Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Storage problem, advice needed.

Default Storage problem, advice needed.
    So i have an unlocked phone 1.1.4 and when i connect it to the pc and itunes it tells me that i have 2.95GB of "other". I first noticed that yesterday and thought it was odd that it was recognizing my music as OTHER but just didn't give it too much thought.
    After a sync i did, i noticed i accidentally deleted all my music from the phone, so i just started uploading all the songs again. After i finished i checked my Summary tab and it said i had 2.8GB of Music and still 2.95gb of Other, which i am assuming the Other is still the music i had or something.
    Again, i deleted all my music and media and it still says 2.95gb, so my question is, how can i delete all that other stuff? i can't do a Restore with itunes right?!?

Some advice would be really appreciated

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

use BossTool...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

"Other" refers to anything in the mobile partition that is not recognized as being synced through iTunes. Other can be Customize and Summerboard themes, vWallpaper downloads, HidePod videos... etc.

Yeah, thanks. I kinda figured out what that means but there is no way in hell i have that much, 3gb i mean, unless all the stuff that Installer lists fills that much space (which i doubt).
    Will look into that Boss Tool thingy.

Thanks

I was reading and watching a video about BossTool and for what i got is that that application works to "free" space so i can install more/other applications, right?!? The thing is that i don't want to install more, i am just curious to know what those "other" 3gb of space is used for, i have like 5 pics, 5 wallpapers and that's it and i wanna free that memory used.
    If i use "restore" in itunes it will f up my unlocked phone right....oh so u know, i bought the phone already unlocked so to be honest i am not that familiar with all the jailbraking thingys.
    Last edited by valhum; 2008-05-07 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

a Restore will relock and reset your phone back to factory but with iLiberty, Ziphone, and iDemocracy there are 3 prpograms that will rejailbreak/unlock in under 5 mins with one click of a button so it's no big deal. If you decide to go this route be sure and set the phone up as NEW in iTunes after the jailbreak.

Oic, thanks, so i guess the only way is restoring it back and then unbreaking it again......scurred, lol.