Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kate App Freeze Need Help Immedietly

Default Kate App Freeze Need Help Immedietly
    Hi. Thanks for reading this. I know that this has been asked a lot before but my circumstances are different from what i have read. I have been researching for about and hour but still haven't found the answer that i was looking for. Well here we go. I downloaded the 3rd party app kate and it made all of my apps freeze. I would reset it but i am on t-mobile and i am not sure what it would do. and secondly i have a mac so those windows programs don't work. If anyone could help it would be much appriciated

thanks!!!!!!!!

1. Use, SSH, WinSCP or FUGU etc, even iBrickr
    2. REMOVE “dock” files from usr/local/bin/dock
    3. Reboot phone
    4. The screen then becomes responsive. Goto KATE, untick all the boxes, and press apply.
    5. Uninstall Kate from installer.
    6. Enjoy phone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pirrup For This Useful Post:

ItsTalmage (2008-05-11), nitram (2008-05-11)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karter View Post
    Hi. Thanks for reading this. I know that this has been asked a lot before but my circumstances are different from what i have read. I have been researching for about and hour but still haven't found the answer that i was looking for. Well here we go. I downloaded the 3rd party app kate and it made all of my apps freeze. I would reset it but i am on t-mobile and i am not sure what it would do. and secondly i have a mac so those windows programs don't work. If anyone could help it would be much appriciated

thanks!!!!!!!!
    Guess you didnt search deep and far enough... but n e ways... all you have to do is respring your sprinboard one of two ways...

SSH into your device and enter:

/bin/launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

/bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

OR....

Install KillBoard onto your device, leave it on the springboard in not in an app like categories or bossprefs, launch killboard, your springboard will reboot... BAM! your back in play.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Thanks so much
    i really appreciate it

how do i ssh into my phone with out an ip address because i can't get to it through settings because the screen does not respond?
    Last edited by karter; 2008-05-10 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karter View Post
    Thanks so much
    i really appreciate it

how do i ssh into my phone with out an ip address because i can't get to it through settings because the screen does not respond?
    You can install the application using something like iPhoneBrowser, but you won't be able to set permissions, your pretty much at point of a restore, and follow this info here... This is what I did...

How I have a my device working flawleslly:

Restored
    1.1.4 Jailbroken ZiPhone
    Installed OpenSSh
    Installed Cydia and updated all under changes tab
    Installed Fake BSD Subsystem
    Installed SUID LIB Fix
    Installed SymbolicLinkMaker
    Installed Jiggy Runtime
    Installed KillBoard (to respring when touchscreen is unresponsive in apps)
    Installed Taskbar Notifier
    Installed Kate (Formely known as Caterpillar
    Installed SummberBoard
    Installed Customize 2.0
    Rebooted and applied settings for Kate
    Runs Flawless with just about every most used applications installed

*** I have had no issues since the very first release of this app doing these same install steps everytime I restored ***
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)