MobilePreview to view my photo. But my MobilePreview can't open my photos on MobileFinder MMS files. It's come out nothing. But in MobileFinder can see the photo.
    What is the problem? Can you help me up?
    Thanks!

i cant get it work with ATT anymore I think they have blocked it
    Can anyone confirm or send us the settings please
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by och View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new here. I having a problem on my iPhone MobilePreview. I already download my MMS photo in MMS files. I use MobileFinder to find out my photo and use MobilePreview to view my photo. But my MobilePreview can't open my photos on MobileFinder MMS files. It's come out nothing. But in MobileFinder can see the photo.
    What is the problem?
    Thanks!
    Hi,
    Anyone can help me on this?
    Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wait for Swirly to be updated
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ansmwke View Post
    I dont like SwirlyMMS because when the photo comes to my phone, i have to search to find where it is, and when I find it i can only see a thumbnail and cannot open it, save it, copy to my laptop or anything
    1. Make sure you have MobilePreview installed as well as MobileFinder.

If you still can only see a thumbnail:

2. In SwirlyMMS, select Settings, then Help. Scroll down and it tells you how to fix the problem.

Alternatively, use MoveMMS to add the pictures to your camera roll.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol1 View Post
    1. Make sure you have MobilePreview installed as well as MobileFinder.

If you still can only see a thumbnail:

2. In SwirlyMMS, select Settings, then Help. Scroll down and it tells you how to fix the problem.

Alternatively, use MoveMMS to add the pictures to your camera roll.
    Or just SSH into your device and transfer the pics from your device to the PC... Not that hard.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)