Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Software for iphone

Default GPS Software for iphone
    Hello,

I'm looking for a GPS software to use with my iphone. I don't need any hardware, neither want to use wifi for this. I don't want navizon (i don't want a "locate me" software...

I own a Holux GPSlim 240 Bluetooth GPS Receiver (SiRF III)

This connects to any mobile phone using bluetooth.
    I had previously the tomtom gps software installed in my nokia 6630, and connected to this holux device using bluetooth i could have a real gps with realtime navigation, just like a gps device.

Anyone can help me out?

The iPhone's bluetooth consists of just the earpiece, nothing more...

My iphone connects to my Garmin gps and I use it as a speaker when driving my car but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx3 View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for a GPS software to use with my iphone. I don't need any hardware, neither want to use wifi for this. I don't want navizon (i don't want a "locate me" software...

I own a Holux GPSlim 240 Bluetooth GPS Receiver (SiRF III)

This connects to any mobile phone using bluetooth.
    I had previously the tomtom gps software installed in my nokia 6630, and connected to this holux device using bluetooth i could have a real gps with realtime navigation, just like a gps device.

Anyone can help me out?
    I have the same gps receiver (wrong picture btw) the only way you can connect it is with a cable. And there is only one app out there at the moment that works the Hike.app. There is already a thread here and I posted the app itself, do a quick search and you'll find it.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wait till June hopefully the bluetooth will be updated so we can use it with GPS'
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Well the same receiver works also with bluetooth, so come june if we get bt support we can go wireless till then just connecting with a cable is not a big deal. Maybe we even get 2nd gen iphone with built in gps.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

If I understand this correctly. Firmware 2.0 might fix the bluetooth device of the old iphone? is that correct? If this Firmware 2.0 fixes it, then all we need is a Bluetooth compatible GPS receiver? Is that correct guys? Please confirm.

Tks

Say....I buy a Tom Tom GPS software for my old iphone. does it mean I will have to sign up the internet data plan with AT&T??

Appreciation guys
    Last edited by Wil'siphone; 2008-06-12 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I dont know but since the new iPhone will have a built in GPS it seems unlikekly that Apple will allow old iPhones to connect to external GPS with blutooth. If they keep us from doing that we need to buy new iPhones instead, and they like that.
    To get GPS for old iPhone i think we need to rely on the iPhone GPS project, or that other external GPS can communicate through the dataport on the iPhone.

Default iphone-gps.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    I dont know but since the new iPhone will have a built in GPS it seems unlikekly that Apple will allow old iPhones to connect to external GPS with blutooth. If they keep us from doing that we need to buy new iPhones instead, and they like that.
    To get GPS for old iPhone i think we need to rely on the iPhone GPS project, or that other external GPS can communicate through the dataport on the iPhone.
    Here is an update on the ongoing GPS project. The first housing design is done. Things are coming together. Contract manufacturing is in the works and its a nice sleek plug-in. A website for pre-order sign-up will be up soon as well.

Read more at:
    In the making: GPS for the iPhone and iTouch

PmgR
    NO SPAM NO SPAM NO SPAM NO SPAM NO SPAM NO SPAM