Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone is semi-unstable

Default iPhone is semi-unstable
    Every now and then the screen freezes so I would have to do a phone reset (holding home + power button for 5 seconds). Even my iPod player randomly stops and goes to the home screen.

Here are the list of apps i'm using:
    - Send pics
    - Send song
    - Apollo
    - Mobile Chat
    - NavizonGPS
    -Community Sources
    - iApp-a-day
    -bsd subsystem
    -installer
    -openssh
    -summerboard
    -light
    -customize

All are in their latest version as it was downloaded today.

Which of those things are causing this problem?

Start un-installing each application at a time. If your phone returns to normal, you'll know which application was causing problems.

Make sure you have Dim Wallpaper turn off in SummerBoard - it seems to cause SumemrBoard to use up all memory.

I had a similar issue, where my iphone would randomly freeze up, though occasionally it would recover after about 10 seconds. I discovered that it was caused by openSSH running. I installed the services app to turn it off and all my problems stopped. For future troubleshooting, I recommend rebooting and just flicking around the springboard and settings apps, to test auto-running programs. (ie. summerboard, openSSH) then open a persistent application (ie. Apollo) and again just start flicking around. this will allow you to figure out the offending program without needing to uninstall your programs.